I'm on Substack now... and I wanted to let my o.g's know.
I very much do not expect anyone to be around on this ghost of a corner of the web, especially not after I private-ed, unprivate-ed, cleaned up and abandoned it all over the time span of 7-ish years, but ChatGPT does tell me followers don't disappear once you private a blogspot, meaning that if I un-private it, my loyal teen following could technically still see the newest post on their probably un-checked blogger dashboard.
All that to say.
Yes, I finally caved into the trend of old bloggers resurrecting anew on the sphere of Substack. It's a logical progression of happenings actually: teenage sheltered gal puts her soul on the internet, slowly becomes a women and starts actually living a life and finding out how she actually thinks about it (or how little she knows), and then as an adult finds herself in a season of re-embracing old loves and passions, thus reappearing again with little scribblings after a decade or so hiatus - somehow more confused about the world and more petrified to write than she was at 17. Indeed. I have been on a bit of a search as to how I can use my skills and nurture my passions. Despite how insecure and wobbly I feel about it, I did make the leap to restart some kind of internet corner again, forcing myself to write more systematically again and embrace what God apparently made me love to do.
So, if you see this and have any interest in my writings and musings, I will see you over there.
The name of the new Substack has a quiet nod to this blog: where it all started, my love for words and sharing them with random people. Continuing my walk of wonder, one might say.

By amazing coincidence, I was recently looking through my own funny blog from my own "teen girl posting on blogger" phase, and feeling nostalgic for those old days of period drama blogs, so I decided to click around to some of the blogs I used to love, and lo and behold, a post on Wonderland Creek from ... a mere seven days ago?? I don't think we ever talked much as I was usually too nervous and insecure to comment, but I loved your blog back in those days and I'm now happily subscribed to your substack and excited to hear from grown-up Naomi! Hopefully this is not too weird of a comment to receive but just wanted to let you know that at least one person (albeit by complete happenstance rather than a surprise blogger dashboard notification... I don't think I even remember the login information for my old account that was associated with blogging) saw this post and is happy to hear from you again!
ReplyDeleteThat is SUCH a coincidence- and I’m glad I wrote this post at least for one person! Good to have you :)
Delete