Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Epic Randomness

~*~ 
My five-year-old sister invented a new letter. It's called 'Chocolate-M.' It's exactly the same as the M, but then with three peaks instead of two. AWW.
~*~ 
I've been eating whipped cream again. But this time with ice-cream and caramel sauce. On Sundays we always have lovely snacks like that.
~*~ 
I'm having difficulty writing un-stereotypical mothers. I want my mothers in my stories to be mothers but not the kind of knitting-wise-words-always-worried-kind-of-mother, if you get my reference. But not a flighty oh-I-don't-care mother either. I find it hard to write  an un-stereotypical mother figure. It's much harder than the fathers.
                 ~*~ 
I've finally, after years of pondering, decided on my favourite flowers. Wisteria's. We have a bush at the pond in our garden and it's just ridiculous how gorgeous it is. I want to LIVE in these flowers.
                ~*~ 
I redid my whole bedroom and it's just so beautiful. I know, I know, I'm biased. My desk-corner is so artsy, I just can't get over it. It took a whole Saturday afternoon to get it done, but I'm so glad I did.
               ~*~ 
A conversation between me and my five-year-old sister was as follows:
// Tabitha: Naomi, why do you work when you don't like it? // Me: Because I have an exam tomorrow. // Tabitha: Exams are boring, so you don't have to do them. //
I think a truer word was never spoken. Three cheers for my amazing five-year-old sister.
                ~*~ 
Although I must say real books will never truly be able to be replaced, I DO love my little Kindle. Especially all the Freebies. :-D
                 ~*~ 
There's nothing like a steamy so-hot-that-you-go-weak-all-over bath after a long day.
                       ~*~ 
I just LOVE my siblings. Expecially the toddler-age-ones are just so filled with hilarious one-liners. Yesterday my three-year-old brother, looked in the mirror the other day, with the cutest smile on his face. He said, 'Naomi! Look! SO cute!'
Well, I guess he knows it.
                       ~*~ 
Also Tabitha again. We were playing a game, a game in which one squeals and shouts and laughs a lot. And suddenly right in the middle of it, she said, 'Naomi, did you know I have a new maths book with numbers going to 100?'
It was so freaking funny. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE. I seriously flopped on the ground in laughter.
              ~*~ 
Having the best Grandma in the world, ever, is just really nice. I love old people - I can't wait to be one. :-P
              ~*~ 
Maybe you'd noticed - I, em, feel like a cupcake.
             ~*~ 
I'm so happy I've been gifted with the reading-fast-talent. I've discovered a lovely book called 'Castles in the air.' It's SO sweet and it makes you more hungry than you've been since you read Laura Ingalls Wilder's 'Farmer Boy.' Very sweet. :-) I read that delightful book in one hour. :-) It has twenty-six chapters, and no, I didn't rush it.

I have to go to bed now. I'm going to dream about all sorts of things.

7 comments:

  1. Posts like this make me wonder if you've eaten a lot of sugar lately.

    Mostly because it's the sort of thing I write when I'm a bit hyper myself :-)

    I love wisteria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chocolate frosting gif. WHERE DID YOU FIND THE FROSTING GIF?!?!

    This was a fun post:) (But what am I saying, all your posts are fun!)

    Wisteria is gorgeous. Aren't dreamy purple flowers the BEST?! Wisteria, lilac, lavender...siiiiigh.

    Tabitha sounds very funny :D

    I do enjoy redoing my bedroom. I'm in the process right now;)

    Steamy hot baths...Bertie would be proud of you, old chump!

    Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hamlette, ummm, no? Not that I know of? :-P?
    I do FEEL like sugar, after writing this post, though. Haha.
    Wisteria's are just amazing. :-D

    Olivia, ISN'T IT GORGEOUS. I found it on someone's tumblr, but now I forgot who it was. Oh dear. :-)
    I know, right? Purple and violet flowers are often the most gorgeous ones. Just look at my blog's background! :-)
    Bertie would? Why? :-/
    Thank you for your delightful comment, Olivia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cupcake gifs! And I love hearing the funny things your siblings say:) It makes me sad that my youngest sisters are 14, hardly children any more. And it makes me sad that when they were at the age of funny sayings, I was too young to remember it! :'( Although it is nice to be quite close in age to my sisters. Anyway, rambling over, I really enjoyed this post! You're very lucky to be able to read fast, I love to read but I read ridiculously slowly so it takes me ages to finish a book, which is frustrating when I just want to know what happens next and how the book ends. How did your biology exam go by the way? I want to live by Tabitha's law of not doing exams if they're boring! Tabitha is such a beautiful name.
    I don't know why this comment was so long...
    Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naomi,
    Thank you for your lovely comment! Yes, my Biology exam went much better than I ever thought it would, praise the Lord! What about yours? I hope it went fine. :-)
    I showed Tabitha your comment and she catched that you wrote that she had a beautiful name. She really loved the compliment and kept on mumbling 'Tabitha is a beautiful name' all throughout the day! :-) So thank you for that. :-)

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  6. My biology exam was fine too, I'm just glad it's over and I don't have to do it next year!
    I feel so special that Tabitha enjoyed my comment:) It's funny to think that a little girl so far away actually read and thought about my comment!
    Thank you for a lovely reply.
    Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I so want to jump over there and...er...kidnap your little sister. I mean, how can so much clever humor be packed into one little girl! Tabitha is a doll. :) Especially with her "Chocolate M." And live IN the flowers? How delightful! And a bit odd, but delightful none the less. :P :)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.