Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Period Drama Multiple Choice Game


I've discovered I like creating the Multiple Choice games the most of all my games, and I've also discovered that they are really fun to play. I have done a Period Drama quiz like this one before, but why no do another? It's got to be fun, and I hope you all enjoy it. There is always only one possible answer. Please decide on one in the comment box. No, 'oh maybe a, or wait, maybe b, oh hey, it might be d's please. And, oh, 10 marks for each correct answer!

*Naomi pops in a screencap of 'Belle' just because.*
#1. Which of these men did not propose (as in, an accepted proposal) outside?
a) Roger Hamely (Wives and Daughters)
b) Matthew Crawley (Downton Abbey)
c) Mr Darcy (Pride and Prejudice, either version)
d) Edward Ferras (Sense and Sensibility, either version)

#2. In Cranford, what does the old doctor advise Dr Harrison?
a) To ignore all gossip
b) To accept all pancakes
c) To wear black rather than red
d) To ride a horse (hint: preferably a white one)

#3. Which of these ladies refused a wedding proposal?
a) Scarlett O'Hara (Gone with the Wind)
b) Anne Shirley (Anne - the Sequel)
c) Marianne Dashwood (Sense and Sensibility, either version)
d) Estella Havisham (Great Expectations)

*Naomi pops in a steamy-train-station-picture to make the post a bit more Period Drama-ish*
#4.  Barbara Flynn is an actress featured in a lot of Period Drama's. Which Period Drama did she NOT act in? (If you do not know who the actress is, here's a picture.)
a) Young Queen Victoria
b) Horiatio Hornblower
c) Miss Potter
d) The Christmas Candle

#5. In the 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice, Mrs Bennet's first names gets mentioned once. What is it?
a) Jane
b) Jemimah-June-Hamperditch (not even kidding)
c) Fanny
d) Louisa

#6. What movie/series does this screencap come from?
a) Uncle Tom's Cabin
b) Berkerly Square
c) The Paradise
d) Saving Mr Banks

#7. Which of the following characters did not cut their hair?
a) Mary Crawley (Downton Abbey)
b) Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables)
c) Catherine Moorland (Northanger Abbey)
d) Jo March (Little Women)

#8. In Anne of Green Gables, what convinces Marilla Cuthbert to give Anne her permission to go to the Concert?
a) Anne begs and she gives in.
b) Her brother, Matthew, insists.
c) Rachel Lynde, her stubborn and wise neighbour, insists.
d) Oh, Marilla never gave in. Anne sneaked out of the house and just went, without permission.


#9. Which of the following Period Drama's has the most deaths?
a) North and South
b) Wives and Daughters
c) Cranford
d) The Mill on the Floss

#10. Which Period Drama features a treehouse?
a) Emma
b) The Inheritance
c) Little Women
d) Sense and Sensibility


I HOPE YOU HAD FUN!
Answers coming next week!

18 comments:

  1. 1. D
    2. C
    3. B
    4. A
    5. C
    6. D
    7. C
    8. B
    9. D
    10. D

    Thanks for making the game! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon, Naomi!

    I have tagged you at my blog, here: http://bloggingcryslyn.blogspot.com/2015/06/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html
    ,for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award.

    I hope you are having a lovely day!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what fun!

    #1: d

    #2: c

    #3: b

    #4: a

    #5: c

    #6: d

    #7: c

    #8: b

    #9: a

    #10: d

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. D
    2. C
    3. B
    4. A
    5. B (I have no idea)
    6. D
    7. C
    8. B
    9. D
    10. D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what fun!

    #1: d

    #2: c

    #3: b

    #4: a

    #5: c

    #6: d

    #7: c

    #8: b

    #9: a

    #10: d

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what fun!

    #1: d

    #2: c

    #3: b

    #4: a

    #5: c

    #6: d

    #7: c

    #8: b

    #9: a

    #10: d

    ReplyDelete
  7. #1. d) Edward Ferras
    #2. a) to ignore all gossip
    #3. b) Anne Shirley (Anne-The Sequel)
    #4. d) The Christmas Candle
    #5. c) Fanny
    #6. d) Saving Mr. Banks
    #7. c) Catherine Moorland
    #8. b) her brother, Matthew, insists
    #9. a) North and South?
    #10. d) Sense and Sensibility

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1 d.
    2 c. Haha,"Buy a black coat."
    3 d. Poor Pip!
    4 a.
    7 c.
    8 b?
    9 Maybe a? But I'm unfamiliar with d.
    10 d!

    Oh my goodness, I love that picture! That is going to be a gorgeous movie.
    Thanks for the game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. d
    2. c
    3. b
    4. a
    5. c
    6.c
    7. c
    8. b
    9. a
    10. d

    Thanks for the fun games Naomi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm only going to answer the ones I actually know or might know, because I haven't read/watched that many period dramas. ;P

    #3 - b

    #6 - d?

    #8 - b

    #9 - a

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. D
    2. D
    3. B
    4. A
    5. C
    6. D
    7. C (total guess here)
    8. B
    9. C
    10. D

    My sisters and I love doing these games together! :D Thanks for the enjoyment! :D

    -Julia, Brianna, and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. #1 (D)
    #2 (C)
    #3 (B)
    #4 (A)
    #5 (D)
    #6 (D)
    #7 (C)
    #8 (B)
    #9 (A)
    #10 (D)

    This is the first quiz where I had an answer for every question! And the first one that I feel pretty good about it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. *Emma visually gobbles up the picture from Belle*

    Okey-dokey! Another game! I really do love these multiple-choice ones. Let's see how I do:

    #1 D
    #2 C
    #3 B
    #4 A
    #5 Huh, I don't know! Let's go with D.
    #6 B
    #7 C
    #8 B
    #9 C
    #10 D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this looks like the most challenging one (for me) you've made yet, but that's not a bad thing! I'm excited to do it. :-)
    #1. It's d. No, I'm not sure, (I haven't seen Downtown Abbey and it's been ages since I saw S&S) but you said not to be, "Oh, it could be that, or it MIGHT be that" and I understand how frustrating that would be, so I'll try to be precise. I'm just not sure. :-P
    #2. Haven't seen Cranford either, but I'll guess anyway, just for fun. I'm going to say a.
    #3. It's b. Poor Anne.
    #4. Ouch. I've only seen two of these movies. I'll use Phillipa Gordon's method - close my eyes and point...The Christmas Candle. :-P
    #5. What?! I don't remember this. I've seen it quite a few times. I must be unobservant. :-P Let's go with Fanny.
    #6. Oooohhh..... I reckon it's d. I vaguely recollect the scene...
    #7.Oh dear. I only know two of these, too. Let's say c.
    #8. b. *sniff* Dear old Matthew.
    #9. No, no, no!! Ah, that's too hard. I remember North South being rather filled with deaths, so I'll go with a.
    #10. That sounds like Margaret Dashwood so I'll go with d. :-)
    I'm interested to see the answers to this one. :-D
    ~Miss Meg March

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. D
    2. C
    3. B
    4. Umm... B?
    5. I have NO idea!
    6. D?
    7. C
    8. B
    9. Umm C? I haven't seen The Mill on the Floss, so I'm not entirely sure.
    This was a lot of fun! Thanks for yet an other great game. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was such a fun quiz! :)

    #1. Which of these men did not propose (as in, an accepted proposal) outside?
    d) Edward Ferras (Sense and Sensibility, either version)

    #2. In Cranford, what does the old doctor advise Dr Harrison?
    c) To wear black rather than red

    #3. Which of these ladies refused a wedding proposal?
    b) Anne Shirley (Anne - the Sequel)

    #4. Barbara Flynn is an actress featured in a lot of Period Drama's. Which Period Drama did she NOT act in? (If you do not know who the actress is, here's a picture.)
    a) Young Queen Victoria

    #5. In the 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice, Mrs Bennet's first names gets mentioned once. What is it?
    c) Fanny

    #6. What movie/series does this screencap come from?
    d) Saving Mr Banks??? I haven't seen it, wail!

    #7. Which of the following characters did not cut their hair?
    c) Catherine Moorland (Northanger Abbey)
    Note: It is Moreland, m'dear. ;)

    #8. In Anne of Green Gables, what convinces Marilla Cuthbert to give Anne her permission to go to the Concert?
    b) Her brother, Matthew, insists.

    #9. Which of the following Period Drama's has the most deaths?
    a) North and South? Mrs. Gaskell puts a lot of death in her stories!

    #10. Which Period Drama features a treehouse?
    d) Sense and Sensibility

    ReplyDelete
  17. #1 b (total guess)

    #2 c

    #3 b

    #4 b (total guess again)

    #5 c

    #6 d (a movie I enjoyed more than I'd expected)

    #7 c

    #8 b

    #9 a (guessing again, but dude, that third episode!)

    #10 b (why am I feeling obligated to tell you when I'm guessing?)

    I HAD FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.