First names ~ Game

Often, when we watch Period Dramas we hardly ever know people's first names. For example, I never refer to Mr Knightley as George- it's always Mr Knightley.

Do you know their first names? Have a try!
 
#1 Jeeves
(In Jeeves and Wooster)
 
 
#2 Mrs Hughes
(In Downton Abbey)
 
 
#3 Miss Patmore
(In Downton Abbey)
 
 
#4 Mr Wickham
(In Pride and Prejudice)
 
 
#5 Colonel Brandon
(In Sense and Sensibilty)
 
 
#6 The Baroness
(In the Sound of Music)
 
 
#7 Mrs Banks
(In Mary Poppins)
 
 
#8 Mr Bingley
(In Pride and Prejudice)
 
 
#9 The Artful Dodger
(In Oliver Twist)
 
 
#10 Mr Carson
(In Downton Abbey)
 
 
#11 Miss Beadle
(in Little House on the Prairie- she's the school-teacher)
 
 
#12 Grandpa Walton
(From the waltons)
 
 
#13 Miss Pole
(In Cranford)
 
 
#14 Mr Palmer
(From Sense and Sensibilty)
 
 
#15 Mr Molesly
(Once again, Downton Abbey)
 
 
#16 Miss Stacy
(Anne of Green Gables)
 
 
Answers coming next week! I hope it wasn't too hard!
 

3 comments:

  1. Good idea! Eeek, I can see I'm not going to be very good at this, but I'll do my best. :-)

    #1 No idea
    #2 Elsie
    #3 Beryl
    #4 George
    #5 Christopher
    #6 I don't remember-- it's been too long since I watched it.
    #7 Ditto. ;-P
    #8 Charles
    #9 ?
    #10 Charles ("Charming Charlie" :-))
    #11 I feel like I should know this one, but I don't remember.
    #12 Zebulon
    #13 Octavia
    #14 Don't know
    #15 Alfred
    #16 Muriel

    Well, I didn't do too badly. :-) By the way, you've got two #5.

    ~Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love name games! :)

    #4. George Wickham
    #5. Christopher Brandon (in S&S 1996 only, Jane Austen did not give him a first name.)
    #6. Is it Hilda?
    #7. Isn't it something long like Constance, Clementine or Persephone?
    #8. Charles Huntley
    #9. Alfred or Albert?
    #11. Louisa? I should know this since I've seen the show lots.
    #12. Zebulon "Zeb" Walton
    #13. Octavia Pole
    #14. Thomas Palmer
    #15. Is it Arthur Molesly? Or maybe I'm just remembering a character from Agatha Christie.
    #16. Muriel Stacy

    And I don't know the Downton Abbey characters so I missed a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Albert Jeeves?
    2. Marge
    3. Lucretia
    4. Nathaniel?
    5. Luke
    6. Elsa Schrader
    7. Helen?
    8. Charles
    9. Puck
    10. Wilbur
    11. Bertha
    12. Jim
    13. Susannah
    14. Homer
    15. Ha-Ha Clinton Dix
    16. Sarah
    Umm, I was creative ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.