Wednesday, 31 December 2014

New Years Tag

Hello, 2015.
 
 
2015!!!
 
2015!!! Doesn't that sound like a grand number? Something to be proud of to be in?
 
A New Year, with no big mistakes in it yet. Lying ahead of me. How daunting is that? And how excitingly wonderful is it? So much can happen in a year, I've learnt. An immensely huge load of stuff has definitely happened to me in 2014! First off, my writing style has improved so much (honestly, when I read my old comments, I have to cringe) and most importantly, I've met my best friend! And started this blog, which has made a big impact on my life, and my attitude about life.

So here's a long New Year's tag that floated around last year.


What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?
- Write not one, not two, but three books!
- Start a blog!
- Watch Emma 2009 and Little Dorrit 2008 :-)
- Have a best friend
- Scrapbooking

Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make one this year?

Well, last year I told myself I would be less lazy than I was the year before, and yes - I kind of succeeded. I won't lie, though, I had my extremely lazy days, but I definitely did more stuff and got on with things more, especially in the second half of the year.
This year I haven't made any yet, but I might make some - I still have to think that over. :-)

Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes, I have two new cousins (I have like, two new ones each year, so I can't say this isn't normal) and my mum will give birth in March, which is madly exciting, of course!



Did anyone close to you die?

Queen Fabiola of Belgium died. But yeah, I wasn't really close to her, haha.

What countries/states did you visit?

England and Switserland and - of course - Belgium, which is where I live.

What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?

- Better writing skills and a wider range of vocabulary
- Nail polish (I've suddenly realised I've never had it)
- Really long hair
- A brain that enjoys maths (although I'm sure this will never happen) (perfectly, perfectly sure)
- A published book (just because I have to put that in, even though I know it's just a dream.)
- All the Period Dramas and Movies that I haven't seen yet
- More followers (I'm being super honest with you. I know that's what followers want.)

Ssh. I have a recent fondness for carrousels.


What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory?

Christmas, the 25th of December!
The day I started my dear Wonderland Creeky! Although, haha - I can't really remember the actual date. I could look at my first post and find out that way, but I'm too lazy. I told you I was lazy.

Did you move anywhere?

We moved two years ago, so no, we're happy and settled in our big white house. This year we really made it 'home', and now I love it so much it hurts. My little siblings used to call it 'The White House' - and no, they hadn't a clue about the White House in America, which is the reason why it's rather funny. :-)



What was the best month?

I'd say November or December. I love those wintery, fluttery, golden months. ;-P

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Writing three-whole-books! Well, no. The biggest achievement wasn't writing the books, it was actually finishing  them. That's something I've really worked on this year. Finishing stuff. Man, what an achievement. *clenches fists proudly* I did it! I did it!

What was your biggest failure?

Complaining, maybe. Or losing my temper. Or laziness.

Did you suffer illness or injury?

No. Thank you, Lord!



What was the best thing you bought?

The best thing I bought was my flowery jumper. I wear it so much. It's kind of moldy-green, soft and calm, with peach-coloured and swan-coloured flowers jumbling all over it. It was a great buy. Also, of course, any book I bought on Amazon. Especially Lynn Austin's 'Proper Persuit.'

Okay that jumper sounded much more exotic than it really is.


Whose behaviour merited celebration?

My dad and mum. Love those two to pieces. And Emma. Always Emma.



Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?

Man, I don't know. I'm always appalled when I hear about murders and stuff in the news, if that counts. I can't name people, though - which, I suppose is only a good thing. Oh no! I know someone! Someone which made me almost gnash my teeth and all that. Someone who I loathe and abominate and hate and all that. He's rotten. He oozes with evil. I loathe the ground he treads on! It's Blandois in Little Dorrit.
 
FICTIONAL CHARACTERS COUNT.

Where did most of your money go?

Post and package. Honestly. The amount I spent on post and package this year is immense. Seriously, more than the things I actually bought. But it was worth it. Three cheers for packages and letters in the post! It deserves the money.



What did you get really, really, really excited about?

MY BLOG. Honestly, I was crazing, oozing with excitement. When I hit that orange 'publish' button for the first time, snap, I was practically trembling. I had never before ever published something public on the internet and it was amazingly terrifying in a nice way. I'm so glad I started blogging, guys. It's just a great, great, great way to know fellow people similar to myself (awesome people, naturally :-P) and I LOVE writing blog posts. You probably knew that, by the amount of 'Wonderland Creek' posts that come on your dashboard.
Also, I got really excited when I sang a solo in the British Embassy at a Christmas Party and when I received Emma's first letter by mail, and - of course - Christmas. And snow. Two days after Christmas, we had SNOW.



What was the best concert you've been to this year?

The Christmas Carol service, does that count? That was dazzlingly heavenly. Our Church has a Carol service every year, and it's like one my favourite evenings of the whole year (together with Christmas Eve evening, and my birthday evening (which is Pride and Prejudice 1995 time, always)). This year I sang a solo, which made it even more memorable. I sang Silent Night, in German.

What song/album will always remind you of 2014?

The Andrew sisters songs. I kind of discovered Vintage Music this year.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
1. happier or sadder? Definitely happier. Last year was kind of pessimistic a lot of the time. I still am sometimes of course, but I know I feel happier. Blogging and meeting Ems really helped. :-)
2. thinner or fatter? Hey, hey, personal, that. No, honestly, not a clue.
3. richer or poorer? Poorer, I think. What with post and package and all that.




What do you wish you'd done more of?

Writing.
Yes, even more. Also, I wish I spend more time doing schoolwork. It's like I really have to catch up right now, haha.

What do you wish you'd done less of?

That answer. You know what it is. I'm not even going to say it. (Psst. You're doing it right now.)

What was your greatest musical discovery?

The Andrew Sisters! Those darling girls have intoxicated me with their classiness. Now I'm in that fase where I'm a little wary and sick of brass instrument sound, so I'm not listening to them a lot at the moment, but I know I will come back to them. Officially a fan.
I also discovered Celtic Women and Vera Lynn. Loooove those ladies. Angel voices!



How did you spend Christmas?
At home, with my dear family - the best way to do it! Simple, but lovely.

How are you spending New Year's?
My grandparents are over, which is always fun. We've never done anything really big and elaborate for New Years. What I mainly do is imagining all the things that might happen to me this year.
Oh, (some of) my siblings (and me too, if I feel like going in the dark, cold garden) sometimes take those cute little sparkling firework thingies and walk with them in the garden. Jovial thing to do. Festive, and all that.

Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
I rarely, rarely, rarely phone. I don't mind doing it - in fact, I enjoy picking up the phone and passing it to whoever, but I don't often have long conversations. That might - just might - change this year, though. *winkey-wink at someone who knows who she is*.
Oh, eh, I haven't answered the question. Well, it's probably Grandma.



What was the best book you read?
THE REFINER'S FIRE SERIES BY LYNN AUSTIN. Period.

Did you fall in love in 2014?
Yes. I fell in love with Mr Knightley in the 2009 version of Emma. (Fictional characters count. Fictional characters so count.)

What was your favourite TV show?
Downton Abbey, as always. Although I haven't seen Season Five yet, Downton remains my favourite TV show. But as we don't have a TV at home, I can't properly follow it like other people can. Yes, I envy you.
 
HOW GORGEOUS ARE THESE CLOTHES.
 

What did you want and get?
- A blog
- A best friend
- Those fashionable kind of shoes with the white nose. Yes, I'm not surprised if you don't get what I meant.
- Watching Emma and Little Dorrit and Lark Rise.
- Loads of new black pens. I lurve black pens. I can't write with blue ones; Black is professional and nicer.
- A copy of GONE WITH THE WIND. (That's a title that looks unreal if not typed with capital letters.)

What did you want and not get?
Not much, not much. Nothing I can think of at present, actually. But if we're elaborate and speak in wide terms, there are things such as 'A visit to Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey)', 'An email from Julia Sawalha', 'Having my book published'... yeah. Always are things, you know.
But mainly having my book published. But it's so... I mean, will it ever happen?
Oh, and more holiday. That would have been appreciated.
 
 
 
What were your favourite films of this year?
I'm going to make this question different: What were the best films you watched for the first time this year? Well, as mentioned earlier about twice, definitely Emma 2009 (definitely, it's just too adorable for me to describe) and Little Dorrit (man, man, man!!!). But also Lark Rise to Candleford, Sense and Sensibility 2008 (I had seen the other version, of course) and - let me think, there were others - Oh YES - Goodbye Mr Chips and Berkerly Square.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My birthday was way back in January, so I have to think about how I celebrated it. I was fifteen, and oh yes, I celebrated it at home and read books and wore new clothes. Happy little day of my own. :-) Oh and of course - I WATCHED P&P95.



How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Flowery, pink, professional, with a slight sparkle somewhere and light blue.

What kept you sane?
God. I wouldn't be here without Him. I love Him so much! I just don't deserve what He does to me.
And also writing, and my family, and Emma.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy most?
Dan Stevens. He's... great. And no, that wasn't the only adjective I could think of - I just refrained myself in order to overcome embarrassment to both you and especially me.



What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Seriously, you can't ask this, for it was an amazing year. Well, okay then, seeing as you asked. Having my book published or more holiday days. One? Okay then, the former.

What political issue stirred you the most?
Politics? *rubs forehead* Wait... someone actually asked me something about... politics? Like, do you think I know what it means? That I follow that, or something?
*splutters* Politics, indeed. Pha.

Who did you miss?
Um. Not sure. Maybe my great aunt who died two years ago - she was so cheerful and sweet.
 

Who was the best person you met?
EMMA. No simpler and more obvious answer than that. This is the year I (properly) met the person who's now my bosom friend. Sniff, I'm so blessed. Love you, girl.

Tell a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
Be yourself. As Jordan Taylor from Blimey Cow says, 'Because let's be honest - you're actually pretty cool.'
Several years ago, I was always adapting myself to the people I was around. How boring does that sound. BEING YOURSELF IS GREAT. It's hectic and filled with nonsense, in my case, but it's GREAT.
 

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
This is impossible. I racked my brain, but it's too hard and I decided to give up. Pathetic answer, right?

Five personally significant events of 2014:
- First email to Emma!
- Setting up this blog!
- Finishing my novel!
- Singing my solo in the Christmas Carol service!
- Going to a family party in England and seeing all my four-hundred cousins again (well, slight exaggeration, but just slight.)

Five things I want to do in 2015:
- Phone Emma
- Meet Emma (I had to throw that in)
- Host a party on here
- Finish some other books (some, haha)
- Publishing. Hey, dreaming big is encouraged in the world.
- Pass all my exams. (Home-schoolers also do exams, yes.)



People I'd like to know better in 2015:
Bloggy friends, and just some plain random people from the street. And myself, for I might discover some hidden gift or talent. *wiggles eyebrows*
 
Wow, I enjoyed filling in this tag! You should do it too. Now I'm going back, and I'm going to put randomly nice pictures all over the place so that people will go on scrolling down. Always works, you know. ;-)
 
Happy New Year!
 
2015 won't be perfect, but we'll make it awesome.
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Capital Capital!! Braaaaaaaavo!!!! :D Oh how I wish my New Years Tag was as dignified as yours Naomi dear! :-)
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evie,
    My tag is dignified? Why, thank you dear! I'll have a look at your New Year's Tag now... I haven't read it properly yet.

    -Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so THAT's how you keep your readers-- the heaps and gobs of pretty pictures. It must work. I get it.

    HAHAHAHAHAHA.

    Seriously, where do you GET all these. I'm gonna have to steal some.

    I loved reading this! Of course. :-) I think it's cool how everyone's doing this same tag, and I'm really loving reading them all.

    Yes, I have to agree, your writing skills (and style) have improved SO much. I've been able to tell. Mine have too, I think, remarkably so. At least I hope so. ;-P I think blogging is a great way to improve your writing, as well as other things. :-)

    You certainly do love carousels. ;-) I immediately recognized that second picture-- remember, it was the one you put on my first letter? Ah, memories.

    Wow, your jumper does sound exotic. Okay, so can you clear up something for me? In America a 'jumper' is a sort of dress, but in Europe it's a sweater, right?

    Aaaahhhhh, I feel bad for costing you so much for post and package. *giggles* Uh, kidding! It was all worth it, yes? Yes.

    Yes, yes, yes! I remember how excited I was when I made my blog. Like, ravingly, ridiculously excited. It's not often I get THAT excited. It was one of my greatest desires to have a blog....and now look where it's got me? It's amazing, I tell you.

    YES I CANNOT WAIT TO TALK TO YOU ON THE PHONE!!!! Can you just imagine how much we'll be screaming? It's going to be so wild. I've imagined it lots of times, but I still don't know what I'll say. Of course it'll all start to flow once we get over the initial weirdness and utter awesomeness. :-) I am SO excited.

    Yes, if you think about it, there are always dreams you had for the year that didn't happen, that you knew weren't going to happen. *Emma instantaneously goes into Les Mis mode* "There are dreams that cannot beeeeee!"

    Your birthday sounds like it was very happy. :-) Birthdays are so fun, aren't they? It's like an ordinary day, but it's special and sweet and stands out from other days. I'm really excited to turn sixteen! And especially to start driving...wow. Hey, when will you start to drive? (Nevermind-- you can answer that on email.)

    Yes, I agree with you 100 percent: BE YOURSELF. That's been such a huge thing for me in the past....gahhh, year, I guess. It's so odd that something so natural should be so hard. But everyone is better for it if you just be yourself, you most of all.

    You have four hundred cousins?! I guess I didn't know you had THAT many! ;-P Haha.

    Yes, dreaming is ALWAYS encouraged, in my book. The wilder, the better. We might not meet each other this year, but it WILL happen. (Oh my goodness gracious, what if we DID meet this year?!?)

    Yes, we'll make 2015 awesome. Just you wait and see. :-)

    Love you! Happy New Year!!!!

    ~Emmskers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma (haha, I just accidentally wrote 'Ella' and then I was like, I can't imagine that being your name and quickly changed it),

    Thank you for your ridiculously long comment. Now, I *thought* that long comment on your blog would make you do something in return. JUST KIDDING. I don't comment on your blog because I want comments in return. :-P

    I get these via Pinterest, dear. Simple answer. :-P Yes, that second carrousel picture... oh my word, I've been addicted to it for ages. Oh yes, now I remember! I did sent you that picture in that first scrawny letter with the messy handwriting. :-) Of course you may steal them. I stole them from Pinterest, anyway. :-)

    YES. MY FIRST COMMENTS. There were AWFUL. You're so kind to have taken me under your wing despite that. You have no prejudices, dear. :-)

    You've definitely seen that jumper (yes, alright, alright, a sweater) - I'm wearing it in the pictures I sent you today. :-) I'm wearing it right now, too, btw. It's loverly.

    I know! Me too! I've been imagining phoning you SO much!!! And still, I can't exactly imagine it, because... gah, I'm SO EXCITED. I'm glad we waited and kept it for our birthdays. It's going to be so WEIRD and AWESOME. GAH. I cannnnnot wait.

    You can't drive at sixteen in Belgium. No way. I'm not keen to do it either... I DO want to learn, of course, but I'm not mad about it, or anything. One can do it at eighteen. I'll see. You'll probably do it before me, anyway. :-) I think it has something to do with the cars. American cars don't have something British and Belgian cars have.
    (So have American people of course, but that besides the point. *giggle*)

    No, not four hundred, haha. I have twenty one. A lot, I know. It's crazy, but wonderful. :-)

    Haha! What if we DID meet this year?!?! Well, praps, if I suddenly get really rich or something. :-) You never know!

    Thanks for the comment, kindred!
    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh yay! You did this one!!

    England and Switzerland!! That sounds like so much fun!!!

    That's so cute about your siblings calling it "The White House"!!

    I really want to read Proper Pursuit! That's the one about the World's Fair right?

    You got snow!!!! Lucky!!!

    The Refiner's Fire series was good! I just finished the last book!

    I got the GONE WITH THE WIND movie for Christmas! I've watched part one already :D

    I'm so proud of you for finishing 3 books!!

    Yes, 2015 will be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, time to comment.
    *settles back with a cup of tea*
    Yes, I watched Emma 09 and LD 08 this year too!! They're so goood...
    That's one of my resolutions for myself this year - stop being so lazzzyy. NOW. :-p
    Squeeeep, new babies!! <3 I am waiting for new cousins from the aunt that got married, haha. (Are you supposed to say that? I can't help it, I looove babies! :-))
    Haha, you weren't close to the queen. But it is still sad when royalty die - even if you didn't know them.
    Ooh, you got to go to Switzerland- that's what I love about Europe. Everything is so (relatively) close together! You can travel from one capital city to another in less than a day. *pouts* Heehee.
    Oh, nail polish is so much fun! And I'd follow you, really I would, if I had a Google account. Maybe I can get one this year! *takes a note to ask mom*
    Haha, yes, Christmas is so WONDERFUL. Oh, I'm so glad you started Wonderland Creek - it's loverly! :-)
    Aww, the White House. We moved into our house ten or eleven years ago, and I would BAWL if we left. *shudders at the thought*
    Yes, I luurve winter. September was awesome too, because of the wedding, y'know. And April was nice because my sister and I traveled away from home with just our grandma. It was scary and exiting, haha.
    Oh, I so admire you writers that finish your stories!! I can never finish mine. EVER. (Well, sometimes. :-))
    Losing my temper, YES. For me, pride, laziness, selfishness.
    Ooh, lovely 'jumper'! ;-) The best thing I bought was... hmmm. Yarn, maybe? I mostly bought gifts. Oh, yesterday I bought a book from the 1950's on sucess as a teen-ager. It's really sweet - only two dollars twelve cents at the lovely little bookstore in town.
    Does behavior ever merit celebration? What does that even mean? Okay. John Watson's. If fictional characters do count.
    Ooh, yes, I HATE 'Blandoys', haha. He's really terrible. Ugh.
    Post and package, aww. For me, presents. And sewing stuff. Haha.
    Awww! *spreads blogger love* I was squealing out of my mind when someone actually commented on my first post.
    Ooh, you sang Stille Nacht!! I love familier Christmas songs in different languages.
    Annnnd I'm running out of time. I'll probably be back to finish commenting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Naomi!

    I love discovering awesome blogs!:) (I'm trying to start my own.) Yours is so cute!!!

    Ugh, yes, Blandois in LD. That awkward moment when Andy Serkis terrified me more as a human than as a deformed hobbit…:D

    I've only read "Candle in the Darkness" from Lynn Austin's Refiner's Fire series, and I love it...Should I read the others?:)

    Like I said, I'm happy I discovered your blog!!!!:D God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! BTW Naomi, we have the same birth-month. Weird, but cool, right? And your pictures are fabulous and make me want to write stories about them!
    -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun tag! Oh, and what you were going to say about Dan Stevens. Let me satisfy everyone by saying that he's...dreamy. :P And that's so cool about meeting a new far away friend, it seems as though we live parallel lives! I, too, have become best friends with a new pen pal this year, and I have been spending a lot on worthwhile but expensive postage. :P Hopefully we'll get to meet this year! I have been absolutely loving your blog and I can't wait to see what you write this year. :)
    God bless!

    Oh, and Emma and Little Dorrit are just THE BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ashley,
    Yes, I really enjoyed filling in this tag. I know, my siblings can be really, really cute, and they don't realise it at all.
    Yes, the Proper Pursuit is the one about the World's Fair. It's probably Lynn Austin's funniest book. I love it!
    Yes! We got snow for two days! Not ON Christmas, I'm afraid, but two days afterwards. It's all gone now, not counting the snow ford my brothers made. :-)
    Thanks, Ashley! I hope I'll be able to write another 3 this year!

    Miss Elliot,
    Oh! You watched Emma and LD this year too. AREN'T THEY LIFECHANGERS. Well ha, that sounded a teensy weensy little exaggerated, but only just a teensy weensy. :-D
    Nope, you're not supposed to say that (about the babies), but I always say it anyway. :-P
    I know, when royalty die it's so BIG... and everyone just stops in their tracks and looks back at how good that said royalty person was. Well, with Queen Fabiola's death that was the case. She was a very kind, godly woman.
    Yup, that's the nice thing about Europe. :-)
    Oh don't worry about not being able to follow me. What I actually kind of meant is 'more readers'... and you're a reader, so there haha.
    Thanks! I'm so glad I started Wonderland Creek to! I wouldn't have met so many lovely people if I hadn't... including you. :-)
    I love finding cute books for a cheap price. The book you bought sounds SO sweet.
    Behaviour meriting celebration basically means people who deserve celebration because they behaved in some good way. Fiction characters count dear. :-)
    Blandoys, haha. I love the way Mrs Panks (snorrrt) said that.

    Arwen Undomiel,
    Welcome and thank you for your compliment! Seesh yes, Blandois creeped me out like mad. He terrifies me SO. MUCH.
    Yes!!! You should read the other two books in the Refiner's Fire Series! The second is my favourite. It's SO good. God bless you to!

    abbyp,
    Oh! How cool. January people are always nice. ;-P
    I know, I love my randomly nice pictures.

    Hannah,
    Heehee, I was thinking about you when I wrote that about Dan Stevens. Dreamy. Yup.
    Yes, post and package is so worth it! Aw, I loved "meeting" you this year Hannah- well yes, who knows, we might meet in person. If you live in America, though, it's not that likely, seeing as I live in Belgium. But you never know- God does wonders!
    I love your compliments, and thank you for your encouragement and comments about my posts... thank you so much! I hope you enjoy my 2015 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fictional characters count! Always.

    Happy new year :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hamlette,
    Always. :-)
    Happy New Year to you too!

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops, haha! I had quite forgotten that you didn't live in the US. You see, I came so close to meeting the Boyer Family Singers once because they attended a WWII event only about an hour away from where I live. I wasn't able to make it though. But I knew that that could potentially happen. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.