Disastrously random post

A synopsis of this post? Randomly nice pictures, gushing about it, and a little bit about my life at the moment, but not that much because I'm too occupied with the randomly nice pictures. :-D
 
 
 I love gowns. Old ones. I'm reading Gone with the Wind at the moment and t'is sheer delight, reading Margaret Mitchells descriptions of her heroines beautiful frothy garbs (and everything else, of course, because Gone with the Wind is my favourite book at the moment). My favourite one in the picture about is the pink one, of course. My favourite colour is SO officially pink. Rosy, frothy - that's what I adore to read about and to look at in movies. :-) Oh, and I also love that pink gown because it looks so nice to rub between your fingers. You know what I mean? That kind of tulle-ish fabric texture?
 
 
Girls? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that bursts into unladylike giggles when I see Gilbert clapping after Anne's sentimental poetry readings. Pluash. At our house, Gilbert's clap and proud-face gets mimicked so much. We practically die laughing on the couch when we see that bit, every time.
I don't know... IT'S JUST HILARIOUS.
 
 
 
I love finding really old gifies. I found this one lately and it just really made me smile. Of course, I thought of my best friend immediately.
 
 
I saw this picture of Winona Ryder as Jo March first about three or two years ago. I was so jealous. My hair is bountiful indeed (hehee) and people tell me my hair is really thick, but my braids are nothing like that. My! Don't you love that thick, thick braid? (Yeah, I warned you this post was going to be disastrously random. That's what you get for following Wonderland Creek.)
 
Oh!!!!
 
Ladies and Gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen!!! On Wednesday, I'm going to watch Pride and Prejudice 1995 again. I just HAD to share my excitement. BADLY.
 
Anyway, what I wanted to say is: DANCES. Again, I know, for I have rambled about how I love the ball-scenes in other posts before. But hey, I can't resist to write about how much a love the ball scenes again. They are just so adorable and happy and elegant and impossibly charming. I want to go to one. Really, like, mopingly badly.
 
 
BOOKS. This year, my goal is to read one-hundred books, in the least. So far, I'm on schedule, despite my busy lovely life. I'm reading nine books in January, and I'm on my sixth, so not too bad, right? Here are the ones I've already read.
 
Just Jane (by Nancy Moser) I started off the year by plunging myself into this nice booky about the life of Jane Austen. I got this for Christmas - asked it after I read three or so good reviews on it. This is a book I owe to my bloggy friends. I really enjoyed it, but it didn't blow me away like some other books did.
Longbourn (by Jo Baker) As with Just Jane, this was a first read, and I really enjoyed it! It's a retelling of Pride and Prejudice, from the servant's point of view, and such a pleasant surprise. I loved Baker's writing style, and I'll definitely be rereading it in the future.
The Book Thief (by Markus Zusak) OH. MY. WORD. THIS BOOK BLEW ME AWAY. The descriptions were beautiful, the story was so lovely, the characters were adorable (mostly), and the ending... oh, that horrible, horrible ending. I was crying and crying so much. I was moaning the whole night through, trying to hate the book. But I couldn't hate it, despite the ending - it's just TOO GOOD. Thank you mum and dad for giving me this for Christmas.
Dear Mr Knightley (by forgot-her-name) This was pleasant, really nice. I loved the way Sam was a Period Drama and Classics-geek like me. And it was similar to Daddy-Long-Legs, which is veddy good indeed.
The Blue Castle (by Lucy Maud Montgomery) Ah, now we come to the re-reads. I read the Blue Castle again, for the 100th time (approximately) and ENJOYED IT SO MUCH. It's just my own darling gorgeous funny witty book and I'll always love it. :-)
 
Now I'm reading the utterly rosy, amazing, darling, epic Gone with the Wind, and also Persuasion (with Heidi's read-along.)
So yes. In short - I'm reading till so late I don't dare to look at the time, and I'm just loving books and words with all my heart. LOVE YOU, BOOKS.
 
 
A beautifully girlish cupcake in an old-fashioned tea-cup. How can something get better? :-)
 
 
I just love this. I love my room to bits, but I must say - this room is darling. The bed and the trunk and the wallpaper... yeah. Besotted. But still, I wouldn't trade anything for my own room I share with my cutest-button-of-a-sister. My girlish abode and I are thick and inseparable. :-P
 
 
That's all for now folks! Do share some random stuff you enjoy. I always encourage nonsensically random things, you know. :-)

15 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I have long been jealous of the March sisters' hair, especially Jo's...sigh! I was also thinking that it was high time that I watch P+P '95 again too. I'll probably start today, since it's the weekend. Are you really going to watch all six hours of it in one day? That sounds perfectly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, Oh dear no, I never watch 6 hours after each other in one day - I'm the kind of person that just can't (my eyes would go CRAZY)- I'd like to do it one day, though, but not for now (also, I wouldn't have time for that, haha.) What I meant is that I'll be starting it on Wednesday. Oh! Enjoy P&P!!! I know you will. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These posts of yours make me feel all warm and happy, too, Naomi. :) I love all the fresh loveliness of the photos you use and the words you use to describe them! Do keep it up! I have only read a little bit of GONE WITH THE WIND (see I wrote it in caps. :)) and the authoress's descriptions are so richly perfect that I can't wait to read more! Oh, and have tons of fun watching "P&P"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eowyn, oh goodness! Thank you so much for your kind words! Oh my stars, GONE WITH THE WIND (haha, yes, caps are important here) is SO good. The story is a little unusual, and I'm like, 'Why do I love this so much?' Yes! I WILL have tons of fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Random lists!! Yay!!
    I'm attemting to read Gone with the Wind, but I have school books and other stuff to do :( So it's slow :(
    I don't think I've ever seen that scene, but it made me laugh :D
    I'm watching P&P 95 for the first time now! I now see why you really like English country dances :)
    Way to go on your book goal!
    Have you seen the Book Thief movie? It's wonderful!
    Persuasion is awesome isn't it!
    I love that niche with the dresser!
    Nice ending GIF!
    You should be getting an email from me early next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that picture of Winona Ryder too!!!

    And The Book Thief. Always and forever. *sigh*

    I like the gifs!;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fuzzy warm happy feels Naomi dear! :D Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this post! Please do more like it, Naomi! And okay. You have officially made me decide to read the Book Thief. I've heard so much about it and I picked it up at the library, I've glance over it some and wasn't really intrigued or impressed but since then I've seen it mentioned on two blogs I really enjoy (including yours!) and now I must read it and see what this is all about. :)
    And the first picture collage of the dresses is GORGEOUS! I just love dresses like that.... And that bedroom is completely adorable. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashley,
    Oh yes, GWTW is sooo thick. I'm almost finished though, and I started five days ago (I read exceptionally fast, everyone says so.) What! You've never seen P&P95 before?!!! Well, PLEASE review it! I'd LOVE to hear your opinions on my all-time-favourite movie.
    No, I haven't seen the Book Thief's movie. On one hand I want to (badly), but on the other hand I'm afraid it'll be TOO sad and gruesome as the book made my cry already. Is it really gruesomely sad? Oh yay! I'll be looking forward to your email. :-)

    Arwen,
    I know. I will ALWAYS love the Book Thief. I could read it RIGHT now. :-)

    Evie,
    Thank you dear!

    Natalie,
    Wow, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed this post. Yessss! I'm glad I gave you the last push. I'm sooo sure you'll love it. The only thing I can think of that I didn't like is the fact of the swear words, but for the rest... PRICELESS. (Oh, and the ending. Haha.)
    I'm glad you liked the pictures. I do too. :-)

    Thank you for the lovely comments!

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these random posts!
    I got the book Longborn from my parents for Christmas but I still haven't got round to reading it yet! I had never heard of it before but I'm glad you've given your approval because I wasn't sure what it was going to be like.
    Love Naomi xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Naomi,
    Yes, Loungbourn is very good. It isn't the best book ever, I must say, but I really liked it. Thank you for the comment, namesake! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, lovely post. I happen to love random posts. :-) And good gracious, all the lovely pictures - especially the little green room. And we kill ourselves laughing at Gilbert too - he's just adorable. My youngest sister is always like, "That's Gilbert, he's so handsome. I can't stand it." And I love those dresses!!
    I've been meaning to do a 'books I've been enjoying' post. Perhaps I should try Dear Mr. Knighley; they have it at our church library.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew I had forgotten something Naomi! So. many. People. To. Email. XD. How's life? This email will have pics xD I have to tell you about uni!
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha! Random posts are, I think, my forte! I think I shall be very sure to post something very random whenever I open a new post! (Just finished watching 2009 Emma tonight! <3)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miss Elliot,
    Oh yay, we aren't the only ones. Yes, Gilbert IS handsome. Haha, that's so sweet that your youngest sister says that. :-) "I can't stand it," HAHA.
    Oh yes, you should try 'Dear Mr Knightley.' It's really an adorable kind of book.

    Evie,
    Haha, don't worry. So many people to email indeed! But I'd love to hear about uni, and update you about life here. :-) See ya!

    Emily,
    I know. Me too. Because yeah, random posts are just really fun. People like reading it, too. :-)
    Oh you saw Emma! Was it the first time? It's SO GLORIOUSLY LOVELY. I loveeee that version so much.

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.