Multiple choice Period Drama Quiz

A another random picture which I found and put on my blog for all my lovely followers to gush over. Gush along- this is the sort of picture which needs gushing and swooning. It's so pretty- isn't it? Now. Let the post start.
I've stolen this idea from Miss Dashwood, but I'm sure she won't mind. Besides I'm doing it with different questions, so the quiz is different. (yes, thank you Mary, but I think we had ALL gathered that much). Let's start, shall we?
 
 
#1. What are the names of Sophie Hutton's (from Cranford) two younger sisters?
a) Lizzie and Helen
b) Helen and Sarah
c) Joyce and Lizzie
d) Lydia and Kitty
 
#2. What are the names of the Dashwood's servants at Barton Cottage? (Sense and Sensibility)
a) Marie Antoinette and Guinevere
b) Betty and John
c) Betsy and Thomas
d) Betty and Joe
 
#3.  According to Mr Collins, how much did Rosings chimney piece in the second drawing room cost?
a) 1000£
b) 800£
c) 400£
d) 100£
(sorry, boring question- I was just curious to see whether you'd know or not)
 
#4. Complete the quote: This is a fine kettle of....
a) fish
b) birds
c) elephants
d) something
(And who said it?)
 
#5 Who's the first person speaking in the entire Downton Abbey show (aka- series one)?
a) Robert Crawley
b) Mrs Patmore
c) The postmaster
d) The delivery boy
 
#6 What did Pollyanna say when her aunt told her to eat bread and milk with Nancy, the maid (it was a punishment)?
a) Oh, thank you, Aunt Polly! I love bread and milk!
b) Aunt Polly, that's so kind of you. That's just the kind of food I feel like right now. I am greatly indebted.
c) You are unutterably strickt, Polly
d) Aunt Polly, if you think you've punished me you are totally wrong. I shall happily do what you told me. Hah.
 
#7 At the end of 'My Fair Lady', Henry Higgins tells Eliza to find his...
a) slippers
b) glasses
c) marbles
d) blue bowtie with little dinosaurs on it. (Hint, the dinosaurs had green eyes, but they were yellow.)
 
#8 Finish this quote: I mustn't come any closer. I promised your...
a) mother
b) sister
c) four-winged platypus who killed your stepsister
d) father
(Who said this quote?)
 
#9 Gwendolyn Fairfax (the Importance of Being Earnest) thinks reading ones diary is...
a) sensational
b) melancholy
c) intriguing
d) so boring she expects to die every moment
 
#10 Tumnus the faun (in Narnia) tempts Lucy to come to his house by promising...
a) oyster crackers
b) chocolate muffins
c) oranges
d) sardines
 
#11 In the Kings Speech, king George tells his daughters a story. In the end of the story the penguin changes into a...
a) handsome prince
b) albatross
c) talker
d) another penguin
 
#12 In North and South, Fanny Thornton is shocked to see that the Hales do not have a...
a) piano
b) lace curtains
c) horse
b) carriage
 
#13 What does Lizzy Bennet think that not many wouldn't approve of?
a) Mr Darcy
b) Georgiana's piano-playing
c) Pemberly
d) the gardens at Rosings
 
#14 What would Anne Shirley have done had Matthew not come to pick her up?
a) climb into an apple tree and spend the night there
b) climb into a cherry tree and spend the night there
c) just wait on the bench till he did come.
d) Cry and tell everyone she was in the depth of despair
 
#15 Who said this? "Seems a pity to miss such a good pudding"
a) Diana Barry
b) Lydia Bennet
c) Violet Crawley
d) The Scarlet Pimpernel
 
Enjoy! Answers coming next week!
 

14 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! Even though it wasn't yours, hehe. I take ideas from other people too sometimes. :-)

    THAT PICTURE IS GORGEOUS. OH MY WORD. Yes, I am gushing and swooning.

    #1 Hmmm...can't remember. Lizzie and Helen?

    #2 C. (Marie Antoinette and Guenivere? HAHA.)

    #3 B. 800 pounds! *gasp*

    #4 Fish

    #5 C, the postmaster

    #6 Uh, I don't know this one since I haven't seen the movie, so I'll just guess A.

    #7 I don't know this one either, but I'll just guess D since it's the funniest. :-P

    #8 D. "I promised your father." OHHHH!!!!

    #9 A

    #10 Huh? B, maybe? I don't know and I really don't care, haha.

    #11 A? Just a guess.

    #12 B? Another random guess.

    #13 D

    #14 B

    #15 Violet Crawley!

    That was fun! :-)

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Emma- You did well! You've scored 110 points! Your guess for number six was correct, but your guesses for seven, ten, eleven and twelve weren't. Soary. And no, you can't come back and guess again because in that way you can just guess till there's only one answer left, haha.

    I know- that picture is simply swellissimusssy!
    You can be the one sniffing blossom, because you love flowers, and I can be the one in pink, cos that's my favourite colour. Plus the one in pink looks slightly older than the other one and I'm eighteen days older than you. *Proud about that*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a simply goergous picture! :D I love it muchly!!

    ahem
    1) b?
    2) b
    3) a
    4) a ummmmmm
    5) c
    6 a
    7) a
    8( a
    9) c
    10) d
    11) a
    12) d
    13) c
    14) a
    15 a

    what fun Naomi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1. What are the names of Sophie Hutton's (from Cranford) two younger sisters?
    a) Lizzie and Helen

    #2. What are the names of the Dashwood's servants at Barton Cottage? (Sense and Sensibility)
    c) Betsy and Thomas

    #3. According to Mr Collins, how much did Rosings chimney piece in the second drawing room cost?
    b) 800£

    #4. Complete the quote: This is a fine kettle of....
    a) fish
    Marilla Cuthbert in Anne Of Green Gables

    #5 Who's the first person speaking in the entire Downton Abbey show (aka- series one)?
    c) The postmaster

    #6 What did Pollyanna say when her aunt told her to eat bread and milk with Nancy, the maid (it was a punishment)?
    a) Oh, thank you, Aunt Polly! I love bread and milk!

    #7 At the end of 'My Fair Lady', Henry Higgins tells Eliza to find his...
    a) slippers

    #8 Finish this quote: I mustn't come any closer. I promised your...
    d) father
    Roger Osborne in Wives and Daughters

    #9 Gwendolyn Fairfax (the Importance of Being Earnest) thinks reading ones diary is...
    a) sensational

    #10 Tumnus the faun (in Narnia) tempts Lucy to come to his house by promising...
    d) sardines

    #11 In the Kings Speech, king George tells his daughters a story. In the end of the story the penguin changes into a...
    b) albatross?

    #12 In North and South, Fanny Thornton is shocked to see that the Hales do not have a...
    a) piano

    #13 What does Lizzy Bennet think that not many wouldn't approve of?
    c) Pemberly?

    #14 What would Anne Shirley have done had Matthew not come to pick her up?
    a) climb into an apple tree and spend the night there

    #15 Who said this? "Seems a pity to miss such a good pudding"
    c) Violet Crawley

    Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, that picture *is* pretty! :D

    1. a) Lizzie and Helen

    2. c) Betsey and Thomas

    3. c) 400 pounds

    4. a) fish (But I've heard this quote too often to pin it to one period drama!)

    6. a) Oh, thank you, Aunt Polly! I love bread and milk!

    7. a) slippers (THEM slippers!)

    8. d) father (Roger Hamley)

    10. d) sardines (Awkward, considering Georgie Henley didn't even like sardines...)

    11. b) albatross

    12. a) piano (And their staircase is nearly the full width of this room.)

    13. c) Pemberly (second only to the number of windows at Rosings)

    14. b) climb into a cherry tree and spend the night there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evie, thanks for playing! You have 60 points!
    I know, the picture *is* gorgeous!

    Miss Laurie,
    I'm sorry but your comment was so long I could only see ahlf of it. That's fine with me (love long comments!) but it means I can't tell you what score you have. But from what I saw, everything was right, so you have high hopes. :-)

    Kiri Liz,
    You have 110 points! Your guess for number three was wrong, but all your other guesses were right. Well done, and thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!!!
    I found your blog through 'For the Beauty of the Earth' blog.

    My guesses:
    #1 a
    #2-b
    #3-c
    #4-a
    #5-d
    #6-a
    #9-a
    #10-d
    #12-a
    #13-c
    #14-b

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you tell me what question it cut off at?

    ReplyDelete
  9. #10 Tumnus the faun (in Narnia) tempts Lucy to come to his house by promising..
    d) sardines

    #11 In the Kings Speech, king George tells his daughters a story. In the end of the story the penguin changes into a...
    b) albatros

    #12 In North and South, Fanny Thornton is shocked to see that the Hales do not have a...
    a) piano

    #13 What does Lizzy Bennet think that not many wouldn't approve of?
    c) Pemberly

    #14 What would Anne Shirley have done had Matthew not come to pick her up?
    b) climb into a cherry tree and spend the night there

    #15 Who said this? "Seems a pity to miss such a good pudding"
    c) Violet Crawley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss Laurie,
    Thank you for answering the latter half of questions again- I appreciate that. I have now "seen" all your answers but number 9. If that one is rightly answered, you have 150 points- the highest marks possible- well done!

    Ella,
    Thanks for following and nice to have you playing!
    You have 80 points. Your guesses for 2, 3 and 5 were wrong, but all your other guesses were correct. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Naomi!!!
    This was such a unique quiz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. a
    2. c
    3. a
    4. a
    5. d
    6.
    7. a
    8. d (Roger Hamley to Molly at the end of Wives and Daughters)
    9.
    10.d
    11. a
    12. c
    13.a
    14.c

    ReplyDelete
  13. So here's my last answer.
    #9 Gwendolyn Fairfax (the Importance of Being Earnest) thinks reading ones diary is...
    a) sensational "I must have something sensational to read on the train!"
    Thanks for this quiz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Birdie, you have 60 points! Thanks for playing! :D

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.