If I had an Instagram...


Naomi_Sarah Goodbye Belgium! (Yes, that is a view in Belgium. No, it doesn't all look that beautiful, but yes, it's pretty.) (Photo credit : My 14-year-old brother.) #belgium


Naomi_Sarah The journey was long; as in long and tiring. But! There were some highlights! ARRIVING TO START WITH, and watching The Young Victoria, and eating ice-cream on the plane - those were nice things. The feeling sick while waiting for four hours in Washington bit wasn't quite as fun, but forget that, right? #theyoungvictoria


Naomi_Sarah Arrived in America!! America is big and beautiful and lustrous. People listen to country songs while driving huge trucks, and people make spur-of-the-moment decisions. Basically, people are cool. Flags and buntings deck the streets. I am where I am supposed to be? Um, yes. #USA #Ihatehashtags


Naomi_Sarah Soooo. The point of this trip? MEETING EMMA, duh. This popcorn-loving, cow-boots-rocking, golden-starlight-singing-voice girl is enormously fun to hang out with and please, may these days tick off slowly. (Photo credit: Emma's sister Sadie, who is just about the sweetest person ever, just sayin')

 

Naomi_Sarah Lakes like this remind me how much I love huge realms of water. Water ripples= underrated art. #Underrated #Istillhatehashtags


Naomi_Sarah If you ever feel uninspired, or in miserable lack of colour - visit a greenhouse and buy some geraniums. (Not that we felt uninspired, or in miserable lack of colour, but still. It was gorgeous.) Also, geraniums, especially red ones, remind me of Miss Potter, so here a hashtag: #MissPotter #Bonny


Naomi_Sarah Graduation parties are not much of a deal in my corner of the world, but in America they are, and I went to one. T'was gorgeous and fun and delicious and cosy. I got to meet those names from Emma's emails, shake hands, and dazzle people with my outlandish accent. Plus: English Country Dances. #Addictive


Naomi_Sarah The reason why I'm here is because I'm meeting up with my three-year-pen-friend. But actually, the real reason is: STRAWBERRIES. They are honestly my one and only one weakness and I can't stop taking pictures of them. #larkrisetocandleford #ughhashtags


Naomi_Sarah Barns lit up in lights and filled with people doing impressive things are not to bad, I suppose. #yesthisisfromthegraduationparty (I should stop using hashtags, because I really do dislike them. #Idislikehashtags)


Naomi_Sarah I sometimes snap pictures of random buildings. Ask Emma. No hashtags today, but today was fun. We ate popcorn.


Naomi_Sarah Breaking news guys: I have toes. The moral of this picture is: don't decide to go on a hike with flipflops. It is a bad idea.


Naomi_Sarah Sometimes one must just snap pictures of cool looking things. (Photo credit: Emma.) #itlooksAmish


Naomi_Sarah I was going to write 'Friends who ride the gator together, stay together' but that's ridiculously cheesy, so I won't. (And mmhm, I kind of burnt myself.) #EmmaandNaomi


Naomi_Sarah LOOK here guys!!! An Amish buggy! (Also: I am officially creepy.) (Photo credit: Me. #haha)

31 comments:

  1. OOOOHHH! This is SO lovely! And the pictures...they are LOVELY too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhhhhhhhhh. I started to believe THAT THIS WAS REALLY YOUR INSTAGRAM and I was just *cough* stalking you xD Good job!! and I knoooowww, strawberries are simply FANTASTIC. <3 I'm going to do a blogpost on my strawberry jam soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Nope, I don't have one.:-)
      Strawberries are the BESTEST.

      Delete
  3. So sign up on Instagram already! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how many one weaknesses one person can have...... :)Because it seems to me that a Miss Lane had more than one........... :)

    I am hopefully going to an English country dance tomorrow. It is going to be outdoors, so let's hope it doesn't rain. As is currently possible.

    Sarah
    www.sewcharacteristicallyyou.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, yes.
      I hope you had fun, Sarah. Did it rain?

      Delete
  5. Mwahaha, these posts are awesome. I loves the pictures muchly :D And your captions are hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your pictures!! My favorite is probably the one with the American flag (although the others are lovely too :-) ) Oh, and by the way, I just wanted to tell you: Thank you for making me feel happy about my country again. I have been feeling SO disappointed with America for the past few months, and your enthusiasm has been making me feel a little more grateful for all the nice things about our country. Because there ARE still some nice things, after all. So, thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jessica, America has AMAZING things. For instance, the smell of the evening smells of bonfires almost every night because so many people make bonfires. I love it here. :-)

      Delete
  7. Oh I love your pictures! You should definitely get instagram.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww. LOVE THIS! That first picture is absolutely gorgeous! And the lake picture, too! Simply stunning. Oh, and all your #Ihatehashtags made me smile. You're so funny, Naomi! :D

    Wow. It looks like you girls are having tons of fun! I hope the weeks go by slowly for you, too. Thanks for sharing a bit of your adventures with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Miss March. :-)

      Delete
  9. This is delightful! What a good post idea, might do that with some of my pics from my account :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahha. I reckon you should really have an Instagram account, Naomi #ILovedYourPictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was so much fun! Thank you <3 (What a weirdo I am, I don't even know WHY I'm thanking you. Whatevah.)

    ~Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw Naomi, I love that idea for showing your trip! It looks splendid! Keep having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These were so gorgeous Naomi! Belgium looks really pretty. (Fun fact:I'm actually part Belgian so hopefully someday I'll see it.) I love the pics of you and Emma.<3 Have loads of fun! #Naomiusedhashtagshaha:)

    ~Rilla Blythe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're part Belgian! That's cool! :-)

      Delete
  14. This was quite amusing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Rae. (And you MUST watch Miss Potter.)

      Delete
  15. HAHA. I smiled rather slyly when I saw this title. (It wasn't much of surprise. Although it was a very cool blogging idea! I reckon you thought of it, huh? ;D *shoulder-nudge*)

    It tickled me so much to see your captions (and you even figured out what your profile name thing would be! Hehe!) it just made my day. Seriously, it DID.

    Wow! Belgium looks like a patchwork quilt! *giggles* It IS pretty. ;)

    You had ice cream on the plane?! Wow. That's pretty fancy. :D

    I love that lake photo. Tremendously. Water is one of the most gorgeous things EVER. I could watch and listen to ripples like that forever. *dreamy sigh*

    AH THAT BARN DANCE PHOTO. IT'S PERFECT. I REALLY BADLY WANT TO BE THERE.

    Ahahahaha... that gumboot hanging object is hilarious. I don't why, but I can't stop grinning. It's pretty quirky - I really like it!!!

    This was too darn cute, Naomi. You really would be very good at Instagram. ;) (Also, just so you know it's currently raining and this post made me so comfy fuzzy happy. I'm sick at the moment, so both of those things are pure bliss. <3)

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it was Emma's idea. :-) And I agreed immediately. I'm SO glad you enjoyed it, dear! <3

      Well, it was an ice-cream on a stick kind of thing, so it wasn't very fancy. But I loved it.
      THE BARN WAS BEAUTIFUL. (The dancing was outside, actually, but yes, the barn was beautiful. :-D)
      Emma took the gumboot picture; I love it too. :-)

      Delete
  16. Hahaha, I love all your hashtags! ;)

    That photo of the lake is BEAUTIFUL! So are those geraniums. :)

    Ooh, a graduation party? With country dances? That must have been so fun!!

    Aww, your poor toes...and your burned yourself? Poor Naomi. :( -hugs-

    I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, yes, this summer I'm realizing what a bad idea flip-flops are. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.