Saturday, 26 December 2015

Happy Birthday, Miss Meg!

(Naomi's words are in pink, Emma's words are in blue.)


Once I was an Anonymous person. I stalked blogs quietly in my room in Belgium, and knew that I'd never really talk with them. Then I discovered Anonymous comments. So I tried. AND FREAKED OUT. So then I commented on those blogs, and discovered that I could actually be one of them - I played the games, and had my share in the conversation (to quote Lady Catherine de Bourgh.) I was completely fweeeeking out when Emma asked me to guest post (<3) and then, on a whim, I asked my parents if *I* could start a blog and BAM I was a blogger. But this post isn't about me.... 

 Today is the birthday of a very special girl & a dear friend. You may know her -- she likes to hang around the blogging world (I say 'hang' meaning it in the very best way :-)), leave kind comments and say things that make people smile. She's an imaginative soul, an inspiring personality, and a real lover of life. So who is this girl? Most of you know her as Miss Meg March. I know her by another name (which I don't need to tell you, mwahahaha). The fact is, she doesn't know that I know it's her birthday today, so this is meant to be a surprise. (Shhhhh. Don't tell her.) ;-P

This post is about my very dear Anonymous commenter, Miss Meg! A lovely friend, indeed. And t'is her birthday, so....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISS MEG!!!


 Sometimes you meet a person and immediately something 'clicks' inside you know you've found a kindred spirit. So it was when I first met Miss Meg. She started commenting here on The Blog back in the spring, and right away I knew we were going to be friends. (At first it may have had something to do with the fact that she watched Horatio Hornblower and seemed to understand my love for Archie Kennedy...but that's immaterial.) ;-) We started talking, and found we shared so many interests -- it was miraculous! I started to look forward to Miss Meg's comments every time I published a post, wondering "what will Miss Meg say about this?"

You are most certainly one of Us, even though you have no blog and no account, and all that. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dearrrr. I know what it's like to be an Anonymite, and I'm so happy that I know you. (Also, you watch Lark Rise, sooo. Obviously we are friends.)

Your comments always make me smile, because they shine out happiness and golden sparkles.  So thank you for that - for commenting on Every Single Post (how kind is that?) and for your love and your exclamation marks and your words. We 'precciate you. You're the kind of person I can't really imagine not smiling. :-) (And that says a whole bunch, you know, because, my imagination is rather large.)

You truly are a kindred spirit, Miss Meg! I'm grateful we can share fandoms and book recommendations. :-) Thank you for all your comments and all your enthusiasm -- it's contagious! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better, and I hope many of your wishes come true in your new year. (Not all of them, because that would leave you with nothing to wish for - but a lot of them. :-))

Happy Birthday, Miss Meg! I hope your fifteenth year proves to be the best yet. I hope you have an amazing day with a big Birthday cake as well as left over Christmas cake, and loads of fun and presents, and all that. Just, Happy, happy Birthday, and Thank you. :-)


Love,
Emma & Naomi

16 comments:

  1. Um. Like, HOW am I supposed to say something after reading that?!!!! I seriously don't know where to start! I read your blog post (and Emma's) after we got back from church, just after lunch, and I was squealing and exclaiming "Oh!" the entire way through. With a permanent smile on my face. If you were aiming to surprise me, you certainly did that!! I was not at ALL expecting it! :-) Seriously, I still can't believe you said all those beautiful words about me. It was SO SWEET. *Meg melts in a puddle of happy tears and overwhelming happiness* I am SO happy I took the plunge and wrote in that little white box that one day, instead of silently reading all the posts. I would have missed out on so much, if I hadn't! Aww, thank you. It's so sweet that I've been 'adopted' into the blogging family. ;-) And oh yes, having a mutual liking of Lark Rise does help things a little... :-P Aww....thank you, Naomi. I never realized you liked my silly little comments so much. :-) Haha, well thank you, I'm honoured that I'm forever smiling in your imagination! ;-) I do smile and giggle a lot, really, but I must admit, I DO have my moody days. ;-P (Although you'll almost ALWAYS find me smiling after going on some of you lovely girls' blogs!) Oh, and you even know how old I'm turning! *blushes* Aww, that's so nice of you. :-) Thank you for your wonderful birthday wishes, I did have a most beautiful (and delicious!) cake, that my Mum made! It was a heart shaped chocolate mud cake. :-D And I got some amazing presents, too! Like, I actually got the DVD of Newsies!!!!! :-D AHH!!! And I got the ticket to see Les Miserables for my birthday (which is a pretty swell present!) and I got other nice things too. :-) I must say though, your two blog posts were definitely one of the biggest highlights of the day!! I shall be reading this post quite a lot. :-) (It'll probably be my go-to if I'm having a rough day, hehe.) And that picture is so cute!!
    Oh wow, I really don't know what to say. I feel like whatever I do say isn't really enough to describe how happy you've made me. Really, and truly, thank you SO much, you're such dear, sweet friends! <3 :-)
    ~Miss Meg
    P.S. So I'm curious, Naomi....has Emma told you my 'real name'? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Meg!!!!

      Your comment made me smile so much! I'm SO glad you loved it and all that... and I'm glad it was a surprise! :-) And you're SO welcome, of course. (It was my idea to do this: and Emma and I had such fun writing it. :-D)
      Ahh, so when are you seeing Les Mis? In a few days or what? A DVD of Newsies!!
      Yes, Emma did tell me your real name - I hope you don't mind. It's a lovely name. :-D

      Happy Birthday, once again!

      ~ Naomi

      Delete
    2. Aww, it was your idea? Thank you! :-)
      Yes, in a few days I'll see Les Mis!! I see it on Wednesday, the 30th December. It's gonna be AMAZING. :-D (I'm going with my eldest brother, and my mother. They were the most keen to see it. :-D)
      Yes, I got a DVD of Newsies!! It's the actual movie of Newsies, with Christian Bale (I have a thing for that actor :-P) and we actually saw it just after I commented! It was SO good! (I'm listening to Newsies Original Broadway Cast Recording right now. It's so FUUUUUNNN!!) All the music was very good (I had heard Christian Bale sing in another movie, very well - in Empire of the Sun, which is a good (and sad!) movie!) and the dancing was very well done and entertaining. :-) I liked the characters so much, and the actors did a good job. It was a tiny bit slow in some places, but I still completely enjoyed it so much!!! It had more action in it than I realized there was in it. I am now officially into the Newsies fandom. :-D Thanks, girls! ;-)
      Oh no, I don't mind. :-) I kind of guessed Emma would tell you at some point, anyway, haha. ;-P Thank you, I like my name too. :-) (I've caught myself almost publishing it with my real name at the end, and then I have to quickly delete it and replace it with my pseudonym. :-P)
      Thanks, Naomi! It's your birthday reasonably soon, isn't it? 21st January or something? ;-)
      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
    3. Oh, I'm listening to King of New York right now and it totally clicked...Katherine Plumber is not in the movie, but instead there is a GUY journalist....so I get it, she's just a replacement for him. (There's also a few other things in the movie that's not in this Broadway Recording, as well as less songs, and a couple of more 'cruder' jokes..but overall it's quite clean.) I wish you could watch the whole Broadway show, instead of just listening to it, and trying to pair their faces to their voices... *sigh* Oh well. :-)
      ~Meg

      Delete
    4. MISS MEG HAPPY BIRTHDAY! =D

      Delete
    5. Thanks, Evie! :D

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Miss Meg!! What a wonderful surprise! This post is so sweet :) Oh, and those heart cookies though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosie! :)
      By the way, I love your profile picture. It's REY!! Star Wars 7 was ssooo goood, wasn't it?!! :D
      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
    2. Thanks!! Yes, it's Rey :) Immediately after seeing Star Wars 7, I changed it. I just HAD to, it was sooooooooo awesome!!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday, Miss Meg!! I hope you have a wonderful, beautiful, splendid day down in Australia :) (Just curious: Is it as warm in Australia today as it is here in Tennessee? Because it's, like, 70 degrees here and I am Officially Annoyed. Winter, do your job!!!)

    Anyway, I'm so happy to hear that it's your birthday and I wish you all kinds of blessings for the next year! Oh, cool--a DVD of Newsies???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jessica! Thank you, I had a wonderful day today, and I've got a few other lovely things happening for my birthday this week. I've been pretty spoiled. ;)
      Haha, well, let me just convert to Celsius (as I'm pretty sure you're talking in Fahrenheit ;P). Okay, thanks Google...yes, it's a whole lot warmer here (but it IS summer)! So, it's actually a VERY nice day today, although I reckon the maximum will probably get about 89 degrees....it has been a lot warmer lately, though...like, either last week or the week before, it was over 104 degrees! So yes, rather warm....I don't mind warm weather, though. :)
      Yes, a DVD of Newsies!!! :D It's the actual movie, with Christian Bale. I saw it last night! It was VERY good! The music, the dancing, the actors, the characters, the accents, the action, the beginning, middle and finale - it was all so amazing! I will be watching it lost of times, I reckon. :D I'm currently listening to the Newsies Original Broadway Cast Recording...I had only listened to separate songs before, but now I've found the whole songs altogether...I've added this as a bookmark, so I can listen to it a lot. :) I must add, I haven't read your guest post (with Rosie) about Newsies yet, because I have been super busy and I was waiting till I had proper time to enjoy it. Since I've got a bit of time now, I might just go and read that.... :D
      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
    2. Yeah . . . I meant Fahrenheit ;-)

      Oh, the Broadway cast recording? I LOVE THAT ALBUM SO MUCH. I've listened to it roughly 1 million times since this fall. Do you have a favorite song, btw? Mine's "Brooklyn's Here," plus "Letter from the Refuge," which isn't on the cast album but you can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVoWyO2TEuY&index=15&list=PLLrHCf8iYn2F8x4qK17cK_9pto7v_-xhX

      Delete
    3. Haha, okay, I think you've listened to it more than I, then. ;P A favourite song?? :O Did you seriously just ask me that?! ;P Umm... it's SanteFeSeizetheDayKingofNewYorkAndtheWorldWillKnowWatchWhatHappensCarryingtheBanner. Yes, that. That's what it is. ;) Alright, so that's super hard, especially since I've not memorized them yet, so I don't know them inside out...it's a toss up between Seize the Day and Sante Fe. At the moment. (If you ask me tomorrow, it'll be different. :P) I remember liking "Brooklyn's Here" very much, though...I'll have to listen to it again. :) Oh, and I'll listen to that song you linked to soon....(sorry, I can't listen to it now, 'cause it's midnight and I don't want to wake everyone else up. :P Thanks for the link, though, I'll check it out tomorrow!) Oh, and also, thanks for your comment back on your guest post. I appreciated all your answers to my questions - it was very interesting, so thank you! :)
      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
  4. Awwwwww!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISS MEG!!! -hugs-
    I hope you have an absolutely amazing 15th year! You are definitely one of "us", as Naomi and Emma said. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. :) I especially remember your sweet comments on all my posts about my book. Your interest in my story is SO encouraging and I just remember how happy your comments made me!
    Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ps. You got Newsies on dvd!!! Hooray!! -throws confetti-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! *hugs back*
      Aww, thank you, dear. :) And you're very welcome about my commenting. Your blog is one of my favourites! :) I'm glad they made you happy, too. (Your book sounds amazing, seriously. I wish mine was that good. :P)
      Yes, it's VERY exciting! I'm now officially into the Newsies fandom, haha! ;)
      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
    2. You are sooo sweet! Thank you. That means a lot that my blog is one of your favorites! :D And that you love my book. :)

      YES!! You won't regret going into this fandom!;)

      Delete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.