Wednesday, 30 December 2015

It's an annual tag...

Why, look who we have on our doorstep!
2016!!!!

Which means I do this annual tag. Doing 'The New Years Tag' is, for me, a bloggy-must. The year just don't feel complete without 'un. (My answers for it last year are here.)

My older brother would laugh at me if he read this, but goodness, hasn't this year just zoomed past my ears? Or my eyes. Whatever. It's just gone scarily fast. It feels like I've JUST turned sixteen, like I went to the seaside in England last week, like the Christmas Carol Service at our Church was yesterday. I'm excited for 2016, though. Isn't that a jolly, welcoming number? 2016. I like the look of it. I can't wait to BE in it.

(Wow, everything I just wrote was so cliché. I give you permission to openly shudder at it.)


What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?
- I phoned Emma and I video-chatted to her. We still both prefer type-talking to each other, though, because the quality of long-distance phone-called and video-calling is quite horrendous sometimes.
- I held a Jane Austen Blog Week.
- I became sixteen-going-on-seventeen, like Liesl von Trapp.
- I discovered NEWSIES.
- I read 150 books. (I might have done that before, though, now I think about it.)
- I started making some Period Drama videos.
- I'm a proud Goodreads member. It's the best social media in the world, I'm convinced of it.
- Plenty of other things, I'm sure, but those are all the ones that come to mind right now. Next Question.


Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make one this year? 
I didn't make any New Years resolutions, I don't think. I have several this year. This year I want to spoil less TIME. No, really, really, REALLY.
I also want to read the Bible more this year.


Did anyone close to you give birth?
My mum, in March. :-) I love my little sister Susanna to death - she's so adorable and peachy and giggly and rosy and feather-fluffy-hair-ish. (You should see her chin - everyone faints at the cuteness of it.)



Did anyone close to you die?
No. Thank the Lord!

What countries/states did you visit?
England and Switserland. Unfortunately not America. :-(

What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
- Downton Abbey Season 5's Christmas Special.
- Downton Abbey Season 6.
- Downton Abbey Season 6's Christmas Special.
- More money for post and package, thanks.
- Pretty copies of the L.M.Montgomery books (and a pretty Pride and Prejudice copy, please.)

What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory?
- The 13th of December was a wonderful, wonderful day. We had the Christmas Carol Service at our Church; I sang a solo; I spent a day with friends at Church. It was just wonderful.
- The 25th of December wasn't too bad, I suppose. :-P
- Yeah, I just loved December.

Did you move anywhere?
No. Don't ask me this every year; we're not the Ingalls family.


What was the best month?
December.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Goodreads says I'm the 10th best reviewer of Belgium. THAT, I think, is an archievement, considering I only joined Goodreads in February.
- I didn't write terribly much this year, but I finished two novellas. They're both rather cute+funny, even if I do say so myself. So I'm happy with that.
- Oh, and I finished maths, did my exam, and threw it behind me for GOOD. And I got an A for it, which blows my mind, because I SERIOUSLY expected to fail it. (I'm NOT just saying that. I really am terribly bad at maths.) So yeah, that was quite a big achievement, I think!

What was your biggest failure?
- I really wanted to write a FULL-sized novel this year. And I didn't. Bad girl, Naomi.
- I also could have spoilt less time + been better tempered + more patient.


Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious, for which I am extremely thankful. I was sick several times (including on Christmas Eve's Eve) but nothing serious at all.

What was the best thing you bought?
Good QUESTION. Um, maybe my gorgeous copy of 'Rilla of Ingleside' - the purple-and-white-one I posted about last month or so. Maybe that black skirt I wear at least once a week. Maybe the plaid shirt I'm wearing right now. Maybe 'Celia Garth.' I don't know. I generally buy things I like and want. :-P

Whose behaviour merited celebration?
- My parents, for being the best ones.
- Queen Elizabeth, for being Britain's longest reigning monarch!
- Princess Charlotte, for being born. (No, that's not pathetic.)
- My sister, for composing a gorgeous Christmas carol.
- My best friend Emma, for being the best friend and for writing the cutest stories and nicest emails. :-)
- All you dear people, for your comments and smiles.
- And of course, God, for keeping this world of ours in shape, and taking such good care of us, always and always.


Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The Paris Attacks made me appalled beyond, I can tell you. Just horrible; unexplainably horrible.

Where did most of your money go?
Clothes, books and post-and-package. Probably the most to the latest; because I buy all my books on amazon. :-P Also, I sent letters and a Christmas package to America, which... y'know... is pricey. BUT WORTH IT.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- My little new sister. BECAUSE A NEW SISTER.
- New books.
- My new copy of Rilla of Ingleside. (Got so excited about that.)
- Phoning Emma back in January 2015. I was riling to hear her American accent and to see how bad it was. (JUST KIDDING. :-P)
- Watching everything of Lark Rise to Candleford. Got so excited about that.
- CHRISTMAS. CHRISTMAS. CHRISTMAS. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.

What was the best concert you've been to this year?
I don't like concerts. The best musical-thing I went to, though, was the Carol Service at our Church. It was gorgeous and candle-lit, and filled with great people and amazing music.


What song/album will always remind you of 2015?
Newsies. The Broadway soundtrack. :-) (This is the year I discovered Newsies. Such a momentum.)

Compared to this time last year, are you: (oh no, the embarrassing questions.)
1. happier or sadder? Don't know.
2. thinner or fatter?  Don't know.
3. richer or poorer? Don't know.
THERE. :-P

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing. (I think this'll be my answer every single year.)

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spoiling time on the Internet. (I think this'll be my answer every single year, too.) (Wait, that was a bad attitude. IT WILL CHANGE. :-))


What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'm just going to make a list of this question; because it's been such a great year; music-wise.
- The glorious, heavenly, angelic boys choir; Libera.
- Josh Turner. The only country music singer I really like so far.
- NEWSIIIIIEEES. (I really won't stop, will I?)
- Belle 2013 soundtrack.
- Cinderella 2015 soundtrack.
- Glenn Miller. Where has he been all my LIFE.
- I had listened to Vera Lynn in 2014, but I only started to really listen to it this year. So Vera Lynn.
- The Book Thief soundtrack.


How did you spend Christmas?
My Christmas was beautiful, and you may read about it here, if you wish.


How are you spending New Year's?

My Grandparents are coming over, and we're going to light sparklers and such things in our garden. I'm going to say: "Sparkler, be quiet," because that's just hilarious, right.

Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Heh, seriously, I rarely phone. I've hardly ever phoned anyone this year, apart from Emma, three times. (And that was difficult, because we said 'what?' half of the time.) Phoning isn't my favourite way of communication, to be honest.


What was the best book you read?
SO HARD. :-O It was such a good, GOOD year, book-wise. I'm just going to make a list of books I've read this year for the first time and loved with capital letters:
- The Book Thief
- Celia Garth
- Rebecca
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Violins of Autumn
- A Lantern in her Hand
- The Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society
- Anne of the Island
... to name a few.

Did you fall in love in 2015?
You ALWAYS ask me this, Mr-Tag-Questions-sir. Who do you think I am? Barmy Fotheringay Phipps or something?
I have however, glee-ed over many-a-fictional-gentlemen, as is my yearly custom. Amongst those are Daniel from Lark Rise, ALF from Lark Rise, Walter WALTER from Rilla of Ingleside, Gilbert Blythe in Anne of the Island, Mr Darcy, EDWARD FERRAS in the 08 version, and George Bailey from 'It's a Wonderful Life.'

What was your favourite TV show?
Dowton Abbey and Lark Rise. (We don't have a TV, so I'm just answering the question my way.)



What did you want and get?
- A pink fluffy extravagant-looking pullover.
- A pretty copy of Rilla of Ingleside.
- The dvd of Meet me at St Louis.
- A good year. A very good year. :-)


What did you want and not get?

(This question makes me sound like a spoilt Oleson girl. But never mind. I am here to answer questions tartly and bluntly.)
- I wanted to watch DA in it's ENTIRETY and I DIDN'T.
- I wanted to visit Emma, and I didn't.
- I  wanted to have the writers block less, and I didn't. Bleh.


What were your favourite films of this year?
Fuuuuun question. (As usual, I'm answering this question like, 'What movies did you watch for the first time this year and love?' and I'm doing this in a list-way, because there are a lot. (Click on the titles to go to the review. If there's one. If you want to.))
- Cinderella 2015
- The Book Thief (gahh)
- Lark Rise to Candleford, ALL of it. (I don't care what you say about it not being a film, but a series, I am adding it to this list so there.)
- TESTAMENT OF YOUTH (gahhh. GAHHH.)



What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned sixteen in January, and had a nice, quiet day with good food and new clothes and books.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Smart, girlsy and - dare I say? - pretty. I discovered collars and high-waisted skirts/trousers and loved the look of them to bits and bits. (Still do.)

What kept you sane?
I don't even care if this answer is cliché-ed. It's God.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy most?
Queen Elizabeth, for her mile-stones, continuity and work. Dan Stevens, for his gorgeous blue eyes and the handsome fictional characters he plays. Julia Sawalha, always impeccably sassy in her roles - especially loved her as Dorcas Lane. Also Jeremy Jordan because YEAH. Newsies.

What political issue stirred you the most?
Do you mind? Me skipping this? Thanks.


Who did you miss?
A certain really lovely friend of mine who lives quite far apart from me you know. I missed her when we were away on holidays and didn't have internet access. :-P

Who was the best person you met?
- Eva. Eva is such a good friend, a fellow Christian, a fellow oldest-girl-of-a-large-family. We're such kindred spirits and we both LOOVE Walter. I'm so glad we're friends, girl!
- Jessica, Rosie, Miss Meg, Miss March, Olivia... YOU GUYS. The bestest. So glad you popped in my life this year.


Tell a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Ummm. Let me thiiink and try to type up something wise.
Oh, I know. GET ON with things. Just DO them. That was my two-thousand-and-fifteen-lesson.



Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

This question is basically impossible. A song lyric that sums up my year. Is that even a thing? Maybe 'Now is the time to Seize the day!' because of the two-thousand-and-fifteen-lesson I talked about in the previous question. But I don't know. *shrugs shoulders emptily*

Five personally significant events of 2015:
- Passed my exams.
- No more maths. :-P
- Went to England and swam in the sea and saw my cousins and all that.
- Sang a solo in the Christmas Carol Service.
- Christmas day. (Sorry! It just was awesome.)

Five things I want to do in 2015:
- Go to England again.
- Be kind to random strangers / people I don't know very well.
- Visit Emma. IT'S JUST ALWAYS ON THIS LIST.
- Write a full-sized novel. Oh please. It must happen this year.
- Be the 1st best reviewer of Belgium on Goodreads. :-)


People I'd like to know better in 2015:
I don't know... um. Some of you. (It would be creepy to mention names. :-P) Maybe some people at my Church.
JIMMY STEWARTTTT. AND JUDY.

There you go!!!

That was 2015. It was a wonderful year for me; I did a lot; and I had fun and enjoyed the little things. And I'm also really excited for 2016. Welcome, 2016, old chap. We'll get along, I think.

37 comments:

  1. I love it how several versions of this tag always pop back to my dashboard each year. Such a nice sense of... continuity, haha. And your answers were lots of fun. It sounds to me like you had a pretty good year!

    Pretty copies of L. M. Montgomery books? Actually, you mightn't find that one too hard. Well, you might, I don't know, but they've been reprinting some gorgeous editions of several of the lesser-known ones recently. Just FYI. ;D

    HAHAHAHAHA to your answer on the moving question. And the wanting-and-not-getting one. Well, you can't help being asked, can you? :P

    Yeah, the not-procrastinating thing is my New Year's Resolution, too, as well as last year's. Ahem. Maybe I should listen to Seize the Day a bit more. :D (That was tongue-in-cheek, btw. I discovered Newsies last year and it's still going strong!)

    Also, best wishes for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love it too. :-)

      I know! My birthday is pretty soon, so I think I'll order the Emily books - the new covers are gorgeous.
      I'm glad my answers amused you. :-P

      Thanks! You too - good luck with your resolution. :-)

      ~ Naomi

      Delete
  2. *grins happily* Naomi, I'm just LOVING this post. Seriously. You have no idea. I've still got the flu but this is cheering me up SO much.

    And . . . oh my gosh!!!! It's SOOOOOOOOOO sweet of you to say that Rosie and me have made a difference in your year. I can tell you, old thing, you've certainly made a difference in MINE. You're such a good friend and I'm really, really lucky to have met you. "You make me happy . . . when skies are gray . . ." :) Say--do you know that song? I know EVERYBODY in America knows it but things may be different in Europe.

    Oh, I wish I could have been there to listen to your solo! What did you sing?

    *giggles* Naomi, you should hear MY accent. You'd be horrified. You ever heard of a Southern drawl? Yeah. That. Basically.

    AND NEWSIES IS AWESOME AND YOU CAN NEVER TALK ABOUT IT TOO MUCH TO SUIT ME. THE END.

    (Do you realize that if I hadn't met you, we would never even HEAR about Newsies, much less go to see them? *shudders*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... really?!! Thanks! I love hearing that my posts make people happy. (Oh how horrible? Imagine you not knowing anything about Newsies?!)

      I sang an Austrian song called "Es wird sho glei dumpa" or something like that. I can't even spell it. :-P

      I won't stop about Newsies. Don't worry. :-D

      ~ Naomi

      Delete
    2. Was it "Es wird schon glei dumpa"? I have a recording of the Trapp Family Singers doing that song--it's beautiful! Gee, I wish I could've been there . . .

      Do you know what it means, by the way? I SHOULD know, 'cause I study German, but I think some of the words must be Austrian dialect or something because I can't find them in my standard German dictionary.

      Delete
    3. Yes- that's the song. It means, "It'll soon be dark." :-)

      Delete
    4. Ahhhhh . . . I see! I'm loving this dialect stuff; standard German would be "Es wird schon gleich dunkel" but I think "es wird scho glei dumpa" sounds better :-)

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely post! You will write more in 2016! I can feel it. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this post. I just sat here grinning and giggling and nodding. Like crazy. So much fun! I love the pictures and all of your answers, especially the hilarious ones. "Did you fall in love?" "Who do you think I am, Barmy Fotheringay Phipps?" Hahahaha :)

    Awww, you are so sweet! It has definitely meant a lot to us as well to know you, old bean. Seriously. Your posts brighten my days. NO, I'm not trying to sound cliched. That was really my true sentiment :) If I never met you, I wouldn't know about NEWSIES!!! *shocked and horrified gasp* And then we'd never gone to see them! And they might never have come here again! SO THANK YOU. You have DEFINITELY made a difference in my life :)

    I wish we could come visit you in Belgium someday. And see your adorable baby sister. And listen to your accent. I don't think there's anything particularly neat about MY accent though. And it's American. It's not nearly as fascinating as Jack Kelly's or anything. I don't live in New York. I tawk with uh Suthin' accent, y'all. Okay, so I was exaggerating - but seriously, I've always wished I had a British accent. Or an Irish one. Yes. Irish would do splendidly . . .

    Yay for you! An A on maths! You expected to fail? I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL. Not kidding. I wrote this history paper for Dad at the end of the semester, finishing it right before Christmas break, and I was ABSOLUTELY SURE that it was too short, not well enough researched, not formal enough, etc. I don't like history and I loathe writing papers. So I went on break sure that I would end up with a B. Or maybe a B+. But that really was hoping too much, wasn't it?? I mean, right? Come to find out, Dad really liked it . . . gave me an A+. I was shocked - I just started screaming. No, not at all dignified :P BUT I WAS SO HAPPY!!!

    Oh, and by the way:
    "1. happier or sadder? Don't know.
    2. thinner or fatter? Don't know.
    3. richer or poorer? Don't know.
    THERE. :-P"
    Just. Too. Funny. :D

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW. THANK YOU ROSIE. :-D You're so sweet!

      It amuses me that everyone wants to hear my accent! Maybe I should do a podcast this upcoming year; sometime... :-)

      OHH. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED. SUCH a good surprise! :-)

      Haha, I'm glad it amused you. :-) Happy New Year, Rosie!

      ~ Naomi

      Delete
  5. THIS. :D

    First of all, HAPPY ALMOST NEW YEAR!!! How perfectly exciting.

    *blushes and smiles ridiculously and sends several virtual bear-hugs* I'M SO GLAD I MET YOU, TOO!!!!!!! You're a terrific friend :)

    I have the spoiling-time problem myself :-/ Christ can help us overcome it, though!

    Ooh! Congratulations on the Goodreads thing! You deserve it, old girl :)

    I don't really like concerts either. Mehhh.

    No more math! CONGRATULATIONS! That is tremendous; math is more or less the bane of my existence (not really, but sort of).

    Happy New Year's Eve Eve! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OLIVIA. AHHH. I just love your comments, okay, just saying, thanks. :-P You're SUCH a good sort.

      I know; I really pray that I'll spoil less time this year. :-)
      Haha about what you said about maths. Poor you. :-(

      Happy New Year's Eve!

      ~ Naomi

      Delete
  6. I love doing this tag! I'll be filling it out later today! Your baby sister is sooo cute! Switserland sounds sooo beautiful! Congrats on your Goodreads status!! I love your reviews! Have you heard the Disney movie soundtrack? Glenn Miller is amazing! I hate phoning too... I need to watch Saving Mr. Banks NOW!!! No more maths!! Lucky... Annnnd the embarrasing questions XD Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley - What Disney movie soundtrack? The Cinderella one? I've been listening to the 2015 Cinderella one.
      YESS. You'd love Saving Mr Banks - You really WOULD. :-)

      Happy New Year!

      ~ N

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I was thinking Newsies Disney soundtrack, but I forgot to write it. Oops :)

      Delete
    3. Oh - well, in the case, I haven't. The Broadway soundtrack is too impeccable to listen to anything else. :-)

      Delete
  7. LOVELY post, m'dear! <3 *hugs* You've been an amazing, encouraging friend to me over this past year - I hope our friendship continues for ages and ages. :)

    Happy soon-to-be New Year!

    ~Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww - same goes for you, m'dear. :-) I think we will be friends for years to come! :-)

      ~ N

      Delete
  8. I spent an hour writing a comment, and then somehow I got out of it and deleted it all. WAAAAHHH. :-P I shall have to try again later, but for now I'm too discouraged and have not enough time. Sorry. :-( I will come back later... *frustrated sigh*
    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Miss Meg - that is THE most annoying thing. I KNOW what it feels like, believe me. :-/

      (I'm reading the Sweetest Thing too now - are you liking it so far? I just LOOOVE it.)

      ~ Naomi

      Delete
    2. Yes, I'm up to chapter 6 in The Sweetest Thing and I'm really enjoying it! :-D It's hard to tell what's going to happen....I'll reckon I will finish it in a week or less. ;-) (It took me almost 2 months to read my last book, although it WAS Dickens, which is rather hard going.) I am off to attempt to comment on your post AGAIN. Prepare for a long comment...or two. (There. You have been warned. :-P)
      ~Meg

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year! I Love all your pictures so much! That's ok, I don't mind cliche! :)
    Ah, yes, you had that amazing Jane Austen week! Hope you can do it again sometime! And it's gone by so fast, being 16 going on 17. I hope I've done all a Liesel should do!
    I'm still utterly amazed at your reading 150 books; congratulations! I barely managed 50, and I cheated with a few children's books! :P
    I heartily agree on Goodreads! It's helped me with finding books and reading a lot.
    Haha, "we're not the Ingalls family"! that made me smile. :)
    Hoorah for Christmas! I'm trying to savor it all for as long as I can. And now it finally Snowed! (at least where I am in the States, I don't mean to rub it in!)
    Oh, I saw Josh Turner perform once two summers ago! He was really good! And the Book Thief soundtrack-so haunting and sad!
    I got Testament of Youth from the library today and I'm so excited to watch it, especially after all your glowing reviews! :)
    Wow, what a post! Have a lovely day!
    Abby


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Abby!

      Actually, I read 160 books - but Goodreads says 150, so that's what I'm going with. (Goodreads doesn't have all the books I read. I read quite some books that are out of print, too.)

      YOU HAVE SNOW!!!!!!!! *jealous*
      And you saw Josh Turner perform?!!! :-)

      Ohh, enjoy Testament of Youth. I warn you though; IT IS SAD. And achingly beautiful. :-)

      Happy New Year, Abby!

      ~ Naomi

      Delete
  10. 2016 sounds so futuristic doesn't it? (Now THERE'S something cliché!)

    Wow! 150 books. That is an accomplishment.

    Yes, the Cinderella soundtrack is gorgeous. YESSSsss.

    Guess what? This is actually the year I began Downton Abbey. In fact, I finished Season Two a few weeks ago. The suspense!!

    I'd have to say that wasting time on the internet was one of my biggest regrets of time management in 2015. It's so hard...

    Good post and happy new year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS cliché, but I love it. :-D

      I KNOW; it's so gorgeous. It's by Rachel Portman, right? I LOVE her music.
      Ohhh! YOU DID?!!! And you love it? Season Two is my favourite. I just have to rewatch it.

      Ew, I know. I know what that feels like. :-/

      Happy New Year, Meredith!

      ~ N

      Delete
  11. I LOVE this post, Naomi! Your answers were so much fun! It's neat that you do this tag every year.

    Okay, I'm not going to count how many times you mentioned Newsies because that would take way too long. ;) Haha!

    'It's a Wonderful Life'! I love that movie! We watch it every year at Christmas time.

    You don't have TV? *high five!* Neither do we! :) And I'm so thankful for that. Anyway, who needs TV when all the good shows are on DVD? (LARK RISE!!! ;))

    Aww. You mentioned me!! *blushes* Thanks, Naomi. You make me really happy that I decided to start a blog. Sometimes I get discouraged about it and wonder why I ever wanted to do it, but I really am glad I did, and it's all on account of you and the other girls who have been so kind and welcoming! Thank you for that. I'm so glad I met you, too! You're such a sweet friend! :)

    About wasting time and not writing as much as you'd like to--that's me, too! I'm terribly good at wasting time. :/ I really should make that a New Year's resolution--Stop wasting time! Get things done!--but I know how horrible I am at keeping resolutions so I'm not sure I want to commit myself. :) Ha!

    "Visit Emma. IT'S JUST ALWAYS ON THIS LIST." Haha! Of course it is! ;) Someday it will happen! :)

    Happy New Year!

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I thought when you said you didn't have a TV that you meant you didn't have TV/television, as in all the channels and such, but then I read it over again and thought perhaps you were saying that you don't have a TV at all. So yeah, I just wanted to clarify that we DO have a TV, but it's just for watching movies, so we don't watch actual television programs. ...Am I making any sense? Somehow I doubt it. :P

      Oh, and one more comment on this lovely post! THE PICTURES! They're gorgeous, as usual! :)

      Delete
    2. Miss March, thank you for your lovely long comment!! :-)

      Yes, you are making sense about the TV-thing. :-)

      It's a Wonderful life was really good - I LOVED GEORGE BAILEY SO MUCH - but I'm not quite as crazy about it as some people, I must say.

      I know. I probably won't keep my New Years' resolutions, either. HEH.

      HA, I know. Thanks for commenting, Miss March! This is the last comment I am replying to on my blog this year. :-D

      ~ Naomi

      Delete
  12. Had a delightful time reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm just going to pick out a few things that popped out to me (although I enjoying it ALL immensely). First off, that line about everyone fainting at how cute your baby sister's chin is...hehe. ;-P
    Oh, haha...did you end up saying SPARKLER BE QUIET last night? ;-D
    You. saw. Cinderella. 2015. AAAHHHH. Isn't it amazing?!!!! :-D (Now you don't you dare say no. :-P)
    Aww, thanks for mentioning me as one of the friends you met. :-) I'm so glad I met you too! (I am Very Proud of the fact that I have a good friend in Belgium. Not that where you come from makes any difference - if you lived in China I'd still like you the same! ;-P)
    I hope you get to visit Emma next year, I truly do.
    Okay, so...can I answer these tag questions? Thanks. I shall do just that.
    What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?
    -Made friends with girls in other countries
    -Saw a musical live
    -Went to a masquerade ball
    -Began to write stories a lot more constantly and seriously
    (And all of my answers are just 'to name a few' kinds....as always. :-P)
    Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make one this year? My resolution was to Live Life to the Fullest, which I believe I did. I would like to continue doing that, obviously. Also, this year I want to focus on being an optimist. I want to be the person that makes people happy, and give laughter, love and light into people's lives. :-)
    Did anyone close to you give birth? No, but my cousin announced she's having a baby! :-D (It's due in April!)
    Did anyone close to you die? No, actually. The Lord was very kind.
    What countries/states did you visit? Haha. Me? I was lucky enough to get outside of my state. I visited one other state in Australia and That Was All. :-P
    What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015? More courage. I definitely need more courage in my life. And patience. Yes, definitely patience. (Also humbleness, kindness, gentleness, selflessness...shall I go on?)
    What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory? The 30th of December. The day I saw Les Miserables live on stage.
    Did you move anywhere? Nope, thank goodness! In one more year's time, we would have rented this house for 10 years. :-)
    What was the best month? Hmm....probably December. (It normally is.)
    What was your biggest achievement of the year? I didn't really have a big achievement. I got ahead in school. I went through 2 grades of piano. I read lots of books. I wrote in my stories. I remained slightly fit throughout the whole year (I mean, I DID make an effort).
    What was your biggest failure? Not being the best sibling, and spending too much time on the computer. :-/ (Yep, I'm joining the club!)
    Did you suffer illness or injury? No, although I did have several minor things. I had a super bad ear infection early in the year. My ear drum almost burst.
    What was the best thing you bought? The Les Mis ticket, except my parents bought that, so I'd say my great big wooden chest. It's awesome. :-D
    Whose behaviour merited celebration? I find this question a leetle bit weird...(or maybe, weirdly worded?)...well, my parents were very kind and kept me on the right track, and protected me. My siblings were pretty good in getting on with my weird self. :-P And my Lord, who was so gracious and forgiving with me.
    Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? As Emma said, the world in general.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where did most of your money go? Well, towards the wooden chest, towards birthday gifts for my friends, and towards movie tickets. :-P
    What did you get really, really, really excited about? Seeing Les Miserables!! And also the masquerade ball. And being able to access all these marvellous books and movies...
    What was the best concert you've been to this year? LES MISERABLES. Duh. :-P
    What song/album will always remind you of 2015? Carrie Underwood's CD called "Some Hearts". I've listened to it a lot these past few months, and I love it. I'd say Newsies, except I reckon I'll be hearing more of them in 2016 than in 2015. ;-)
    Compared to this time last year, are you:
    1. Happier or sadder? Happier, because this time last year I was going through a very hard time.
    2. Thinner or fatter? I'm definitely taller...but in THAT respect, maybe the same?
    3. Richer or poorer? Hmm...decidedly poorer. :-P
    What do you wish you'd done more of? Spending time outside, and with my siblings.
    What do you wish you'd done less of? Spending time on the computer.
    What was your greatest musical discovery? NEWSIES. And Carrie Underwood. And Peter and Evynne Hollens. And a few more that I can't remember...
    How did you spend Christmas? With family, at home. :-)
    How are you spending New Year's? I spent it at home, and went out to a party to do with our church, at night. We welcomed the new year in, watching Andre Rieu. :-D
    Who did you spend the most time on the phone with? I don't really talk on the phone much either. But I do have a friend who lives in the same state, but hours and hours away, and we talked on the phone quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What was the best book you read? Nope. I can't do that. No go. :-P Here's A FEW:
    -Sherlock Holmes: A Study In Pink/Hound of the Baskervilles
    -Bleak House
    -Our Mutual Friend
    -True Grit
    -Eight Cousins
    Did you fall in love in 2015? If you count fictional characters, yes. :-P
    What was your favourite TV show? Sherlock, Lark Rise, Arrow...and more.
    What did you want and get? Um...movies and books...beautiful memories...
    What did you want and not get? I really don't know. :-P Maybe the ability to sing really well? Haha.
    What were your favourite films of this year? And now I can't remember one single movie I watched this year. :-P Let's see...
    -Cinderella 2015
    -Newsies
    -Star Wars 7
    What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned fifteen. I got the most amazing surprise from two friends overseas. ;-) I went to see my favourite musical live. I had friends over, and other little things.
    How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015? Um...girly? :-P Comfortable, fun, and girly...yeah. :-P
    What kept you sane? Who said I was sane? *ahem* ;-P My family, I guess...
    Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy most? I don't really know. I like Christian Bale. And Matt Damon, haha. ;-P
    What political issue stirred you the most? I'm not into politics....although, the terrorist attacks did 'stir' me quite a bit. Especially when I heard they were very near you. :-(
    Who did you miss? Particular friends that I don't get to see very often. And siblings, when they always seemed to be at work...
    Who was the best person you met? So many of you blogging girls! :-) I didn't actually meet anyone new in face to face reality, actually. Well, not a close friend or anything. But that's okay. :-)
    Tell a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015. You know what, this is what I was going to say before I even read Emma's answers? That nobody is perfect. I guess I expect too much of people, and think too much of myself. Also that being busy is a very good thing (well, when what you're doing is worth doing). And all the things I wrote in my guest post on Emma's blog, too. :-)
    Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. As you said, that's very hard. I guess this one would work, although it's a bit more melancholy than what I mean...it should be happier. ;-)
    "Every change, life has thrown me,
    I'm thankful, for every break in my heart,
    I'm grateful, for every scar,
    Some pages turned,
    Some bridges burned,
    But there were lessons learned." (Carrie Underwood, "Lessons Learned" off her "Some Hearts" CD.)
    Five personally significant events of 2015:
    - I saw Les Miserables. (Nope, I just can't stop.)
    - I passed my big huge maths test at the end of the year. Haha. ;-)
    - I went to a masquerade ball. That was quiet surreal.
    - My stories got a quite far, even though I'm nowhere near finished. I'm happy with how they're going, too. :-)
    - I got to know more people better, and became a lot closer with others.
    Five things I want to do in 2016:
    - Make sure my friendships remain strong. :-)
    - Finish 3 stories and begin another that's tumbling about in my brain.
    - Read lots of good books. :-D
    - Improve my archery skills, and keep fit (or at least somewhat).
    - Learn more about Jesus and learnt to love Him better.
    People I'd like to know better in 2016:
    All my friends, I guess. (It's a kind of awkward question. :-P)
    I just realized towards the end of your post you started saying 2015 instead of 2016. ;-) Also, that is a LOT of questions. :-P I'm exhausted. Also, I have go now...so...bye! :-D Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! It's now 2016. F.r.e.a.k.y. Yet, I'm still very happy that it's a new year that's fresh, with no mistakes made in it yet. ;-)
    ~Miss Meg
    P.S. I think I broke a record for the longest comment. Whoops. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. We've both been blogging for another whole YEAR. And we've been friends for another year; sharing each other's lives for another year; it's a little hard to grasp. ;-)

    I'm so glad you decided to do this tag again. (I knew you would.) This year I want to waste less time too, and read my Bible more. I also want to be better at keeping up communication, with friends online and friends close around me. I'm going to try not to be such a hermit. ;-P

    "We're not the Ingalls family." HAHAHA.

    Didn't we only phone each other twice? I'm pretty sure it was only twice. I would like to try it again, though it still makes me nervous. This time it would be cool if I could call YOU instead of you calling me. (If I can figure out how. You might have to call and tell me how, which would defeat the purpose. Haha.) No, really, I do want to try it again. I think we should do it near our birthdays again.

    I really am aaaaaching to hear what you thought of MMISL. Please tell me all about it.

    NEWSIES!! Our lives are changed forever. And Josh Turner -- I'm still so tickled that I found a country singer you like. :-) And I really must watch Testament of Youth. I keep forgetting to look for it at libraries. You must keep reminding me.

    I loved reading about your year, darling. Here's to a wonderful 2016, with lots of good books, adventures, laughter, and friendship. I really am excited to see what happens.

    (*starts humming 'Watch What Happens*)

    ~Emma



    ReplyDelete
  17. Uh-oh. I am utterly and completely obsessed with you blog now. Your Cinderella movie review post was delightful and I'll be subscribing NOW. Thank you for being so cute and fluffy and pink and airy and butterflies!!!!!!!! It's very much appreciated. (P.S. I found you on GoodReads, I'm no creeper.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am not openly shuddering at that because I feel THE SAME WAY about 2016. I don't know why, but it seems like such an exciting number.

    I'm almost jealous that you are still 16-going-on-17. :P I love seventeen by I still kind of miss 16! (and oohh myyy word I'm turning 18 this year!! What even.)


    HA "we're not the Ingalls family."

    Wow, the 10th best reviewer?? That's amazing!! And yay no more math!! (ugh or mathS if you prefer ;))

    YES NEWSIES. Isn't it so fun when some of the biggest moments of your here included discovering new favorite books or movies or musicals?? haha

    Oh my, Testament of Youth gave me such an emotional hangover and I just got it again from the library and I can't wait to watch it even though I know my heart will break. Why do I do this to myself? Maybe I can get the whole family to watch it....after we finish watching Little Dorrit. It's my dad and brother's first time seeing it. I love introducing them to things like that, although they prefer war movies and such. muahahaha

    I hope you achieve all your goals of 2016!! :D This was a really great post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes,Yes,Yes!!! =D I forgot to add who I hope to get to know better.. hmm all of my bloggy buddies. We've been friends for a whole year... wowsers.. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.