My long summer to-do list


I am a list person. I write lists every day; I love the feeling of checking them off and of writing things on clear bullet points. I am a fan of lists. :-) I'm also a fan of having projects and doing reproductive things, so naturally - with the summer holidays looming and my exams finally allllmost done (not quite yet!) - I have a long summer to-do list. Here it is.


# Go to the Seaside and find a lot of Story Inspiration. Also make shell/pebble bracelets and necklaces.
# Reread my favourite three fiction novels very slowly. I've read Rebecca, Gone with the Wind and Jane Eyre at least once (the latter two dozens of times) - but I've always read them kind of my way. You know, like, in a week in the most. This summer I'd like to savour every word of these three amazing books.
# Catch up on all my kindle free Christian Fiction. I have 40 Christian Fiction novels on my kindle - they were all freebies - but I really have to read them all instead of "buying" them the whole time.
# Buy four new books. (Actually, I did this one already - I'm waiting for them to arrive. I bought 'Violins of Autumn', 'Celia Garth', 'Dawns Early Light' and my very own copy of 'Rebecca.')


# Dry or press flowers and create something artsy with them. I am very much into wall art - the wall in front of my desk with filled with all kinds of things - and I'd like to do something wall-art-y with flowers.
# Go clothes shopping and buy a statement necklace and a collared shirt. In other words, spend some money on things I want, but don't need.
# Phone my darling best friend again! (Emma, I can kind of see you nodding your head or something. I might be wrong. :-P)
# Have a barbeque in the garden with my family. Actually, this - we'll be doing this this very evening! I love barbeques. :-)


# Start a sketch/doodle book for the whole summer holidays and devote entire pages to quotes, Kate Middleton outfits, and word art. Also maybe some space for lists. :-)
# Sketch out all the random outfits of people from the streets or people we meet I like. I just love the idea of filling a book with outfits I spotted on people.
# Write tons. Hopefully, just hopefully, with the help of God, I might be able to finish 'At the Wrong Side of the Ocean' this summer. I'm afraid I do doubt it, as the story is become more and more complicated by the second and because I keep on adding new darlings and little subplots. Silly me.
# Send some lonely people letters sealed with wax.


# Read through the entire Bible. Do you think I could? I really want to try it.
# Paint a lot. And something else than decorating note-book covers, cardboard boxes and wall art. I mean, that's nice, of COURSE, but I want to do something really big. I don't know quite what yet, though. Any suggestions?
# Finish the Hornblower movies. I'm enjoying them, but there are a lot of them, and I kind of feel like a different genre now! Yesterday's episode we watched was a really nice one, with the Cranford actors popping up on the surface once again. And my beloved Julia Sawalha! Julia Sawalha is definitely my favourite actress. I just love her.
# Watch some of the old movies I mentioned in my previous post. :-P And review them promptly on my blog.


# Discover some really old precious books in my Grandparents house. My Grandparents in England have a house filled to the brim with books of all kinds. They have the entire old leather-faced Dickens set and Jane Austen set and my Grandma keeps on buying new books. So there's gotta to be a really old, precious book I haven't found yet somewhere... right?
# Edit some of my children's books I wrote last year and have them self published. I keep on procrastinating on editing. I really should get it DONE.
# Write 2000 words every day. I should be able to do this, really I should.
# Eat banoffee pie again. It's my favourite treat ever. Delumptious.


Wow, this list is actually quite long, and the worst thing is, I feel like I could go on and on! Lets see if I'll actually do them ALL, shall we?

Do you have any plans for the summer? 
Any of the same ones as I?

16 comments:

  1. Lovely list, Naomi! I not much of a list person myself, unless I'm pressed for time and than I'm really a list person; this one is so nice and pretty though.
    Ooo, Violins of Autumn...that sounds so nice! What's it about?
    That's a really great idea about sketching outfits; lots of times I'll see one, then promptly forget it.
    Good luck to you with your novel and self-publishing! That must be very exciting process; what are the children's books about?
    I hope you have a fantastic summer (I think you will with this list). Beautiful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, dear friend! I just sighed and smiled and swooned all the way through it. :-)

    I love lists too. I make a lot of them, though not every single day. I make lists of books to look for at the library, favorite actors, things I want to do over the week...random things. Lists give you a sense of fulfillment, even before you do the thing-- then more so after you've accomplished it. ;-)

    These are all wonderful things. I hope you get to do all (or most) of them this summer! Hmm, maybe I should make a list of things to do this summer. You've given me an idea. ;-) (Huh, THAT'S never happened before, has it?)

    Yes! I was thinking of that recently. We MUST phone again! I long to hear your voice.

    Oh my goodness! You bought Celia Garth and Dawn's Early Light! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! (Calm down, Emma, they're just books.) ;-P Seriously, though, they're amazing. Especially Dawn's Early Light.

    Beautiful, Naomi! :-)

    ~Emmsies

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect! xD I need to reply to your email and tell you all about ARNO it was AMAZING! have you seen it yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many things I could say about this post, but I'll just pick two:

    ~I LOVE IT.
    ~Speaking of reviewing old movies, could you puh-leeeease review State Fair when you get the chance? :)

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great list! Most of these goals could become great blog posts as you achieve them! ;)
    I really want to read Celia Garth too, but it isn't in my library system. I hope you enjoy it! And Dawn's Early Light IS a magnificent book! :)
    Reading through the whole Bible in one summer sounds like a big challenge, but a great challenge to complete! I'm going to try to finish the New Testament at least! As for painting suggestions: if your house is pretty, you could paint that, or maybe a park, garden, or seaside scene.
    This was actually a really inspiring list for me! Now I'm going to have to make one myself! Have fun completing yours! -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, Thank you so much! :-) 'Violins of Autumn' is a WW2 book - but that's all I know, really. A good friend of mine recommended it to me, so I know it has to be good. :-)
    Yes, it's exciting to self-publish my books. I have done it before, though, so now it's less exciting than it used to be. Also because it's not *really* publishing, you know. The childrens books are mostly about young children who go on silly crazy adventures together - I like adding a lot of caps and silly characters. I also wrote a modern re-telling of 'Anne of Green Gables'.
    Thank you so much! I hope you have a good summer as well. :-)

    Naomi, IT IS THE BEST. :-D

    Emma, THANK YOU DEAREST. Your comment made my day, as usual. :-) I must have re-read it about five times. :-D
    Well, I don't write lists EVERY single day - but PRACTICALLY every single day. It's the same, that, heehee.
    HAHA, no, that's never happened before. Please, though, write your own list in a post - I'd absolutely lurve to read it, and I think other people would too.
    Maybe we can phone next Saturday? We'll discuss it further via email.
    I'M SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THE BOOKS. But I have to wait till July, though. I'm going to keep them for our trip to Switzerland - as I don't want to be bored there. But I can wait. :-) (Just kidding, I can't, of course I can't.)

    Evie, Thanks! Of course, for you it's not summer. :-) Arno? OH! A Royal Night Out! No, I haven't seen it yet.

    Eva, AWWWW m'dear, thank you.
    Well, you're in a good surprise. Check out this blog on Wednesday. :-) There just MIIIIIGHT be a review of a certain musical you and I have been talking about a lot lately. :-)

    Abby, Thank you for your lovely comment! I'm so glad I inspired you to make one yourself. That really made me happy. :-)
    I know, I do think reading through the entire Bible is a challenge, but I'm going to try it.
    Thank you for your painting suggestions! Our house isn't that beautiful, but it has a particular shape I'd love to capture - so I might paint that. Thanks for the idea!

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love your ideas! I personally am trying to read a little more. I don't read as much as I should, which is strange considering how much I enjoy books, but it always takes me a few chapters to get into them. Right now, I'm reading a sweet romance by Grace Livingston Hill. Any suggestions for classics that would be impossible to be bored by?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hannah, Ohh! I LOVE Grace Livingstone Hill! I've only read several of her short stories - I really want to read more. :-) She's written TONS - it's hard to know which are the most-worth-it ones!
    Classics! Oh MY. Gone with the Wind, Rebecca and Jane Eyre are my personal three favourites - I obviously highly recommend those. :-)
    Also, 'Daddy-Long-Legs' is SUPER CHARMING and it's not as long and it's more of an easy read. I think you'd like it. Daddy-Long-Legs is impossible to get bored by. :-D
    Thank you very much!

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I'm veddy excited. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You are going to be very busy this summer.
    I have to read Gone with the Wind and Rebecca! I love watching Gone with the Wind, and I am very curious about Rebecca. I guess I really have to read them. :)
    I also like to draw what people wear. It's really fun to draw the outfit, and then write out a personality for the outfit or try to figure out who would where that outfit.
    I think I'll add the Hornblower movies to my summer to do list. :)
    Your grandparents house sounds like it belongs in a dream. It must be amazing to look through the books!
    My summer list is similar to yours, but I'm not sure how much I'll actually accomplish because we will also be moving to a different house, and moving can be very tedious and long.
    Good luck with your writing! I hope you finish At the Wrong side of the Ocean this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I do love lists!! And drawing big check marks and black lines across them has to be one of the most rewarding experiences E-V-E-R! ;D

    And yes, I know exactly what you mean about getting into the story and things getting more complicated. ;P

    Also (and to add something to your list ;)), I've just tagged you with the 10 Favorite Film Characters Tag here: http://ladyofanorien.blogspot.com/2015/05/100th-post-and-10-favorite-film.html. Have fun and I can't wait to see your answers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE THIS! I may have to "borrow" this idea. Lists and I are best of friends, and I do have a bunch of stuff I want to accomplish this summer (specifically, next month), so this is an awesome idea.

    Blessings on accomplishing a satisfying number of your to-dos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Naomi, this list is sooo beautiful and so are the pictures you added!!
    I'm quite a list person myself, so I enjoyed seeing yours. I'd love to do a summer list post like yours (you give me so many great blog post ideas to steal-ahem, I mean borrow-but I rarely find time to do the blog posts ideas I come up with! :().
    I hope you are able to fulfill all your summer plans! You should perhaps do a follow up post at the end of summer with everything checked off that you accomplished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ekaterina,
    Yes, you HAVE to read them. Your life isn't complete otherwise. HEEHEE.
    That is SO true! So much of the persons personality depends on the outfit; I also like giving random people names depending on their outfit. Yeah, I'm weird. :-)
    I love my Grandparent's house - although it's suuuper packed and rather cramped sometimes - I have looked through almost all of the books, so I wonder if I'll find something new this year. :-)
    Oh, best of luck with moving! That's so exciting. We moved house two summers ago, and I'm so glad we did. I hope your new house will be a good thing. :-)

    Heidi,
    I know, right? To draw big check marks - wow, gives me the best feeling ever! And then to look at your completely (hopefully) checcked off paper in the evening... *sigh*
    I'm glad I'm not the only one then, who makes the story more and more complicated in the writing process - fortunately I'm finding my way now, finally. :-)

    Hamlette,
    I'm so glad you borrowed this idea. :-) Thank you so much!

    Natalie,
    You're such a darling! Of course you may 'steal' this blog post idea. I think I might have stolen it from someone else who did it several years ago. Hmmm. :-) I do hope you do it - I'd love to read your to-do list. :-)
    Ho did you know I was planning to do exactly that?!!! About doing a follow up post? Well, I am planning to do so - so stay tuned. :-)

    Thanks for the lovely comments!

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Naomi,
    Yay! I'm looking forward to your follow up post!
    And thanks. :) heehee I am hoping to steal it sometime...I started putting together a list but unfortunately mine is quite a bit more boring than yours! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.