Just-a-list-of-random-questions-Tag



I LOVE randomness and I love questions (both asking and answering, although it kind of depends on the question now and then, heh) so, I thought, why not combine the two and make a 'Just a List of Random Questions' Tag? Because, after all, why not? It gives one a charming blog post and it satisfies the curiosity of others. And, hopefully, the questions the person tags you with are fun ones.

The rules for the tag are:
~ Paste the button onto your blog post.
~ Leave a new list of questions (or just pass on the question list you answered) and tag a few people of your random choice (and say why you tagged them, if you have time!) (Be original and nonsensical in your question-creativity - make the blogging world a cheerful place :-) And be disastrously random.)
Now for the fun...
~Write down three facts about you - one of them is WRONG. Let your commenters guess in the comments which one is wrong (and tell them in the comments after a while)
~Answer the questions of the person who tagged you - make it all super random and interesting :-D


This is my list of Questions:
Are there flowers in your bedroom?
Who was your first - really first - (fictional) crush?
What is, in your opinion, the prettiest Little House Book cover?
On pictures, do you smile with your teeth or without?
In 'Return to Cranford' Miss Matty gets a turban. What do you think of her in a turban?
Did you get fooled this year on April the 1st?
Do you think it's rude when girls re-do their whole hairstyle in public?
What's your least favourite song in 'The Sound of Music?'
Do you chew your inside cheeks when you're thinking?
Your how-many-ienth post is this?
What's your favourite Dickens movie?
What should you be doing right now?
Do it. ;-)

And I Tag:
Emma (because I don't know anything about Emma, it's quite scandalous)
Sadie (because I love her new blog)
Evie (because I know she loves getting tagged)
Heidi (because she's such a dear)
Hamlette (because she's so interesting)
Ashley (because she always keeps on entertaining me with her lovely book reviews on Goodreads)
Olivia (because she's jolly fun)
Miss Elliot (because her comments are always long)
Natalie, I wanted to tag you too, but then I remembered you don't really 'do' tags - but if you change your mind, I tag you (because I love your blogging presence.)

And here are my answers...

My three facts (one of them is wrong and you have to guess which one in the comments. :-))
1. I managed to not-cry during my second read of 'The Book Thief.'
2. I have contact lenses
3. I used to go to the same music school as the future queen of Belgium

And here are my answers to my own questions, old chumps!

Are there flowers in your bedroom?
No, there aren't. I'm half of a Marilla Cuthbert on the subject of flowers in bedrooms... well, not quite, because I have had vases of flowers in my bedroom, but not that often. But as soon as I peep out of my window (which is large - almost an entire side) I can see trees filled with pink blossom. My bedroom always feels flowery but it rarely has actual flowers.

Who was your first - really first - (fictional) crush?
My first crush was Charlie Ingalls - as a boy. The fifth Caroline book in the Little House 'Caroline Years' is about Caroline (Ma) and Charles (Charlie - Pa) when they first met as kids. Charlie is sixteen, sympathetic, competitious, musical, and has a dorky grin. I absolutely adored this book as a young girl (and still do!) and I believe I can count Charlie Ingalls as my first literary (and ever) crush. 


What is, in your opinion, the prettiest Little House Book cover?
I'm in a Little House mood at the moment, as you might guess. I love dipping myself into these charming simple stories of girls that I grew up with. The prettiest Little House book cover is, in my opinion, this one:

It's so rosy and happy and romantic. :-) I also love love love that illustrator - Garth Williams. His pictures are engraved in my brain because I poured my eyes over them all over and over again in my childhood.

On pictures, do you smile with your teeth or without?
I'm cheesy. :-)

In 'Return to Cranford' Miss Matty gets a turban. What do you think of her in a turban?
Eck, these questions ARE disastrously random. When I made them up, I just wrote down the craziest ones that popped in my head. Now, *I* personally didn't really like Miss Matty's turban. Yes, that's true folks - I don't like Miss Matty in a turban. I don't understand why people go, 'Oh! She looks so darling in that!' I didn't think it suited her all. Those ladies need big bonnets. :-)
But it's not to bad, I suppose...

But still...

There's nothing like a good bonnet. :-) And did you know - that bonnet Miss Mathilda is wearing up there is the very same one Marianne Dashwood wears here?

Did you get fooled this year on April the 1st?
Well, almost. One of my five brothers shouted at one point that there was a fox in our garden. I believed it for about two seconds, but then backed... he never realised I got fooled, thank goodness. :-P
*I* played a joke, though, on the Downton Abbey blog.

Do you think it's rude when girls re-do their whole hairstyle in public?
You know, I asked this question for a reason - because I often find my bun or ponytail loosen and then I redo it all wherever. Then I read somewhere that some people find it very rude, so that made me wonder. I mean, I don't find it rude, but if other people do I want to know!

What's your least favourite song in 'The Sound of Music?'
Something Good.
Well, I like it, but it's not my favourite. :-P


Do you chew your inside cheeks when you're thinking?
Yes, I do. :-)

Your how-many-ienth post is this?
My 184th post on this blog. I know, I'm a fastie, for a one-year-old blogster. I guess this just shows how much I love blogging. It's just something I really enjoy doing - and I also love the fact that it's a place where I can show off all my...


... Randomly Nice Pictures. :-)

What's your favourite Dickens movie?
Little Dorrit, indubitably! I adore that mini-series to bits, despite the fact that it's so long. (Hang on, of course I like it when it's long! That makes me like it more! Despite, indeed! Shame on you, Naomi!) - I also really love Martin Chuzzlewit, Great Expectations and A Tale of Two Cities. In fact, I'm watching the latter at the moment with my father and older brother (indeed, it is not advised for younger children.)
But Little Dorrit is THE BEST.

What should you be doing right now?
It's Sunday, so I'm not pressured with 'oh-I-should-be-doing-school-work', but according to my own rules, I should be perhaps writing calmly, or enjoying the sunshine outside.

Do it. ;-)
Okay.

Have fun, ladies-who-got-tagged. :-)

13 comments:

  1. This looks like such ridiculous fun and I love you and I'm so glad you made it all up. :-) Hooray for randomness! Not everyone can do it well, and you, my dear, do it brilliantly.

    And thank you for tagging me! Oh! *gasp* You don't know anything about me! We shall have to rectify that immediately. ;-P

    Oh my goodness, the way you tagged everyone is so sweet. Would you mind if I used your method? Too adorable.

    It's shameful, but I am not absolutely sure which of those facts isn't true. *stunned silence* I THINK you don't have contact lenses, but to be honest I can't remember. And how am I to know if you managed not to cry on your second read-through of TBT? ;-P

    Oh, I need to read the Caroline Years! You know, you keep bringing up all these Little House prequel series and sequel series I never knew existed. I must get my hands on them!

    First literary crush....me likey that question. :-) Do you know who mine was? Well, you'll find out soon. (And it wasn't Archie, believe it or not. Though when he came along everyone else was left in the dust. ;-P)

    I've always loved the cover of These Happy Golden Years. I used to stare at it on our shelf when I was a little girl, but I've never actually read it. Can you believe that? I don't know what I've been doing all these years. Wasting time, I suppose.

    GET OUT it's the same bonnet!!! Haha. :-) You know, I don't really like Miss Matty's turban either. Though I think she'd look adorable in anything, but a bonnet suits her MUCH better.

    Your least favorite song in TSOM is Something Good?! I think that might be my favorite!!! Or at least, I remember it being one of my favorite scenes. I LOVE it.

    Now I'm off to fill out these delightful questions! :-)

    ~Violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violet,

    I'm glad you're enthusiastic about this tag of mine. :-) And thank you for the compliments, m'dear Emma. :-) I know I do random stuff well, that's why I do it. :-P
    Oh no, go ahead and tag everyone in the same way. I like saying sweet things about people. I did think, 'Oh, what if one person will be jealous of the sweet thing I said to that person?' - so you know, you're a dear and interesting and jolly fun and leave long comments and all that, too. Haha.
    Wellwell, you will know it soon enough - about which fact is not mine. I'm very wickedly glad that you DON'T KNOW. We are such online strangers, Emma! Tis quite a shocker. I'm hoping that I'll know your wrong fact. :-) Make it riely hard.
    Yes, I knew it was ARCHIE.
    AND YES READ LITTLE HOUSE READ LITTLE HOUSE READ LITTLE HOUSE ALL OF THEM PLUASH.
    Well, I like 'Something Good!' I do, I do - and I love the scene! But the song is just not my absolutle favourite. But I find myself loving it more every time I watch it.
    Yes, Miss Matty is a bonnet-person. The turban makes her look so-not-British (not that that's bad, but it just not Miss-Matty-ish, haha.)

    Looking forward to thy answers!
    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me! I can't wait! Awww! Thanks for complimenting my reviews!
    Okay. I know that you go to the same music school as the future queen. I can't imagine you not crying during the Book Thief, so it must be 2.
    I can't wait to read Across the Rolling River! Everyone keeps gushing over Charles!
    That Little House cover is pretty nice. I still can't believe Laura got married in black (I think) Why!! And yes, Garth Williams is amazing!
    I haven't seen Return to Cranford. YET.
    Something Good is a sweet song. I think I like the slower songs the older I get.
    You have so many randomly nice pictures!!! It's awesome!
    Which version of A Tale of Two Cities are you watching?
    Thanks so much for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hheheheh! I think I know the answer to the false one! XD
    Contact Lenses?

    Oh and this is a perfect tag and haha yes I do LOVE getting tagged! Thanks darlin' *hugs and grins*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this tag! I'm looking forward to doing it:D

    I'm guessing that…either you couldn't manage to not-cry during 2nd Book Thief…or that you don't have contact lenses (I know, I know, two guesses doesn't count).

    Those questions are all so fun:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I loved this post, Naomi! I do so enjoy your tags especially, but I like all your blog! :)
    I loved the "Across the Rolling River" book and the cover is very pretty. :)
    Okay, I'm going to guess that your false truth is number 1. I distantly remember you mentioning 2 and 3, so that's why.
    Oh, and Little Dorrit IS amazing! The book is really good too (I assume you haven't read it?) so don't be put off by it's size, it's an excellent read. :D
    Thanks again for the post,
    Miss Meg March

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you SO much for tagging me!! I can't wait to do it! :D
    Hmmm....I'm going to guess that your false fact is number 1.

    I love that cover of Little House. It's so lovely!!

    I don't like Miss Matty's turban, either! I adore bonnets to the end, and anyone in a turban in regency era just doesn't look as pretty to me as they do in a bonnet!
    Miss Matty wears Marianne's bonnet?!

    HAHA, I loved your "randomly nice pictures" bit. You are famous for your randomly nice pictures! :)

    LITTLE DORRIT! <3 What version of A Tale are you watching? I adore that book but have only seen the Ronald Coleman version. (He's the best Sydney Carton!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Naomi,
    I did your Random Questions tag via Olivia's blog, so I thought I'd pop over to say hi to the creator of the tag. I was already following you, but I hadn't properly introduced myself, so I thought I would take this opportunity to do so.
    So hi!
    :) Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think #1 is wrong ;-)

    I quite enjoy all your randomly nice pictures!

    Thanks for tagging me -- it was so fun, I did it right away instead of making myself wait until I had more time, hee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone - thank you for your lovely comments! The wrong fact was, in fact, number #1 - quite some of you guessed that one. :-) I can't managed to NOT cry during the Book Thief. IMPOSSIBLE. TEARS WILL FLOW OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun tag! And I must say, I wouldn't have guessed your wrong answer correctly. I was leaning more for #3 actually. :) Also! I think my favorite Sound of Music song is "My Favorite Things". It's just so much fun to sing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kara,

    I thought more people were going to say #3 but then not many did because I mentioned that fact somewhere in one of my old posts. I'm glad you, at least, thought so. :-)
    Oh yes, I love 'My Favourite Things' - but my favourite of them all is, 'How do you solve a problem like Maria.' I also like putting the name 'Naomi' in the place of Maria, because it fits. :-D
    Thanks for commenting, Kara!

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohmyword! How could I forget my facts! D:
    Ev

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.