The funnest tag evah

A fun picture for the funnest tag evah

I came across this funnest tag evah on Ally's blog here, which was a very old blog post but seriously... the tag is just too ridiculously fun to ignore. You try it too, right?
 
The rules are:
List twelve characters from any fandom/literary source, and then answer the following questions.

Make SURE that you list the characters BEFORE reading the questions!!! This is very important, people- and, if you don't listen to that- the tag isn't the funnest anymore.

Just, another sweet, fun picture for you all :-) I like sweet pictures.
 
 
Here you have the twelve literary/Period Drama people I have chosen:

      1.      Lydia Bennet (Youngest Bennet sister in Pride and Prejudice (1995, note.))
2.      Bertram Wooster (Jeeves somewhat empty-headed master) (Jeeves and Wooster)
3.      Fanny Thornton (Mr Thornton's annoying sister (North and South))
4.      Violet Crawley / Lady Grantham (Granny in Downton Abbey)
5.      Mr Knightley (My favourite hero (Emma 2009))
6.      Anne Shirley (The red-headed chatterbox (Anne of Green Gables))
7.      Mr Collins (The slimy toad in Pride and Prejudice (1995, note))
8.      Cynthia Kirkpatrick (Molly Gibson's sophisticated step-sister (Wives and Daughters))
9.      Mrs Palmer (Empty-headed, giddy with chatter. (Sense and Sensibility 1995))
10.   Nellie Oleson (Laura Ingalls' rival schoolmate (Little House on the Prairie))
11.   Rhett Butler (Scarlett's O'Hara's teasing husband (Gone With the Wind))
12.   Daisy (The kitchen maid in Downton Abbey)
 
I know, this picture has nothing to do with this blog post. Sheesh.

 
Here we have the questions!

1.      Who would make a better college prof, 6 or 11? (Anne or Rhett Butler)
 
Haha, this is a rather easy answer, because Anne Shirley is a college prof. I don't mean to say that Rhett Butler would not make one, of course, but this, I feel, must go to dear Anne Shirley.

2.      Do you think that 2 would win the “Cutest Guy of 2009"? (Wooster)
 
Weeeell, Wooster is, in his own way, a rather cute, funny person. Mmmm. Perhaps he could just get in, yes. It depends whether he makes one of his silly faces or not. *In aunt Agatha's voice: Close your mouth, Bertey Wooster!"*

3.      12 sends 8 out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed? (Daisy and Cynthia)
 
Bwhaha! Daisy sends Cynthia out on a mission! Whatevah next, does one wonder? It would have been easier had it been the other way round, wouldn't it have been? But let me think... Daisy sends Cynthia out on a mission. Okay, yes, Daisy asks Cynthia to fetch the parsley Mrs Patmore has told her to get, and Cynthia, horrified, refuses. So no, the mission does not succeed at all. Heehee, I just loved this question. This really is the funnest tag evah.

4.      What is or would be 9's favourite book? (Mrs Palmer)
 
Haha! Here I am again, putting haha's at the beginning of my answers. Because, Mrs Palmer and books, guys? Imagine it. But would she have a favourite book, it would probably be the latest gossip newspaper column.

5.      Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around? (Wooster, Anne Shirley)
 
Hahahaha! Oops, I'm laughing again. It's just all so amusing, I cannot help but laugh, can I?! I can't see Anne swearing fealty to someone as unromantic and unimaginative as Wooster, and I can't see Wooster swearing fealty to any girl. But still, I think it would make a little more sense if it were from Wooster to Anne.

6.      For some reason, 5 is looking for a roommate. Should (s)he share a studio apartment with 9 or 10? (Mr Knightley, Mrs Palmer, Nellie Oleson.)
 
Sorry people, but I simply have to burst into laughter. Ha. Ha. Ha. Mr Knightley choosing to share a study room with either Mrs Palmer or Nellie Oleson?! Something is wrong here. Mr Knightley, I believe would not choose Mrs Palmer because of her tongue going clickety-clack. Nellie is annoying, but also stays quiet if she wants to. So, after racking my brain for some good five minutes, I think he would, after racking his brain for some good sixty minutes, choose Nellie Oleson.

7.      2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss? (Wooster,  Mr Collins and Daisy.)
 
Wooster, Mr Collins and Daisy!?! Nevah. Well, since all three of them are so different, they would go to a restaurant, as that is what one all can agree to. They would discuss Rosings Park- well, Mr Collins would. Wooster would try to change the conversation now and then, not succeeding very well, and Daisy would not say anything but, 'Oh, she must be very rich, then!' now and then, to be polite.

8.      3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens? (Fanny Thornton and Nellie Oleson)
 
Haha! Fanny Thornton and Nellie Oleson! They'd kill each other! Whoops. (I promise you that I did not read these questions before naming my characters.)

9.      If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would she/he get it back? (Lydia Bennet, Cynthia Kirkpatrick)
 
I can well imagine Lydia Bennet stealing Cynthia Kirkpatricks old love letters! Cynthia would do anything to get them back, probably begging Molly to help her. She'd probably try to steal it, or bribe with money.
 
10.  Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire. (Mr Collins and Daisy.)
 
Haha! How can I find something which both Mr Collins and Daisy most desire? Is this possible, readers? Help me! Maybe the attention of their patronesses. I believe Daisy would also like attention of her patroness, if she has one, or just attention. So, the title would be, 'Attention at last.'

11.  What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together? (Violet Crawley, Lydia Bennet)

Bwhaha! Violet Crawley and unsophisticated Lydia Bennet! Mmm. This really is a hard one. Well, Lydia would have to be bribed with something to work with the Countess. A trip to Brighton for Lydia and she just might work with the Dowager Countess. But then, the Dowager Countess would never want to work. I give it up.
 
12.  If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along? (Mr Collins)

*Shrieks* No! Oh no! I don't even want to imagine visiting Mr Collins! We would not get along, that's for sure. I would try to ignore him as much as I can, as we all want. *In Charlotte Lucas' voice: 'I encourage him to spend a lot of time in the garden. He walks every day... I encourage him to do that as well.'

13.  If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be? (Fanny Thornton)

Oh, how I wish I could command Fanny Thornton to perform me a service! That would just be sheer bliss. I would, of course, tell her to stop being such a stick-in-the-mud.

14.  Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11? (Rhett Butler)

I confess I don't quite get this. Am I supposed to say whether Rhett Butler could be my friend or not? Well, Rhett Butler sometimes irritates me, but, on the whole, I think we could be friends.

15.  If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be? (Wooster, Violet Crawley, Mr Knightley)

Wooster would go for Mr Knightley's side, indubitably. He wouldn't choose Violet Crawley/ Dowager Countess because 1) She's a women and Wooster prefers men 2) She looks like an aunt of his 3) he doesn't like this aunt of his 4) Not at all.
 
16.  What might 10 shout while charging into battle? (Nellie Oleson)

Haha! Nellie would shout for anything. She'd shout, 'Maaaaa! I want to go hooome! I want some caaandy!'

17.  If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose? (Cynthia Kirkpatrick)

Let me see. Cynthia sings a song with the words, 'Oh! To London I will go!' in the movie, so I suppose that's it.

18.  1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it? (Lydia Bennet, Anne Shirley, Daisy)

How interesting! Lydia, Anne and Daisy on an outing together! Well, Daisy would be shy and not take it, Anne would go for it, but, of course, Lydia, noisy and boisterous, would get it first- and grab it greedily.

19.  What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10? (Wooster on Nellie Oleson)

Haha! I'm so glad Wooster is number 2! He'd say, 'I say, Nellie! You are a poop. A poop, Nellie.'
I know it's vulgar, but he would say exactly that.

20.  What would 5 most likely be arrested for? (Mr Knightley)

No! Impossible! Mr Knightley would never get arrested. But if he did, it would be trespassing, perhaps. Not that I can see him doing that, but you know, IF something, it would probably be that. Oh, I'm not sure.

21.  What is 6's secret? (Anne Shirley)

Anne Shirley's secret? Hmmm. No idea, at present. Maybe something very wicked she and Diana once imagined. They vowed faithfully never to tell anyone. I could see Anne do that, couldn't you?

22.  If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first? (Rhett Butler and Mrs Palmer.)

Haha! Rhett Butler, OF COURSE. Mrs Palmer can't run unless it's something to do with her son. There. I am a poet, and you did not know it!

23.  If you had to walk home through a bad neighbourhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8? (Mr Collins or Cynthia Kirkpatrick)

Okay, I know Mr Collins is a man, but I would never feel safe with him. Cynthia, however, is confident and I would feel rather safe under her guidance. Not that safe, you know, but still better than with Mr Collins.

24.  1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that s/he is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?

So. Lydia Bennet and Mrs Palmer reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by Violet Crawley's sinister secret organization. Rhett Butler volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he is actually a spy for Violet Crawley. Meanwhile, Violet Crawley has kidnapped Daisy in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of Mr Knightley, they seek out  Fanny Thornton, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?

Haha! This is far by the best yet. The Dowager Countess kidnapping Daisy! Mr Knightley advising to ask Fanny Thornton to help!! Argh. I would call this fictional book: "Wonders of Wonders, Miracles of Miracles." Because, it is impossible.

Just... because it's a pretty picture.


Here are the questions again, for you:
(Do, do it, because it just is the funnest tag evah. And tell me if you do, so I can giggle again. :)

1.      Who would make a better college prof, 6 or 11?
2.      Do you think that 2 would win the “Cutest Guy of 2009"?
3.      12 sends 8 out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed?
4.      What is or would be 9's favourite book?
5.      Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
6.      For some reason, 5 is looking for a roommate. Should (s)he share a studio apartment with 9 or 10?
7.      2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
8.      3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
9.      If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would she/he get it back?
10.  Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
11.  What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
12.  If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
13.  If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
14.  Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11?
15.  If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
16.  What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
17.  If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
18.  1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
19.  What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
20.  What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
21.  What is 6's secret?
22.  If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
23.  If you had to walk home through a bad neighbourhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
24.  1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that s/he is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?

Did you enjoy this post?
Will you complete the tag?

 

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Naomi! You made me laugh so! I didn't know who a couple of the characters were, but I still giggled a lot at the absurd circumstances of the questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha!! Great great post! :D I am so doing this :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has got to be the funniest post ever! I laughed so hard :) What I want to know is who came up with the questions and the characters?

    I think one of my favorite questions was..."Who would Mr. Knightley choose to share a study with? Mrs. Palmer or Nellie Olsen?" Oh yes...and the Duel question :)

    ~Kristalyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle,
    Aww thanks! I'm glad you laughed. I definitely did, whilst making it. :-P

    Evie,
    YES please do it!

    Kristalyn,
    Heehee, I'm glad you liked it! You know, I'm not sure who made up the questions. This tag went around several years ago... I've seen it in Amy Dashwoods blog and Ally's blog. Maybe one of them made it up. Whoever did it, I think is a very smart person. :-)
    Yes, my favourite question was the one with Mr Knightley and Mrs Palmer and Nellie Oleson as well. Bwahaha.

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on Of Trims and Frills and Furbelows a loooooong time ago and thought it looked like fun. I really enjoyed reading your take on it! It does look like a lot of fun-- I should do it sometime, no? (If I had the time-- on that score, there WILL be an email coming to you soon. We hope.) ;-P

    Oh yes, definitely go to Fanny Thornton for help. Her wisdom knows no bounds.

    I liked the question involving Rhett Butler and Mrs. Palmer....Rhett would steal a horse in order to get there faster, but of course it would be "for a good cause". :-)

    Loved this, Naomi! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was awesome!! I just completed it!! Thanks!1

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.