Friday, 1 January 2016

Monthly Challenges

Why! I haven't spoken to you dear people since... what? LAST year?! ;-P

Seeing as my New Years Resolutions are 1. Spoil less time on the Internet. 2. Get more writing done. and 3. Do more things not involving the Internet, I came up this brilliant (haha) idea last night, while fireworks were popping and the sky was changing colour around our house and while 2015 changed to 2016.  I thought: "I'm going to keep monthly challenges to help me actually KEEP these New Years Resolutions."

Seeing as many of you said you wanted to spoil less time this year (poor us, we are such helpless creatures) I thought I would share it, and all that. And I even made a button for it; isn't that snazzy?


The Monthy Resolution for January is to only pin pins on Saturdays. (I'm talking about Pinterest. You know.)

(If you are not on Pinterest, you might change this into something slightly different. The point of this is just to set monthly challenges. It's nice if we do the same monthly challenges, but it doesn't have to be.)

I spend a shameful amount of time on Pinterest sometimes - and last year I did spoil a lot of time on it. So I think this is a good test for me this January. I am allowed to look up pictures on Pinterest throughout the week - but I am not allowed to pin or like them unless it's Saturday (or my Birthday. Haha. I WILL pin pins on my Birthday.)

Will you join me?

18 comments:

  1. Great idea, Naomi! But, um, you see, pinning pins only on Saturday would be very hard for me! (Ooh, maybe I'll just "like" the pins until Saturday and then pin them!;)But I shall try to be good, and more productive, and all that jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Do you mind if I join?

    I was actually planning to not visit PInterest at all in January, so I'd just pretend that that's what the challenge is this month. (I spend too much time on Pinterest, too.) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only pin stuff on Saturdays. Got it.

    (I like this idea for monthly goals.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog button is ADORABLE! I LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinterest is the thing I waist the most time on... So this is a great idea!

    However, I think I will modify it a bit, and copy Abby P, and like certain pins, and pin them on Saturday. Or limit my daily pins to 5 total.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea!! xD I'll join you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annnnnnddd . . . it's the first post of 2016. WHAT. EVEN.

    (I actually wrote '2015' and had to change it. Seems I have a bit of adjusting to do 'ere. ;-) )

    I love this idea, Naomi! You're right--that's the best way to keep goals--breaking them down into manageable chunks. I don't do Pinterest, so I'll have to think about this . . . but I really like your idea :-)

    By the way--I find it really cool that you say "spoiling time," because I've never heard that expression before! I've always said "WASTING time," which of course means the same thing but it's different wording. British English vs. American English is fascinating, no? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your idea! I don't actually do Pinterest, but seeing as I do waste a lot of time on the Internet in GENERAL, I really like the monthly goals idea :) Oh, and your new header and background is VERY PRETTY. Looks all springy! I like it a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a good one. That would be tough... I'll do it! But I'm altering it to not getting onto Pinterest at all except on Saturdays. I can pin pins from the internet but not go to Pinterest. I like the monthly challenge idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. (Okay, I freely admit it. I'm doing this because of your adorable button. ;)) But no, really, this is a marvelous idea! For this month's challenge, I've just been thinking how exactly to tweak it according to circumstances... I think I'll make it that I won't go on the internet at all after 9:30 at night. That's a biggie for me and one I've REALLY been planning/needing to change in this new year, so this would be super helpful. How does that sound?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, I didn't see this comment till this morning; sorry!

      That's a very good challenge! I might make that an official challenge one month; I like that one. :-D

      Delete
  11. I SO glad people are joining in!!! We can do this. :-)

    Abby, Abigail and Awdur (the three A's, I can call you), I love that you're making your own version of the challenge. That is perfectly okay, btw. :-)

    Jessica and Rosie, Next month will not be Pinterest-related, so I hope you can join me then! :-)

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds lovely! :-)

      By the way, I just realized Cinderella Week starts on MONDAY!!! Like, WHAT. I can't wait!!!

      Delete
  12. Ohh yes, wasting time on the internet. -raises hand guiltily-
    I like this idea of monthly challenges. This particular one won't work for me, but I may incorporate the idea in some other way. Good luck with your challenge!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Naomi -- (you don't have to publish this one ;D), but I just wanted to make sure my blogger's working. Did you get my last comment all right??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! You put this header up again! I love this one! It's one of my favorites! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favourites, too! :-)

      Delete
    2. so pretty! I did a new one.. hmm =D

      Delete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.