I don't know what it is about days when I absolutely should not be blogging, but I felt like returning out of the grave for a day and coughing up some of Wonderland dust.
I should absolutely not be blogging today because Monday (and I repeat - Monday) (and I repeat - in two days) (I won't repeat again) starts the week I have been dreading all year. Aka, my final teaching practice of the year; aka the week and three days that will decide if:
1. Naomi teaches well enough to pass through the final year of her insane-driving course
2. Naomi does not teach well enough to qualify as a third-year student and has to redo the whole bally year
Exciting times ahead! I shall face them with all the courage I can muster. (Exciting though, it remains. I am freaking out, not going to lie.)
The past months have been a mash of school stress and trying-to-balance-life-and-finding-a-way-to-have-a-life. They have been stressful. Not always equally satisfying, but God teaches me the most in unsatisfying situations so I am grateful; grateful for His grace and for His mercy. And His patience. (His patience is seriously out of this world.)
Some things I have not been doing since I last posted:
- Reading books for my own pleasure ("I read Letters of a Sceptic, but," Naomi muttered under her breath in sheer agony, "nothing else." Then she gazed at her books that laid patiently on her bookshelves.)
- Writing (Ah well. I shall return to that another time. Twenty-year-old Naomi is not competing with her seventeen-year-old self. All is well.)
- Sewing (not that I ever did this to start with, but I might as well add it as not.)
I sound dramatic but I genuinely don't miss 'hobby-ing' (as I used to call it) in too vast amounts. Sure, I wish I had time to unapologetically dive into a novel, but I oftentimes find myself prioritizing other matters and I am embracing it for the time being.
Some things I have been doing since I last posted:
- Booking cheap Flixbus tickets to Holland. There may (or there may not. do not jump to conclusions!) be a tall ginger boy I like to visit every now and again.
- College (college is a verb)
- Looking forward to a summer of no college
- Christmassing (a while ago now, but I did that. I even went to a Christmas market with someone (I said no jumping to conclusions!) and had hot chocolate and went on a ferriswheel and looked at Christmas lights. If that isn't Christmassing I don't know what is.)
- New Yearsing (ok maybe this is not a verb.) (But I went to the Netherlands and New Yeared like I never have before. The fireworks there are n u t s.)
- College x100
- Listening to music. Momentary favourites: Ben Rector, Andy Grammer and Nial Horan. Have also gone through a Hamilton fase.
Nice to see that I still use brackets that much when I write. Was wondering how this post would turn out.
To my reader: How have you been since the funeral?