Wednesday, 2 March 2016

"What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again."

{No, this is not another post about being happy and focusing on the positive and neither is is a post with a list of my favourite things. This is a post about rain; the title is a quote of a musical song, and you should have known that without me telling you.}


Inspired by Amy's Ode to Tea and Emma's letter to Snow (which she wrote back in December, but still), I am here to talk about Another Thing Which Can't Think Or Talk But Which I'm Going To Pretend That Can. (I'm making sense, right?) 

I'm going to talk about rain. Rain, to say in the least, is disastrously underrated. In Belgium; February, March, and just every single month in general, are often rainy months. I go to French Class every Thursday evening, and I'm telling you, every single time they complain about 'the terrible weather in this country.' (In French.) On Sundays, I'll hear at least one person at Church bash my darling and dear Mr Rain. When there's a sunny day, they'll say, 'Oh this is so much better than all that rain.' Which, you know, I respect, and all that - but which constantly reminds me of the fact that rain is extremely and terribly underrated.

My dear and darling Mr Rain, I will be putting you in the limelight today. You may start smiling, for one of your pluviophiles is finally shedding you some glory. (You deserve it and you're welcome.)

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” ― Bill Watterson

Dear Mr Rain, people say you are wet. Which, I cannot deny is a fact with extremely reliable sources as you are the very thing; wet. But by no means am I agreeing with the tone of voice in which people say that. They say this with disgusted faces; faces that look like my face when I watch Pride and Prejudice 2005. (Yes, I considered not writing down that about P&P05, but I decided to go for it because that movie just really irritates me and I ain't going to hide that.) People say 'ew, rain is so wet' as if it is a monstrous thing to be. Don't ever stop being wet, rain - I love that you are wet.

Why, if you weren't wet all the fun would be out of it. You wouldn't be an adventure, you wouldn't be cosy, you wouldn't want to make people go inside and warm their hands and put on new dry clothes.  You wouldn't make people's hair curly during rain-walks, and that would be a very sad thing indeed. That's the whole nice thing about you, rain - you are wet.

“The only noise now was the rain, pattering softly with the magnificent indifference of nature for the tangled passions of humans.” ― Sherwood Smith

Because you are wet, Liesl and Maria became friends rather than people with an 'oh-I-don't-need-a-governess'-relationship. No really, because if Liesl wouldn't have become wet, Maria wouldn't have given her her nightgown and Maria wouldn't have suggested to clean and dry her gorgeous pink dress for her. That started their good relationship. (No, don't say, 'Well, it would have happened sooner or later.' Be quiet, Sparkler.)

Because you are wet, Marianne Dashwood almost died but then didn't and then fell in love with Colonel Brandon. If you weren't wet, dear Mr Rain, Marianne Dashwood would never have fallen deathly ill, and she would have never really noticed Colonel Brandon at all. Colonel Brandon showed what a hero he was during her illness and without you being wet he would not have made such an impression on Miss Marianne. Also, because you are wet, Elinor looked really cute like that (see picture below) and Edward decided once and for all that he was really in love with her. Good job, Mr Rain.

Because you are wet, Emma Woodhouse was able to make her second match turn into reality. Miss Taylor and Mr Weston's love story only really started when He decided to share his umbrella with her. If you weren't wet, dear Mr Rain, they wouldn't even have had those umbrella's, and they would have never fallen in love! (Take that, rain-haters.) 

“Thunderstorms are as much our friends as the sunshine.” 

― Criss Jami
People complain also about you being cold. But just because you are cold and wet, you are just about the cosiest thing ever. I have several excellent memories of coming home from rainy walks and snuggling in dry pyjamas and drinking warm chocolate milk. You, my darling Mr Rain, make everyone appreciate the warmth and the dryth (I invented that word because it sounds very good) in our humble abodes. You make everyone nice and wet and nice and chilly so that we can feel that amazing feeling of coming home, drying ourselves, and treating ourselves with hot drinks and cosy evenings of dry blankets  and a good movie. That feeling is just about the best thing ever, and I really really really appreciate your coldness and your wetness.

And in the summer, your cold and wetness is even more appreciated. Ugh, it's just perfect when you decide to say hello when it's stifling hot outside - your wonderful fat and wet and cold raindrops are sheer glory on our burning skin during the summer.

Keep on being cold and wet, Mr Rain. Thank you. Let's shake hands.

“I love the smell of rain and growing things.” ― Serina Hernandez

People go on, complain that you are dreary. Who put that idea in their heads, pray? Okay, well, you can have the impression that you're grey and dark and grumbly - especially if you decide to thunder (which, don't get me wrong, I love) - but people don't see the good sides! I have said it already, but I shall repeat it again - you are cosy. There is nothing I love better than a long and dark rainy day. I love the pattern of your raindrops on my window, and I love spending time in my room when you are doing your thing outside.

You are romantic too, Mr Rain, for all of cinema's most epic love scenes are in the rain. (Except Mr Darcy's proposal in P&P05. That was just silly, Mr Rain.) 

Take Roger Hamely's adorable rain-filled proposal - Molly Gibson just loved it. And take Catherine and Henry's little rain-moment; not my personal favourite scene in Northanger Abbey, but millions adore it. And then there's that classic, classic scene in Singing in the rain, where the Gene Kelly guy dances and sings in the rain. (I know; it's not a romantic scene, because it's just him - but it's an epic and a famous cinema scene, sooo.)

“I love rainstorms...the thunder, lightning, wind, all of it. So much going on at once, so many emotions...just like me.” ― April Mae Monterrosa

Just like you, Mr Rain, Dr Seuss is a genius, because I'm pretty sure he loved you. First 'Sally and I' complain about not being able to do anything but 'sit sit and sit' (and they did not like it, not one little bit) just because it's raining. (Ha. They're so funny, aren't they?) But then The Cat comes in (which is really creepy if you think about it) and he says, 'I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can do lots of things that is funny!' And yes, I heartily agree with the good old Cat Hat.

WHO TOLD YOU, I ask, WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU CAN'T DO THINGS WHEN IT'S RAINING?!!!

There a millions of things you can do when it's raining. You can read a book, write stories (writing always comes easier when it's raining outside), make pancakes, watch movies, tidy your room (tidying your room is nice when it's raining), make scrapbooks, read blog posts and I know not what! And if you want, you can go outside and sing and dance in the rain. That's always possible too. 

“Heavy rains and a good book. A perfect extravagance.” 

― Carew Papritz
You are also really emotional, rain - you provide for a lot of tear-gerkers. In fact, there's this famous quote by Charlie Chaplin in which he says that he likes walking in the rain so no-one can see him crying. (Apparently Rowan Atkinson said this too once, but he was probably just quoting Charlie Chaplin - who forgot to copyright his quote.) There are several scenes in cinema with you, Mr Rain, in it - which make me choke up a Whole Lot.

Molly Gibson and Roger Hamely's proposal is an example, but the classic example is Eponine's death scene in Les Miserables - and her gorgeous rain-filled solo, On My Own

"There's nothing in the world that compares to the feel and smell of brand-new rain." 

— Colleen Hoover
Furthermore, my dear Mr Rain, you smell amazingly. You make the earth smell amazing; you make the earth bring forth fruit - you make the flowers grow, the blossom colour, the trees green and the fruit ripen. In retrospect, you give us books - because without trees there wouldn't be books, and without you there wouldn't be trees. And you give us chocolate, because without cocoa beans and milk there wouldn't be chocolate, and without you there wouldn't be cocoa beans, and without cows there wouldn't be milk, and without you there wouldn't be cows alive on earth. 

You are amazing, Mr Rain, and you do, quite frankly, not deserve all the hate comments and bullying you receive daily. I promise I never sang 'Rain, rain, Go to Spain' when I was a little girl, and I promise I never shall. Seriously, there are so many people who yearn for some raindrops, so I know it's foolish to complain when you're so gracious to bestow my country with your showers of generosity.

Finally and most importantly, without you, my darling and dearest Mr Rain, there would be no rainbows, and that would make the world a very sad place indeed. (And without you, one wouldn't be in need of umbrellas - and umbrellas are pretty darn cute objects of shelter.)


Do you like rain?
(Say yes.)

60 comments:

  1. (I was expecting a Monthly Challenge post. :P)
    I feel silly to have to ask this, but WHAT is the title from? ;D
    Do I like rain? Yes. I do! Unfortunately, we don't get enough of it here, in Australia. It hasn't rained PROPERLY (like more than a brief little sprinkling) for months and months and months. It's dry. It's ugly. It needs rain. And I've missed rain - I've missed it for all the reasons you mentioned. :)
    Which were all very good reasons, although admittedly I got a little lost during your explanation of rain making chocolate and milk...(I'm studying a book for school, called The Fallacy Detective - about logic - maybe you'd like to read it? ;P)
    Oh, and I am VERY familiar with that Doctor Seuss book. ;D
    And you mentioned Les Miserables?! *happy sniffles* And you called On My Own gorgeous - haha, see? SEE?! ;P
    Oh, you used the word petrichor. :D
    I know, rain always makes you feel dreamy and pretend-your're-in-a-movie mood. At least, for me it does. :D
    This is completely out of order (excuse me - I should be in bed, it's nearing 11 PM and everyone's asleep, so I'm trying to hurry and my brain is spinning) but I laughed a lot when you wrote the part about your French class complaining about the weather, "{in French}". Hahaha.
    Oh, oh, and you forgot about the Professor and Jo March's proposal scene "Under the Umbrella"!! :D One of the best parts of that (most beloved) book!
    I'm sure there was something I was going to say, but I must be off. Cheerio!
    ~Miss Meg
    P.S. If I think of what it was, I'l be sure to come back tomorrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Oh yes, I have to do that. :-))

      So the title is a line from the song 'Singing in the Rain.' :-) "I'm singing in the rain - what a glorious feeling, I'm happy again."
      Aw, I'm sorry you haven't had much rain! Poor you. :-(
      Ha, sorry you got lost during that explanation. :-/ Why yes, I think On My Own is very gorgeous. (I DO like Les Mis, by the way. It's just not the best musical ever, in my opinion. :-D)

      Oh yes! Jo and the Professor! I forgot about them. :-/

      ~ Naomi

      Delete
  2. Yes! I do like rain. My dad says it's because I'm a teenager, and teenagers are supposed to like gloomy things, but that's not why. I love rain because it is beautiful, (even when it makes mud, mum) and brings much needed moisture. Rain is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, rain IS lovely. (And no, not just because we're teenagers! *shakes heads at Dads*) :-P

      Delete
  3. I LOVE rain. Yes, most definitely yes. In Spring, when it rains, I often can't help but run outside and dance in the rain (much to the disgust and "you're ridiculous" looks of my siblings...) And when it rains in Winter, it makes for a lovely background to reading, baking, &c. Whatever might happen to fit. I heartily agree with everything in this post! Beloved rain!
    (Also, very good points you made with all those couples made because of rain. Just yes. And I also completely, wholeheartedly agree that the rain in the "proposal scene" in Fake P&P was utterly ridiculous. But at least we understand it wasn't Mr. Rain's fault, it was the producers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But at least we understand it wasn't Mr. Rain's fault, it was the producers. <<< YES. :-)

      Delete
  4. Well...... Living where I do in the state of Oregon, we get a lot of rain most of the year. I confess I don't necessarily like it. I would like a little more balance, such as rain one day and sunny the next. I could live with that. :)In my case, I guess that familiarity breeds contempt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can definitely understand why it would become tiring. :-D

      Delete
  5. This is SUCH a darling post, Naomi!! :) I do like rain (especially after reading this). ;) It can be gloomy sometimes depending on my mood, but all the points you made were so right. It IS romantic. And beautiful. And fresh and lovely. And I love the pictures you painted of coming in from the rain, getting all dry and warm, and curling up with a book and a hot drink. Just deliciousness.

    "Dear Mr Rain, people say you are wet. Which, I cannot deny is a fact with extremely reliable sources as you are the very thing; wet." Haha! Love that. And your remark about P&P '05!!! Hahaha!

    Very good point. What would Liesl and Maria, Marianne and Elinor, Emma and Miss Taylor, and ALL of them have done without rain?! A sunny day would have been a tragedy in those cases!

    "...for all of cinema's most epic love scenes are in the rain. (Except Mr Darcy's proposal in P&P05. That was just silly, Mr Rain.)" Hahahaha! Well put!! I like that. :)

    "But then The Cat comes in (which is really creepy if you think about it)" Hahaha! (I feel like I'm laughing at everything. Sorry if I'm being repetitive.) But you're right. It is kind of creepy. Can you imagine a big old cat with a red and white hat walking into YOUR house unannounced? That would be WEIRD! ;)

    Oh, yes! Emotional! I love the emotion of a steady, drizzly rain. It's so inspiring. If I had a window seat and could sit in it all day while the rain pattered on the window outside, I think THEN I could get a lot of writing done. ;)

    I like your list of all the things you can do on a rainy day. "...make scrapbooks, read blog posts and I know not what!" And I'm hearing Mr. Bingley's voice with that last line. Was his quote in your mind when you wrote that?

    I REALLY liked this post! Well done, Naomi! :D Mr Rain has a true friend in you, that's clear to see.

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MISS MARCH. Gahh, your comment made me really, really happy! No, no, I love it when you quote me and laugh at stuff. That's like, my-day-made-kind-of-comments. :-)

      Right? A huge cat with a huge hat... UM OKAY. COME IN. :-P

      Why yes! I DID have Mr Bingley's quote in mind. I can't think of 'I know not what' without hearing his voice. :-)

      Delete
  6. Do I like rain?

    Mmmmmmmmmmmm . . . not sure. Yes, I think I can say I like rain. I prefer steady, gentle rain, though--which we don't usually get here in the South, we get huge deluges; and THAT, my dear, is not fun. Especially if you have to tramp all over an enormous campus in it. While wearing uncomfortable rain-boots and carrying two bags full of books.

    But yeah. As long as I can stay inside and LISTEN to the rain instead of feeling it, I like it.

    (I also like P&P 05. But you already knew that. ;-) )

    Ohhhhhhhhh . . . I LOVE the rain scene in S&S 08. It was beautiful. It just WAS. I defy anybody to say it was not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rain is more lovable when you're located Inside. I Agree. :-)

      The rain scene in S&S08 was beautiful. (Although kind of a shameless occasion for the film-makers to make sure the movie has a 'wet shirt.' Bleh.) (No but I really do like that scene.)

      Delete
    2. Actually, I was originally referring to the Marianne-and-Colonel-Brandon rain scene. (Wouldn't you know it? ;-) ) But of course I love the Edward-and-Elinor one TOO. It's another one of my favorites from film.

      It wasn't quite as bad as the other "wet shirt" scene, I don't think--it seemed more natural somehow. Also, he wasn't QUITE as wet.

      But yeah . . . I more like it for the emotions. It's incredibly how much feeling the actors were able to put into that scene.

      Delete
  7. I love rain. It's a gloomy day right now and it might rain later. I like sunshine but rain has always been my favorite. And I love thunderstorms. Oh, and when you fall asleep at night listening to the pitter-patter of the raindrops on your roof. It makes your covers feel *especially* cozy. :)

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH YES. WHEN IT RAINS IN THE NIGHT. Best nights ever. (When I was little, I always wondered why on earth the Von Trapp kids were scared, ha.)

      Delete
  8. You know what's really sad? Whenever I randomly ask someone "Hey, you wanna go sing and dance in the rain?", I get nothing but askance glances and confusion. NAOMI WHY CAN'T WE VISIT EACH OTHER AND BE PLUVIOPHILES TOGETHER?!

    *sigh* Oh, well. Anyway, this post was beautiful and brilliant and true and YES. I wuvs rain. I admit, I can ooccasionally get tired of it if it's one of those indifferent rains. I prefer it to be a pelting rainstorm or a nice, tinkling rain, but if it's one of those that can't seem to make up its mind, I do prefer the sunshine ;)

    But yes. This post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH YES OLIVIA. WE MUST BE PLUVIOPHILES TOGETHER. :-)

      Sunshine is lovely too, but as long as you like rain, we're friends. :-P

      Delete
  9. I LOVE THIS.

    (Awww, I inspired you, how nice. That makes me feel very happy and inspire-ing.)

    Though perhaps I don't love it quite as much as you do, I've always been fond of rain. Farmers usually are. ;-P Because, well, rain is life. And it makes the flowers grow. And, like you pointed out, it is the setting of many a romantic proposal...Eden Day and Cabot Murray in Yankee Stranger maybe never would have met if it hadn't been for a well-timed thunderstorm. (Which by the way, you NEED TO READ THAT BOOK.) Sarah and Caleb and Anna would have had to stay in Maine if the rain hadn't come to the prairie in Skylark. And like Miss Meg mentioned, Jo and Professor Bhaer's umbrella scene wouldn't be as romantic because, well, there'd be no umbrella. (And thus no premise for the song 'A Small Umbrella in the Rain' in the Little Women musical, which is beautiful.)

    I just remembered there's actually a country song called 'Rain is a Good Thing'. But I don't know if you'd like it. ;-P

    ~Emma

    P.S. I love the word dryth. It shall be added to my dictionary and I intend to use it forthwith. Just one thing: how do you pronounce it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know - Farmers HAVE to like rain. :-) (I WILL read that book.) Oh yes, SKYLARK!!! :-) Gah, those Sarah Plain and Tall books. <3

      Dryth is pronounced just like the word 'dry' with 'th' at the end. SIMPLE. :-)

      Delete
  10. Oh yes, I wholeheartedly agree! Rain is a positively wondrous, fantastical, deliciously cold, and amazing thing! :D
    I know a few people who would also be quick to agree. So you're not the only one who loves rain! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOD. I'm glad we can be pluviophiles together, Megs! :-)

      Delete
  11. Ooh, this was great! I sing that song a lot when it's raining. :) I so much prefer it rain than it be lightly overcast. If it's going to be dark and cloudy, I'd like some pitter-patter on the windows as well. And petrichor is a perfect word for that smell, it looks and sounds just like the smell!
    And your reasons are all very good; I agree entirely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - which is why I like rain, because I like the song. :-)
      I know right? I love the word 'petrichor.' I'd never heard of it before.

      Delete
  12. I do NOT like rain! Sorry, chum! I find it dull, cold, inconvenient, and it almost always turns my umbrella inside-out. I am a cranky rain-goer. If I could sit indoors with candles lit & simply enjoy the hum of it and the warm lelting press against my window glass, I'd like it. But alas, I have to attempt to walk around university in it, with the mud everywhere & cars spraying you right and left, and sometimes it's so think I can't see, and I can't possibly hold my umbrella while holding all my books, and when everyone has an umbrella (and naturally we all do) there isn't room enough for us all, so some parties end up in the gutter with the fish. I would exchange the smell of rain for the smell of a flower, and all the wilting leaves for a high sun any day. Although, I do like a rainbow. Those are my entirely honest work-a-day thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just rereading my list for the Happy Tag, which I posted before my note here, and it appears I listed rain as something that makes me happy.

      I retract my remarks. :)

      * fickle *

      Delete
    2. Haha, Jillian! SEE. RAIN IS NICE!!! :-)
      (I definitely understand why it can be annoying though. :-P)

      Delete
  13. Haha!
    I've never thought of rain his way- or the situations it may cause in a positive way :D
    I live in WA, which is known for it's rainy weather. I am a summer girl, so I find it a bit tiresome at times, but I only can really say I dislike it when I am wanting to do activities/projects outside. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, see? I'm glad I pointed out to you that rain Can Be a Very Positive thing. :-)

      Delete
  14. Oh my goodness! :) I love the rain. I go for walks in the rain. It's so fun and the air is so fresh. I love to open my front door and stand on the front porch and watch it rain. Rainbows are delightful. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often to rain walks - but I SHOULD because it sounds wonderful! :-)

      Delete
  15. Ahhhhh, Naomi!! I loved this post SO MUCH. 'Cause I just love rain, so MUCH. Of course when one has a drawing class and just did an ink drawing that's not dry so can't put away in a portfolio and has to carry it to the car, dashing among the water droplets, it's a little hard, but I still love rain. It's wonderful to work to, any sort of work. "Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain, pitter patter, pitter patter . . ." I love that song :)

    AND THAT CAT IN THE HAT BOOK. It's been a favorite of mine ALL MY LIFE. Dad used to read it to me when I was a tiny girl :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the rhythm of the rain... :-) What song is that? I don't know it. (I'll look it up.)

      SAME. Well, when I was little I used to CONSTANTLY listen to the hilarious audio version of it - in fact, we have video record that my older brother could ramble off the whole book by heart before he could even read. :-) I really know it by heart, ha. (Suddenly something went BUMP. How that bump made us jump!)

      Delete
    2. "The Rhythm of The Rain" by the Cascades. It's actually kind of sad, but I like it anyway, 'cause I'm weird like that . . . ;)

      I know it by heart too!

      Delete
  16. I quite like rain (I bought Alexander McCall Smith's 'Right attitude to rain' for that reason- and then told my now-husband about it and we sat in the rain in the arboretum just before we got together huddled up together sitting talking on a bench and it was very romantic!
    I only don't like it when I am on my way somewhere with inadequate clothing and I know I am going to sit there getting damp and itchy in my drying clothes!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, see! Rain is so romantic. :-)
      Yes, I know - it CAN be annoying. :-) BUT IT'S ROMANTIC. :-)

      Delete
  17. I love rain and rainy days! I prefer it infinitely to wind, haha. (Although rain can be very hard when you're getting books from the book drop at a library. That is one of the few times where I would like it not to rain. :P)

    "I would much rather be responsible for the rain. ...Rain brings life."
    "...So does the sun."
    "Be quiet!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Rain can be annoying, but in the whole I love it. :-) (And hey, Wind Is Extremely Cosy When One Is Inside. We must not forget brother wind.)

      I LOVE that quote. :-)

      Delete
  18. I LOVE THE RAIN SO MUCH!!! (This has given me an idea for a monsoon/dust storm post!)
    Rain is wet so you can go swimming without a pool. And wet walks are so much better than dry ones. Unless you have to shield your phone...
    ROGER'S RAIN PROPOSAL!!! So much yessssss!!!!
    I've never heard Rain, rain go to Spain before! We always said "Rain, rain, go away/Come again some other day". Or It's raining/It's pouring/The old man is snoring/He went to bed/And bumped his head/And didn't get up in the morning. Welcome to the land of weird American nursery rhymes...
    I loved this post! Especially the title!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNEW YOU LOVED RAIN!! :-) (I know, there are some annoying things about rain, but in the whole I love it.)
      Really? Ours is, "Rain, rain go to Spain - never come back again." :-P

      Delete
  19. I know I'm rather late... BUT SEEING THIS POST MADE ME SO HAPPY.This was utterly enchanting, Naomi! I LOVE rain!

    "You wouldn't be an adventure, you wouldn't be cosy," that part you wrote is YES INDEED. ( OK, can you guess I'm a little excited here?;)) I love watching movies when it's raining or reading a delicious, cosy book with comfy clothes. Rain makes ordinary things special, and more, somehow.

    That last picture!<3<3 "Really? Where I'm standing the sun is shining all over me." <3 Gene Kelly <3

    ~Rilla Blythe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Rilla! I'm glad you love rain, too. :-)
      Rain makes ordinary things special, and more, somehow. YEP. I agree. (It's raining right now, actually + my room is SO cosy. :-))

      Delete
  20. I LOVE RAIN! We had a whole week of no rain and I was missing rain soo badly. I love cuddling on my bed or couch with a hot drink and reading. I LOVE your post because I'm tired of hearing everyone moan when it rains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME. So many people moan about it, right? :-P

      Delete
  21. Would you like it to rain on your wedding day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA, dear Anonymous. :-D :-D Wellll - no. Wedding days, what with the white dress and the photoshoots and the high heels and all that, are indubitably better with The Sun. (But I would make the most of it if it did rain. :-P)

      Delete
    2. Oh really? That's disappointing. Can't your darling Mr Rain come to your wedding? Your hair will get curly, your clothes will get wet (which is a nice thing), you can use pretty umbrellas, you'll be snug and cosy and you can even do singing and dancing in the rain! You will also have the most gorgeous smell of rain and maybe even a beautiful rainbow! Wouldn't that be so romantic? Come on, I thought you loved rain!
      One more question and then I'll stop bothering you. Do you think rain is suitable for a funeral?

      Delete
    3. I do love rain. Your comment makes me want a rainy wedding. :-) And funerals? Pfft, I don't know. Funerals are so sad the weather is little thought of, I assume. (You ask tricky questions! ;-D)

      What are your opinions on our dear Mr Rain? I have the feeling you Don't Like It Much, do you? :-) And don't worry about bothering me! I like comments.

      ~ Naomi

      Delete
  22. I think a funeral would be better with rain, like the sky is weeping.
    I live in a country where it rains a lot. It is raining here where I am as usual. What about where you live?
    I love the sun. It makes everybody happy. I see your point though about the cosiness of rain.
    Fun discussing with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rains a lot here, too. I love the sun, but I love the rain as well. :-) (The rain just gets a lot of Hate, therefore I wanted to defend it. :-) But I really love the sun, too. :-D) The Sun definitely is very happy. :-)

      Delete
    2. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. We grumble and detest the rain because we always have it but people in hot areas welcome it with open arms.
      I know you like the queen, so this one is for you:
      "What's the queen's favourite precipitation? Reign!"
      I don't intend to go on and on, so enough about this subject. Next post about our darling Mrs Sun maybe?

      Delete
    3. Yeah, exactly.
      Haha, very funny pun! :-) Do you live in England? Or America? (Or somewhere else.. :-))
      Ha, well my sister said I had to do a post on Mrs Sun, too. :-) I might.

      Delete
    4. I actually live in Waterloo(in Belgium). You know, where Wellington defeated Napoleon. What about you? Where do you live?

      Delete
    5. OH MY GOODNESS ANONYMOUS! So do I!!!! :-O (It's sunny right now, right?)

      Delete
    6. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm only your boring mum!!!
      :-)

      Delete
    7. HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  23. Oh huzzah!!! Someone else who likes rain better than sun!!

    I always feel I am endlessly odd for preferring rain... But I do. And nobody understands except you my dear Naomi. I'm so glad!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I am the kind of person who ditches my shoes in the rain and splashes around in puddles, and then returns to the house hours later shivering, and makes hot chocolate. It doesn't get any better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my....59 comments!! :D
    I. Love. This. Post.
    There was so much utter perfection in this that I can't dream of highlighting it all, but you had me smiling and laughing (in agreement) more than once.
    Rain is so beautiful! And -gasp- that's so true! Why is tidying your room so fun when it's raining?
    I never thought about that before...rain gives us books. I'll have to remember to tell people that. (you should copyright your quote ;))
    I can understand where rain could get tiring after awhile, but I do adore rain and I can't wait until it starts raining here. :) Springtime and all that.
    Lovely, LOVELY post, Naomi! :D

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.