Period Drama Dresses ~ Blue

I just love the colour blue. I always have you know. Blue is a colour which -according to me- every age and every gender can wear. Babies wear it, young women wear it and older people as well. Therefore I have a large range of blue dresses here for you to enjoy!
I have (sadly) not (yet) seen the older version of Little Women, but when I came across this lovely picture of the beautiful Meg March and saw her beautiful blue dress I just had to save it. It's a day dress, and not very fancy (the Marches were poor, remember?) but I adore it! That lace and the ribbon!
This dress of Maria's is just adorable! It's sooo beautiful and- I am without words currently. This dress reaches far beyond words can describe.

 Don't you agree, readers? Maria's blue gazebo dress is truly lovely.
Ah. It's about time I mentioned my dearest, darlingest most beloved Pride and Prejudice 1995 again- I have neglected this lovely movie in my several last posts, and oh dear, it is good to see them back again, even though it's not Elizabeth and Darcy.
Kitty's gown is very simple, but I really like it. Harriet Smith also wears it in the Kate Beckinsale version of Emma, and both of them seem to look so comfortable in it. This dress was made specially for Kitty Bennet.
I also love Lydia's blue and white dress. I am normally not a fan of Lydia's immodest wardrobe, but this dress is really stylish and pretty. I love the blue ribbon.
Although very strongly advised by someone very dear to me, I have sadly not yet been able to watch the Horiato Hornblower series. I have however, viewed quite a lot of pictures (I fell in love) and I became really fond of Maria (JULIA SAWALHA!)'s blue wedding dress. I've heard that the wedding scene is actually really sad (Horiato didn't love Maria), so probably I should really be supposed to like this dress. But I do. There. I said it.
Sybil's blue dress! Yes I know, this isn't a dress really. But it looks like one, and it's so pretty I just HAVE to add it- against the rules or not. This is just sucha cute outfit. And that headband to match- it's adorable!
This was my first profile picture, and looking at this again we can all see why. This dress his the beautifullest dress that I have ever beheld. This dress is definitely on my top-ten list and I don't know why I didn't mention it earlier on in the post. Oh Mary! You look so beautiful! Your dress is the envy of all who see you! That lace! That summer fabric!
Scarlett's child, Bonnie Blue, always wears blue (it's her second name, so she must) so it was really easy to find one I loved.
Amongst many of Dorcas Lane's stunning outfit, there's a very special, unique velvet blue one to which I have taken a great liking.
Another lovely blue dress worn by Meg- although this time from the version which I have seen. I don't understand why Meg's snobby friends advised her not to wear this dress- it's lovely! Okay, yes, it's not that fancy, but it's really lovely and it suits her so well.
Molly's darling blue jumper! Oh it's so cute!
And last but certainly NOT least, here's Gwendolyn's amazing blue and grey dress. All of her dresses are amazing, and this one is certainly not an exception. I've nothing to say but "WOW".
This is my favourite blue dress. Yes, I like it even more than Mary Crawley's blue one which says a lot indeed! It's everything. It's perfection itself. This is the dress I want to see Melanie wear the whole time- she's so nice she's deserves a dress to match her character. This is an amazingly stunning dress!
 
Now I'm going to think really well because I don't want to forget any. I forgot one of my favourite pink dresses in the "Pink Period Drama Dresses" post, and I'm so sad. :( I just have to show you- it's so amazing!
It's Eliza Doolittle lovely pink chiffon dress:
 
There. That last picture also had a blue dress in it. Oh and yes, Lizzy's blue spencer is perfectly darling as well (see underneath).
 
So...
What's your favourite blue dress?
Is it in this post, or have I forgotten one?
 

6 comments:

  1. I looove blue, too!!! :-) And blue dresses are just scrumptious. :-) I think one of my favorite period drama blues is one of Emma’s in the Gwyneth Paltrow version; a little low, but altogether such a fresh and lovely color and style–and she looks so sweet in it. :-) The older technicolor Little Women is the one I grew up with (it’s still my favorite) and I absolutely love that Meg! I always looked up to and wanted to be like her. :-) Btw, she has some other absolutely gorgeous dresses (including one of my favorite pink chiffons). Seriously, you absolutely must see it. I don't understand why Meg's friends in the new one didn't want her to wear that dress either...it's lovely.

    Quick question: what about the blue dress on your sidebar????!!! :-)

    And oh my...is that my button you have up??? :-) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heidi! I cannot believe I forgot the blue dress in my sidebar!!! Thank you so much for reminding!!!
    I'm going to add it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There- I've done it now. And thanks for your comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There it is!!! And that dress is absolutely gorgeous. I really like what I've seen with Olivia de Havilland, but I haven't ever seen Gone with the Wind, so (with the Little Women thing) I guess we're even. :-) And of course you know I'm teasing there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good selection of blue dresses! I know don't the characters from Downton Abbey have some of the greatest clothes! You will certainly have to see the "older" version of Little Women. It is a classic favorite. And the actors and actress play great roles in it!

    Sapphire
    from laughterandlipgloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gracious, all these dresses are divinity! I love every single one of them! The color blue looks so elegant on Period Drama women. :)
    I especially love Meg's dress (and the others she wears in Little Women). You should definitely watch the older version of Little Women. It's a great movie and still my favorite out of the Little Women movies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.