Thursday, 8 May 2014

Top ten Movies

1. Pride and Prejudice (1995)
As most of you probably know, Pride and Prejudice 1995 is my all-time favourite movie ever. It will always be, you just wait and see! I hardly have anything bad to say about this movie. The actors are brilliant, the costumes and scenery are brilliant, the music is beautiful and everything else is perfect as well. Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle are perfect in their famous roles as Elizabeth and Darcy. I am very proud to be one of the many P&P95 fans.
If you haven't seen this movie, you are definitely missing something out! This witty and charming movie is a must see for everyone. You can read my enthusiastic review here.

 
2. Emma (2009)
The 2009 adaption of Jane Austen's Emma starring the talented Romola Garai and the handsome Johnny Lee Miller is bright, lively and extremely diverting. The costumes are to die for, and scenery is simply delightful. I fell in love with Mr Knightley from the first moment I watched it- therefore my fandom!


3. Downton Abbey
Filled this an endless amount of lovely characters, witty cast, amazing scenery and the beautifullest clothes in the world, the Downton Abbey series is and will stay one of my all-time favourites. Seriously, one can find all we want in Downton. Romantic heroes (Matthew Crawley :-), beautiful heroines, dances, music- everything!
Emma, Sadie and I have recently started up a blog for our shared Downton Abbey fandom. You can visit it here.


4. The Kings Speech
Upon recently re-watching this gripping and moving true story, I suddenly realised how much I loved the Kings Speech. Sadly, there are a lot of bad words in this movie, but for the rest I cannot find anything wrong with it. It makes me cry, it makes me laugh.
And, better still, both Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle act in it! Although not a couple in this movie, it was so nice to see Darcy and Elizabeth together again!


 5. Wives and Daughters (1999)
I have watched Wives and Daughters several times, and each time again I love it dearly! Molly is as sweet as a heroine can be, the costumes are amazing and the scenery is breath-taking. This is my favourite Elizabeth Gaskell movie and book!

6. Sense and Sensibility (1995)
Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet are perfect in their roles as Eleanor and Marianne. Sense and Sensibility is another lovely Jane Austen story, with another very witty script (by Emma Thompson) and very good actors.
The costumes are very nice, although not brilliantly outspoken. The music is beautiful, and the in the whole, this movie is a delight to watch.

7. Cranford
Cranford will always delight me. It's many characters, story plots, twists and turns, never fail to charm its viewers. When I watched this movie first, I remember being so annoyed whenever an episode ended, because I always wanted to know what was coming next!!!
I have (sadly) not yet been able to watch Cranford's almost-as-famous sequel 'Return to Cranford', but I look forward to it with great anticipation!

8. Pollyanna (2003)
This charming adaption of Pollyanna, the cheerful girl who finds that ever cloud has a silver lining, is beautiful, moving and absolutely perfect. It's a great favourite in our family.
What I especially like in the version is firstly that David Bamber plays in it, and that there's a romantic story between Nancy, the lovely maid, and Tom, the servant. It's such a sweet romance. Of course, Pollyanna and the story in general is beautiful as well. It's a must-see!

9. Anne of Green Gables
Of course. No list is complete without this lovely classic. AnnE of Green Gables, is a beautiful movie, a wonderful story. Enchanted by Anne's world since I was very young, this story has inspired me in many ways in my life. It will definitely continue to do so!

10. Lark Rise to Candleford
Upon recently viewing the first season of this delightful series for the first time, I have become quite a fan. My beloved Julia Sawalha acts in it, and many other known actors act in this as well. I am very much looking forward to watching the next series!
 
Other Movies I enjoyed:
Amazing Grace
The Sound of Music
Mary Poppins
The Fiddler on the Roof
North and South
Jeeves and Wooster
Northanger Abbey
Martin Chuzzlewit
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Little House on the Prairie
Gone with the Wind
My Fair Lady
Pickwick Papers
The Secret Garden
The Borrowers
Heidi
The Railway Children
 
Movies I want to see:
Too much.

2 comments:

  1. How delightful! I too love 'The King's Speech', 'Pride and Prejudice' and 'Sense and Sensibility'! What wonderful films! but I had no idea that Jennifer Ehle was in 'The King's Speech'! Thinking back on it, I can picture her though, and I now wonder how both my mother and I never spotted it! I keep reading about this 'Wives and Daughters', and intend to watch it as soon as I can get my hands on a copy!
    ~ Danielle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Post Naomi!
    Yay! The Kings Speech! I love that film and I will admit that I teared up when I saw Colin and Jennifer together again (even if it is for one scene)

    Downton Yes! I agree wholeheartedly there! :)

    Anne of Green Gables.. I love that film too! Gilbert <3 and I think my whole family is annoyed at me for having a marathon with all three movies hehe

    I am watching Sense and Sensibility today.. I also have the soundtrack on my ipod! :D prepare for a gushy review maybe.. if I can get around to it what with preparing for school and pintrest....

    ~Evie (Mrs Brandon)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.