Saturday, 9 April 2016

Period Drama Actors - Multiple Choice Game!


Right-ho, so it's about time for a game again. The rules are simple (as they always are, right?) - guess the answer, and then comment with your guesses. The point of the game is to guess what Period Drama the actor/actress I mention does NOT act in. Mark the not. :-) So three of the multiple answers will be movies the actor/tress does act in - you have to find the one it doesn't act in. Got it? :-P

I won't publish the comments till next week, when I shall release the answers. Another thing: Do not go and google the actors and actresses. You can click on their names - I have always added a link to a picture of the actors' face, just in case you have no clue who I'm talking about it. But don't google them, or you might see a picture of them in a Period Drama and voilĂ , thou hast cheated. (Also, please don't google the Period Dramas. Play fair, peasants.)

Have fun!

1. Romola Garai is in a ton of Period Dramas. In which of the following does she not appear?
a) The Paradise
b) Atonement
c) Amazing Grace
d) Nicolas Nickleby

2. Julia Sawalha is my favourite actress ever - she's so much fun to watch! In which of these movies was she not?
a) Lark Rise to Candelford
b) Martin Chuzzlewit (1994)
c) A Christmas Carol (1997)
d) Horatio Hornblower

3. Hugh Bonneville has a recognisable face, but which of the following Period Dramas does he have nothing to do with?
a) The Monuments Men
b) Brooklyn
c) Lost in Austen
d) Daniel Deronda

4. Maggie Smith is a legend. In which of the following does she not appear?
a) The Secret Garden (1993)
b) David Copperfield (1999)
c) Chariots of Fire
d) Becoming Jane

5. Jenny Agutter was never my favourite actress, but have to admit I like the Period Dramas she's in. In which of these movies was she not?
a) The Pickwick Papers (1985)
b) Call the Midwife
c) The Buccanneers
d) The Railway Children (1970)

6. Lucy Boynton is such a cutiepie. Which of the following movies did she not cutify?
a) Copperhead
b) Sense and Sensibility (2008)
c) Saving Mr Banks
d) Ballet Shoes

7. Emily Watson is in everything. Except she isn't.
a) War Horse
b) Belle
c) The Mill on the Floss
d) Under the Greenwood Tree

8. Helena Bonham Carter has a very recognisable face that you shouldn't have seen in one of the following...
a) Miss Potter
b) Cinderella
c) The King's Speech
d) Suffragette

9. David Bamber is hilarious to watch. Which of the following movies missed out on his comical face?
a) Pride and Prejudice (1995)
b) He Knew He was Right
c) Pollyanna (2003)
d) The Kings Speech

10. Kate Beckinsale doesn't do a bad job. In which of the following does she not appear?
a) Love and Friendship (so excited about this, btw!!)
b) Emma (1997)
c) Downton Abbey, Season three
d) Pearl Harbour

Hope you enjoyed this!

10 comments:

  1. This is harder than I have found the others, but I'll try, anyway. :D

    1. I am quite sure it's b. But I could be wrong. ;)
    2. Ah, I KNOW this one - c.
    3. Gosh, I have no idea. I'll guess b.
    4. No idea, but let's say c.
    5. Err... a? (That's a guess. In case you couldn't tell.)
    6. c!
    7. Haha, pretty sure it's d.
    8. a, I think!
    9. b, perhaps?
    10. Um... d? No? Yes? Maybe? I guess I'll find out next week. ;)

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, goody. :-)

    #1 a
    #2 c
    #3 b
    #4 c
    #5 a?
    #6 c
    #7 d ("She's in everything...except she isn't. Hahahaha.)
    #8 a
    #9 d?
    #10 c

    Zis was fun. I'm pretty sure I got them all correct. (I'm eating an apple right now so I'm typing with only two fingers. Tis very awkward.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. a) The Paradis
    2. b) Martin Chuzzlewit (1994)
    3. b) Brooklyn
    4. d) Becoming Jane
    5. d) The Railway Children (1970)
    6. c) Saving Mr Banks
    7. d) Under the Greenwood Tree
    8. a) Miss Potter
    9. b) He Knew He was Right
    10. c) Downton Abbey, Season three

    Thanks for the game, Naomi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A game!! Well, this should be fun :-)

    1. a
    2. No idea
    3. No idea
    4. No idea
    5. No idea
    6. c
    7. c
    8. a
    9. b
    10. c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, are they making a version of Jane Austen's 'Love and Freindship' (sic)
    I'm hopeless at this- I knew at least one thing all of them were in- but not THREE!!!
    Here's mine:
    1.b 2c 3b 4a 5c 6c 7b 8a 9c 10c

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOH YES A GAAAAME. ME LIKETH.
    1. a
    2. c
    3. b?
    4. c
    5. a?
    6. CUTIFY HAHA. c.
    7. d
    8. a
    9. b
    10. (YESSSS LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!) c.
    (It's Pearl Harbor though. Just sayin'. I mean, it's an American name soooo... hahaha. ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A game! How jolly :) This looks like fun!!

    1. a
    2. d
    3. b
    4. d
    5. b
    6. a
    7. c
    8. b
    9. a
    10. d

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I'm going to give this a shot, but boy is this hard! You keep throwing in movies that I'm totally unfamiliar with, so while two of the options may be quite clear, the other two are a pure toss up! Ah, well, I guess that's where "guessing" comes in. Heehee. ;)

    1. b)
    2. c)
    3. b)
    4. d)
    5. c)
    6. c)
    7. d)
    8. a)
    9. c)
    10. c)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. b
    2. d
    3. b
    4. c
    5. c
    6. c
    7. d
    8. a
    9. d
    10. c

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1) b.
    2) c.
    3) b.
    4) c.
    5) b.
    6) a.
    7) b.
    8) a.
    9) c.
    10) b.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.