Yesterday Clara Ruth Stone nominated me with two Awards. The liebster award and the Sisterhood of bloggers Award. I kinda felt like answering a list of random questions, so this tag came in handy at the right time. So thank you, and all that, Clara! Jolly nice sport of you. :-)
Now, I know this is very BAD of me (*insert growly tiger picture*) but I'm not going to follow all those tag rules today. Again. I just don't know WHO to tag as I have the feeling I've just, like, tagged everyone I know yesterday and I don't... apple-porridge, I hope you understand.
(Not that your name is 'apple-porridge' or anything like that. Please don't get offended. I invented a new 'dash it!' kind of word. Apple-porridge! Sounds like something you'd call out now and then, isn't it? I kind of like it. Apple-porridge!)
So I'm just going to DO the tag and not the rules. It's like eating the cake and not tidying up the crumbs. You therefore know what it feels like, because I'm sure everyone of you is guilty of once having eaten a cake and not helped prepare or clear up before or aft. It's HUMAN.
Okay, so first eleven delicious, un-known-to-the-internet facts about myself, and then the list of questions from both tags all mixed together in one long list. Sounds fun, right? Right.
Eleven facts about myself:
1. I often mis-use the word 'epic'. My older brother says I don't know the meaning, but I do.
2. Half of the time in my life, I speak in a Cockney accent. Once you watch My Fair Lady this can happen to you. So you've been warned.
3. I use the word 'golden' to discribe a lot of things. The blogging world is golden. My room is golden. Those goldy-pink roses drying on my wall have this golden glow. It's probably my favourite word, 'golden.'
4. I love inventing words. Most of them are adjectives.
5. I would love Audrey Hepburns eyebrows, thank you very much. Not that I'm not happy with me own eyebrows, I just... well, wouldn't MIND, Audrey Hepburn's eyebrows.
6. The soundtrack of Belle (is golden) and it makes me cry every. single. stinking. time. Apple-porridge!, it's epic.
7. I am currently with a sore throat and I can't sing properly.
8. Sometimes when I see the orange 'comment awaiting moderation' thing on my dashboard I go, 'Oh, person, I LOVE YOU,' out loud. Just so you know, you're so appreciated.
9. I am left-handed.
10. I attach people with colours. My fifteen-year-old sister is purple. Susanna is raspberry-red. Is this weird? Because I do it all the time. Also you blogging people. I kind of have a colour attached to you. Yes, I really do.
11. Why are there eleven facts? I mean, why not ten? It's a nicer number. (Okay, now I'm officially dubbed with the title 'breaker of rules.')
Now, zee glorious questions.
1. How many siblings do you have?
I have nine. One older brother, he's a good sport, four younger brothers, they're also good sports (although with a high level of decibel), and four younger sisters, all coincidentally also good sports.
2. How many kids would you like to have?
I want a big, but not huge, family - a there's-a-party-without-inviting-anyone kind of family. Also, I want an even number. I'd like six. I actually try not to think and plan out my whole future, though. I might not get children, I might not get married. I'm fine with that.
3. Favourite colour for a horse?
Pink. Well, YOU asked.
No, probably brown, spotted. I don't know, really. I haven't really an opinion. I just once saw a brown spotted horse and it really looked like art and I loved it.
4. Last food you ate?
I'm actually eating an apple right now, as I write.
5. Last book you read?
I'm reading (very slowly this time) my beloved 'Jane Eyre' at the moment, but the last book I read was called 'Charms for the Easy Life.' It was really nice, but it isn't the first book I'd recommend. You may read my Goodreads review here, if you wish to do so.
6. Favourite colour?
Pink and green. Not bold pink - soft, frippery, darling pink. And I love the Vintage grey-green. Or the green of spring - new and fresh and light. I also love the combination of pink and green - it's so pretty.
7. Favourite movie?
Pride and Prejudice 1995. It just STAYS with me forever.
8. What do you most want to do this summer?
I made a long summer-to-do list here, but in short, I want to DO a lot. I want to read tons, fill notebooks with creative stuff and write my book. I would like to look back afterwards and go, 'Wow. What a productive holiday!'
9. Do you like to dance?
Yes, I LOVE TO DANCE. But, I don't follow any dance clubs and no-one here organises English Country Dance thingies, so I mostly do it on my own. I have taught myself, by watching videos of Country Dances on Youtube, to dance a lot of English County Dances and Group Dances. My favourite at the moment is the Heel-Toe Polka. It's crazy fun.
10. What is your favourite flower?
Wisteria. It's dreamy. I imagine heaven must be cluttered head to toe with them.
11. Do you like eating or gathering wild edibles?
Well, I don't mind it, but it's not like, my absolutely favourite thing ever to do, no. I have to say, though, when I see a blackberry bush or something in the woods, I do go over and eat a lot. :-) It depends on the food.
12. Which do you like better: Walking in the woods or watching hot coals/fire?
Oh, so random! I love this. Maybe watching hot coals? It's so cosy. :)
13. Where do you live?
In Belgium. That little shoved-in-the-middle forgotten country. :) You know, in Sense and Sensibility (the Emma Thompson version?) when Elinor and Edward talk nonsense about countries to try to make Margaret get out of her hiding place? You know they mention Belgium? Well, that's an error, because Belgium didn't exist then. *dances* Yaysies! I found an error!
14. Which do you like better: Tea, Coffee, or Hot Chocolate?
I like some kinds of tea - not English tea, the herbal, tea-bag kind of tea. Those are so lovely.
15. Are you scared of spiders or do you think they are fun pets?
SPIDERS?!! FUN PETS?!!! I mean, who are you that you even suggest such a thing?!!
Don't laugh. I am really dead scared of spiders. I'm scared of many things, but spiders is high on the list. *shudders*
16. Do you own a harp and if so may I play it?
Nope. I don't own any. They are so gorgeous though, aren't they? So golden. ;-P
17. Which do you like better: candlelight or electric light?
I have to go with the boring answer, electric light, because 1) It's better for my eyes. 2) I don't have to worry about my hair getting burnt or anything getting burnt and 3) There's a switch and it's just much more practical.
18. Would you prefer to own a dog or a cat better (if any)?
No thank you. I'm okay with no pets. If one, though, definitely a cat. I'm excruciatingly scared of dogs. It's incomprehensive.
19. Do you have chickens?
No. But I have a little brother who sounds bit like a chicken sometimes, so I guess it counts. (I mean that with all respect, really. I'm crazy about that said little brother.) :-)
20. Do you know any languages besides English and are there any other languages you would like to learn?
I am half Belgian, so I speak Flemish fluently. Belgian is also half French, so I speak French too. And I also learnt German (just well enough to 'manage', if you see what I mean) because it's not very hard as it's very similar to Dutch/Flemish. But English just is the BEST - nothing is like it.
No, I don't want to learn any other language, thank you. Not ever again.
21. Do you plan to start your own business? If so, then what sort of business would it be?
I have no plans, but if I had to, I would perhaps start a book-club, bookish kind of business? That just sounds very adorable and me-ish.
Thanks again, Clara! This was very fun! :-)
And very well, I tag anyone wearing pink or green. With these questions. I'm a good girl I am.
Have a good day, folks. I hope all of you are in good life-phases, good health-situations and without any major (or minor) problems. May God bless you all.