The Little Things aren't that little if you accentuate them and give them a highlight in your favourite colour. I like accentuating them; because they deserve accentuating - they're wonderful, underrated, simple, pure and never-fading gems of comfort. I've had a pretty kind of melancholy day - I'm just kind of droopy and blue about basically everything (ugh, come on Naomi, brace yourself up, old sport!) - so I went ahead and told myself to make a little list of those always-there, good little things that make up my enormously good life. Let that silver lining shine, girls and boys. Here's mine for today:
1. The fact that spring is in the air - the birds are shining and the sun is singing. (Hush, I know. But the verb arrangement still fits.) Everywhere I go, I can spot little trees sporting a look of pinky blossom, and blossom equals a little taste of heaven.
2. Kate and William's India tour is making me happy - I'm an unashamed Royal fan, and I love keeping up with their appearances. Kate's Indian-inspired outfits have been pretty stellar so far. And can I learn her so-not-awkward-in-front-of-so-many-people-skills? (I need some. Heh.) (Just look how pretty she is.)
3. Emails from friends are always underrated bricks, aren't they? And especially my friends' emails - they're literally bricks. (As in the length. I have some chatty friends. :-P)
4. JUUUUNE. REMEMBER WHAT'S HAPPENING IN JUNE?! (Emma and I will meet. Yesterday I imagined writing a post the day before leaving, with 'One day more' in the title, to honour Emma and her love for Les Mis. (For zee new readers, Emma is my best friend. Her blog est ici.)
5. Call the Midwife. Gahh, it's so good. The second episode of the second season - the one where Cynthia witnesses the death of a baby and where Chummy leaves to Africa - was sooo good and made my cry buckets of my infamous tears. And then there's this romance between a certain doctor and a certain glasses-wearing-dear-lady-who-I-shan't-name-due-to-spoilers... and it's one of the most adorable romances ever.
(That picture of Poldark was for all those crazy Poldark fans.)
6. I LOVE Chummy so much. My future aspirations include publishing a novel and learning how to speak like Chummy. Naturally. (I'm slowly learning! My dear mother asked me yesterday, 'Would you like some tea?' and I said, 'Not to worry' instead of 'don't worry.' And that was very Chummy-like.) (I did have the tea after all. I just said 'Not to worry' because I felt like it.)
7. Solving a very queer computer problem. I felt so terribly clever.
8. Lacock Village; I still plan to come and inhabit within your shadows. I have not forgotten you.
9. You've probably all heard by now (and if you haven't, you're probably not interested, haha) - but are you excited about Love and Friendship??? (I still think they should've named it Lady Susan but I shall hush seeing as my opinions are not asked for.) The trailer made me grin a lot ("How jolly. Green little balls. What are they called?" "Peas.") and although the costumes are georgian and not regency I am really looking forward to watching this. (Fingers crossed I'll be able to see it on big screen. That would be epic.)
10. Finally - YOU GUYS. I'm sorry if I ever underrate your wicked ability to make me smile. Writing this post has made my day a good one. Plus I'm watching Call the Midwife tonight and I'm chatting with Emma tonight so of course this day is a good one. There are always good things in days; even when the majority of it was unnecessarily meh. :-P
Have a good day. (That was a command.)