Tagged again! Sink me, how fun!


I love getting tagged. It like the virtual, physical affection of the blogging world. That's a nice way to think of it, isn't it? I'm jolly proud of myself for thinking it up. Anyway. My dearest friend Emma from 'A Lantern in her Hand' has tagged me with... let's see, with the Sisterhood Award. Nice, huh? So, thank you, Emma Jane!

#1 Do you like county fairs?
I've never been to one. Is that shocking? Is it? Is it? I have no idea. We don't have them here in Belgium. It sounds absolutely charming though - an image of the beautiful candy-like fair from State Fair comes into my mind, and I want to go to one now. But I had a dream last night that I went to a fair, so I suppose it counts. Yes, I do like country fairs then. :-D


#2 Were you ever in some sort of club as a kid?

Club. Club. Mmm. Not as far as I can remember. I read the Little House on the Prairie books instead, over and over and over and over again. And watched the 'Heidi' version with Jane Seymour. That's better than clubs, you know.

#3 What's one of the first movies you remember seeing?
That's a fun question! Um, it probably was Heidi. The version with Jane Seymour. As a young child I didn't watch movies that much at all, but I can vividly remember re-watching Heidi a lot. I LOVED it. Sometimes I was super scared of the Grandfather, though, but I loved it. I wanted to be Heidi - I wanted to wear her floral print dresses and stroke little goats.



#4 Which would you rather do: hop in your old pickup truck and go for an unexpected adventure, or sit on the back porch with a good novel on a warm summer evening?
No need to answer this question as far as Emma is concerned, I'm sure! She knows it. Why, the LATTER one of COURSE! I mean, what kind of person prefers driving to who knows where to reading a good novel in the yellow-ness of the beautiful noon?!!! Not me.


#5 Do you enjoy live concerts?
I'm not really one for concerts - they tend to bore me to death. The fact that I'm still alive probably means I haven't been to that many. Seriously though, I don't suppose I've been to that many good ones.

#6 Which do you read more of: historical fiction or contemporary fiction?
Historical, DEFINITELY. I read sooooo *spreads arms wide* much historical and only so *shows one centimetre gap between hands* contemporary. I have read a few contemporary books quite recently, though, but I'm definitely a historical-fiction-girl. You might've guessed.

#7 Do you like country music?
Yes, but it's not my favourite. I prefer vintage 40's music.


#8 If you could play any role in a musical, who would you chose?
Eliza Doolittle. I have to say, I'm getting rather good at the Cockney, and I just love her role. I'm currently watching the absobloomelutely lovely 'My Fair Lady' with my siblings, and I'm LOVING LOVING LOVING it. It's just so much fun.

#9 Do you ever put your feet up on the dashboard when riding in a car?
Oh yes. But never longer than three seconds. Because it's distracting for the driver, apparently. And unladylike. (And it's called dashboard, is it? Thank you for telling me.)

#10 Can you tell us a funny story of something that happened to you in the last week/month/ever?
Of course I can. Why would you assume I couldn't? Yes, I can.

:-D
I'm so very cheeky today.

10 comments:

  1. Heehee, the questions and your answers were so much fun....county fairs..hmm.
    I've only been to one before and it was a VERY bad experience. If I could go again it'd either be to one in the 1940's (or pretty much any "vintage" time) or one in a very decent, nice, calm town. Because...well, the people at the fair I went to were...-shudder-

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a delightful post, Naomi, that I HAD to comment. :-D
    Hehe, in Australia (where I live) we don't have 'county fairs' either but we do have local shows which is the same thing I guess, just a different name. You can enter photography, cooking, scrap-booking, cards, vegetables, art, etc, and see how you get judged and you get prizes and so on. Then they have a few rides (depending on how big the show is - some are larger than others) and fairy floss and show bags etc. It's lots of fun really. :-) I want to watch State Fair now - it looks scrumptious!
    I inwardly squealed when I read that - you watched the Jane Seymour Heidi too?! I've seen the Shirley Temple one, but nothing will ever beat the 'Jane Seymour one'. It's so adorable, and Noley Thornton is one of my favourite actresses. :-) That's one of the first movies I remember seeing, too. It's very sentimental to us. :-)
    My, you ARE feeling cheeky today - you didn't tag anyone either! ;-P
    This post was something I thoroughly enjoyed today. Thank you. :-)
    ~Miss Meg March

    ReplyDelete
  3. The virtual, physical affection of the blogging world. I like that. ;-)

    We watched the Jane Seymour Heidi when we were little!!! (Before Jane Seymour was anything to me, whereas now she's JANE SEYMOUR). You were terrified of the grandfather too? ;-P

    I'm with you on the historical/contemporary fiction. The little itty-bit of contemporary fiction I DO read is usually really good (I must have an eye for it), but I'll allllwaaays prefer historical. It's just who I am.

    Yes, it's called a dashboard. Maybe you call it something else. (We run into that a lot, don't we, living on different continents?) ;-)

    You won't even tell us the funny story? Naomi! Cheeky girl.

    :-D Maybe I'll get to hear it another time.

    ~Emmsies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie, Oh deary! Your fair experience sounds a bit upsetting! A vintage fair would be SO MUCH fun though. Thanks for the comment!

    Miss Meg Marsh, Aww your kind of 'fairs' sound adorable! I don't even have those here. Oh my, yes, watch State Fair! Your description of your fair sounds very similar to the one in State Fair.
    Aww, Heidi was also one of your first movies?! I really have to rewatch it. I'll probably cry. I used to laugh my head of at Aunt Dete, especially when she slept with her mouth open in the train. Remember?
    Haha, eek. I didn't tag anyone because I had no idea who. Always happens with me. Nightmare.
    Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed this little post!

    Emma, I knew you would. :-)
    Firstly, sorry for that last question. Truth, I couldn't really think of any story funny enough to tell. There was one, but it only worked in Dutch (LONG story, might try to explain it in an email) and it wouldn't have been funny when explaining it all and writing it in English. I decided to be very cheeky.
    Yes. The Grandpa scared me SOOOO much. We watched it again when I was about twelve, and Miriam was two, and Miriam was SO scared she burst into tears. EWW. I used to really admire Heidi. :-)
    I have no idea what we call a 'dashboard,' but I know it's not a 'dashboard.' :-)

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, that's so sad! :-( You'll have to visit Australia and enjoy one over here. Country folk are very welcoming, y'know. :-D Ooohh, now I'm super excited to watch it! I know how to find a copy, so all I have to do is find time (I have SO many movies I want to see, and don't get me started on books)!. *sigh*
    I know, we actually found a copy at a DVD shop, which was super surprising (it was really cheap too!) and now we have our own copy which is so nice. :-) I cried when I saw it last. :-) Yes, Aunt Dete (is that how you spell it? It looks so funny!) is quite hilarious. I've seen her in another movie (called "The Whipping Boy", which is a good one too!) and she played a similar role. Yes, I remember that scene! I always felt so sorry for Heidi. :-P
    Haha, oh well, no one seems to mind. ;-) I do wonder, sometimes, how people always come up with other bloggers to tag. Like, "Tag 10 bloggers: Okay, let me just think of 10 blogs first...." :-P
    This is random, but my brother is actually in London at the moment (on a holiday with his friend!) and he is going to Belgium in about a week's time, for a reenactment of the Battle of Waterloo! :-D I thought that was exciting. :-)
    ~Miss Meg March

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Meg March,
    *screams*
    Your brother will be at the reenactment of the Battle of Waterloo?!! That's so exciting - I live in Waterloo! I wanted to go to the reenactment really badly, but by the time we went online to buy the tickets, they were all sold out. Did you know Prince Charles and Princess Camilla will be there? And Princess Astrid of Belgium? It's going to be so GRAND. :-) Lucky brother of yours!
    Well, let me know when you watch State Fair. It's avaliable on Youtube, by the way.
    Yes, I think that's how you spell 'Dete'. It's a weird name. I KNOW. Poor Dete. In another movie adaptation of Heidi, there was a much kinder Dete, but in my opinion, Dete just IS a nuisance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I quite enjoyed reading your answers:D

    Historical fiction all the way!

    Ah, yes, MFL! This might be my answer too:D Wouldn't Eliza be SUCH fun to play?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Naomi,
    I can't but help comment again, because your comment was so lovely! :-D
    Wow wow wow!!! I squealed when I heard you actually LIVE in Waterloo! Aww, that's so sad you couldn't go. :-( I don't suppose you could sneak over to the back and peer through a fence or something? :-P That sounds like something we would do. ;-) Ah, no I didn't know that!! I'll have to tell my brother - how exciting! Yes, my brother IS very lucky. I'd love to go do something like that, but he is 8 years older than I. :-)
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm glad I can easily find a copy!
    Haha, I never really LIKED Dete that much, she was too selfish and money-loving. But she made things more amusing I suppose, and if she had never existed, neither would have the story! :-D
    ~Miss Meg March

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Meg March, I'm glad you commented again! I love conversing with you. :-)
    Yes, I LIVE in Waterloo! No, it's impossible to do that - we've thought of everything. Roads are going to be closed down and no-one is allowed to use bikes. My dad, who works at a big school nearby, will have a day off - many schools close for a few days because there's just too much traffic. So no, sneak over the back will be impossible. :-O
    Wow, your brother is 8 years older than you? I have a brother who's two years older than me, but I can't imagine having really 'older' brothers. :-)
    By the way, I meant to write, 'I feel so sorry for HEIDI' not for Dete. Stupid typo. :-/ I don't like Dete at ALL. :-D

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naomi,
    OK, this is going to be my last comment on this post. If I can restrict myself. ;-P
    Ah, that's so annoying! Oh, I love how you said 'we've thought of everything', it sounds just like our family - we always think up things around the dinner table or something, always putting in some rather strange suggestions. :-P Wow, that sounds like it's a really BIG THING at the moment then. I didn't realize it was quite that big - I'll have to let my brother know that he can count on traffic. ;-) I'm sorry you couldn't go, it must be so frustrating being so NEAR but not being able to GET IN! My brother booked his tickets months ago because he was determined to get some. He and his friend are big history buffs and they are always going on about stuff like that. I watched the "Waterloo" movie (with Christopher Plummer as Wellington) with my brother so I knew exactly what they were going on about. I'm glad I did though. :-D
    Haha, yes, 8 years older than I! I have 2 older sister too, one is 6 years older and the other is 4 years older. (Then I have a sister who is 5 years younger and a brother who is 9 years younger.) Our family is a lot more spread out than yours, I think. ;-) Oh, it's really a lot of fun having an older brother! As a matter of fact, he is probably the sibling I get along with best. :-) We're very similar, in taste and opinion (and I also have been said to look like him....in a girl way, y'know :-P) which is kind of funny, really. If you were wondering, I'm a little bit younger than yourself. :-)
    That's okay, I was pretty sure you meant that, although it had me reading it twice, hehe. Yes, I don't like Dete, except for the fact that she 'spices it up' a bit. :-P
    Wow, long comment. *cough* I guess I got excited. ;-)
    ~Miss Meg March

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.