Monday, 23 March 2015

My new sibling is BORN (and I lost the bet, but I don't care.)

Monday, the twenty-third of March. 
We all woke up rather excited, because this was the date of inducement of my new sibling. The tenth child in our plain-awesome-so-proud-to-be-part-of-family. We'd been waiting so long. Baby didn't come - was happy to stay in the warm quiet spot, I guess. Today it did. The last violent bets about the gender (I was saying it IS going to be a boy, it just IS (I just had that positively certain feeling, no real reason)) and squeals of 'todaaaayyy!' went on before my parents left to the hospital, and (of course!) I was the loudest squealer.

At 11.00 I wrote:
We got a text-message from Dad. It's born, he wrote. Nothing else. As I write, I have just read the text message, and my burning curiousness about the gender and the name has over doubled. I WANT TO KNOW. (Of course, I know it IS a boy. :-P) I can't wait for Dad to come hoooome. *checks clock* he should be there in 50 minutes. 50. Why is the hospital so dashed FAR. MAN I WANT TO KNOW IF I'VE WON THE BET. I hope I have, because it's going to be so embarrassing if it's a girl. :-P (Although I'd be over-the-moon as well, of course.)
IT'S BORN. (Gah I'm sick of saying 'it')
Ahhh I'm freaking out with curiousness. (Oh, I can hear a car... is that dad!??? Nope.)

.......... WAITING........

At 12.00 I wrote:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Dad came home. HE TOLD US. My curiousness is no longer there - after niiiiine (well, seven, because mum told us two months later) months of burning not-even-funny curiousness bouncing all inside me, sometimes making me crazy, the surprise is OUT. I need no longer be curious. :-)
It's a...
GIRL!
Wut. Yes. It's a girl. Her name is Susanna. Doesn't it just sound adorable?!
WE NOW HAVE FIVE BOYS AND FIVE GIRLS IT'S JUST STINKIN' PERFECT.
Susanna, I love you already! I can't wait to meet you sooooon.

My dad will pick my Mum and Susanna (squeeeee) from the hospital this evening. In the meanwhile, I can squeal and email people about the happy news. I can imagine her fresh, new, new body - so clean and entirely scar-less, her fingers with the rosy shell-like, tiny, tiny fingernails, her head softer as peach-skin, her brain so empty and new and rosy and fluttery - a little girl with such a huge journey before her. I love my newest sister so much. We'll have MORE pink in the house now. YAYAYAYAYAY.

And who knows? In fifteen years or so, Susanna will be blogging right beside me. :-P I can't WAIT.
Wait... that makes me Jane Bennet. I'm the oldest of five sisters now. :-)

SQUEEEE.

A girl.

Wow.

But how could I ever have thought that it was a boy? It seems so NATURAL now. (Yes, my siblings are teasing me like mad about me losing the bet. But I don't care. Because deep down I ALWAYS knew it was a girl. (Haha, justkidding.)

And here are some randomly girlish pictures in the honour of Susanna. FOR SUSANNA, everyone. A new human has been born today.


I'm totally going to sing this song when she cries. :-) (And ignore the 'wesleyan women' bit, please. And the H at the back of the name.)

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How exciting! Five boys and five girls is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Naomi! It has been a while, but I remember the feeling of excitement when a new sibling was born. I am one of ten and my youngest sibling is a girl too. We are not quite as evenly distributed as you because there are six boys and four girls. . . I am a bit envious of you. I miss babies! My littlest sister is almost five now.
    Make sure to give Susanna lots of hugs and kisses and try to share her a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a happy happy occasion! Many congratulations, little Susanna will be much loved. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. SQUUUUUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
    I'm SO excited for you and your family, Naomi, dear!!!!!!
    Please tell Susanna I said "hello!". That name is SO sweet and adorable and girlish and I'm just literally SO SO SO excited right now!!!!
    All your "for Susanna" pictures are sooo lovely.....your little sister will LOVE seeing this post one day.
    And yes!! She'll have to blog with you too!!!!
    All right, I'll end this now.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, yayyyy! New babies are so precious....I'll never forget the day my baby (not so baby now - she's five) sister came into the world...we hadn't had a little girl in eight years (gotta love those boys, though!), and we were SO excited!

    Congratulations and richest blessings to you all!

    p.s. we named my baby sis Susannah too :) Just with an "h" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! :D :D :D How wonderful! We actually have a little Susannah at church (though she's a toddler now ;)), it's such a fun name! You have a WONDERFUL rest of the day (and tomorrow and the next and the next :)), all taking turns snuggling that new delicious little bundle! ;) ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

    Oh my goodness, that is SO EXCITING!!!!:D

    Hugs to you and Susanna;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOHOOO!!! I'm SO excited for you dear friend!! I was actually praying for your family last night! Isn't God marvellous? :D email me yes please please do!!! I long to hear from you! I have so much to tell you
    Evie
    Ps i have a new email so I will comment with that please don't oublish it :)
    Oh and congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayyyy!! I'm so excited for you!! Susanna is a lovely name! I love how it rolls off the tongue! Did your siblings win something for guessing correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww so exciting!!! I just love new babies! Gorgeous name too:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. No way! How funny- one of my sisters is called Susanna, spelt the same way!(We sing oh Susanna to her a lot, surprisingly there are a lot of songs written about Susanna or Susie)
    Congratulations to you and your family:) Welcome to the world, baby Susanna!
    Naomi xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting! And her name is just so so sweet. Susanna! I love it!
    I'm so excited for you Naomi! The births of siblings is so joyful. I was such a small girl when my youngest sibling was born 11 years ago. But I still remember those feelings of awe over such a tiny new life.
    I wish you and your family all the best and God Bless.

    ~Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, yay! Congratulations, Naomi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY, how exciting!!!! Suspense, I know...that's what I felt when I was waiting a year ago to hear if I had a brother or sister. (Turned out to be a brother...an adorable little guy, if I do say so myself...) Anyways, just wanted to say, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so excited for you! TEN kids in your family! How wonderfully exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY WORRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD YAYYYY A NEW SIBLING AND BABY TOES AND CHUBBY CHEEKS AND LOVELY STUFF!!!!
    And sorry I'm so late - ugh, we've been sick and I've been so busy and all.
    oh, Susanna is a lovely name - I'd love to know the Dutch eqivalent. And I love this post, by the way. :-)
    We just recieved news of a new cousin - not quite as exciting. But still, exciting. :-)
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH LOVELY CONGRATULATORS!!!!

    Susanna is a beautiful girl; strawberry-like, fairly-like, so-beautiful-it-brings-tears-to-my-eyes-like. Praise the Lord for making this beautiful girl!

    Thank you for all your kind wishes and caps. :-) Lord willing, Susanna will read these one day. :-)

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations a week late!

    I mean... happy 1-week birthday to Susanna! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.