Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Christmas lists

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT CHRISTMAS:
 
The Bible Message
The Christmas Carols
The Presents (hey, I'm still young)
The frosty cosiness
The Christmas tree
Candles
Going to Church on a weekday
The dark, early evenings
The dark, late mornings
Good food
Turkey
Christmas Crackers
Queen Elizabeth of England's Christmas Broadcast Speech
King Philippe of Belgium's Christmas Broadcast Speech
Family time
Excited sibling giggles
Sound of Music
Cake (shameless feeling)
Happiness (it's impossible to frown on Christmas)
The first chapters of The Gospel of Matthew and Luke. Never get old.
Snuggly feelings
Thank you's
Traditions
WHAT I DISLIKE ABOUT CHRISTMAS
 
That it finishes
That it won't snow this year. Honestly, it's like spring here - newspaper was talking about it yesterday.
That it ends.
That it finishes.
That it...
It ends
 
Honestly though guys:
Have a very merry Christmas.
 
Just make it the best day of two-thousand-and-fourteen. Make it a day you'll cherish for ever.
 
I know I will. :-)

7 comments:

  1. Awwww. This was very sweet. There are sooooo many things I love about Christmas, and you've definitely mentioned quite a few of them.

    Merry Christmas, Naomi! :-)

    ~Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!!!
    p.s. what country do you live in? i'm in new zealand so it's summer for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma,
    Oh, this list is far from complete, haha. I could have thought of loads more, but I just kind of threw a post into each other in two minutes.
    Merry Christmas!!!

    Ainsley,
    I live in Belgium - It's definitely winter here, but there's also definitely no snow! We've had snow in December for some years, but the last two years have been so green. Or rather, grey.
    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I love about christmas:
    ~candy canes
    ~the unbearable heat, haha
    ~barbecues
    ~swimming
    what I don't love so much
    ~mosquitoes
    ~the unbearable heat

    That's a pity you didn't get snow this year:-( One of my goals is to actually have a snowy Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth,
    Aw, thanks for your own little list! Oh my goodness, I just can't imagine a summery Christmas. I've tried, but I just can't. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry (late) Christmas, Naomi! I hope your holiday was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie,
    You too, dear! Well, I've still got holidays, but not for much longer... *sob*
    And yes, I'm enjoyed the calm holiday a lot. Time for writing!
    Thanks for all your lovely comments, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.