Guess what I'm going to see tonight?


Yes, THAT'S IT. I'M GOING TO GO AND SEE LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP ON "THE BIG SCREEN"!!! :-)

I rarely go and watch stuff on 'the big screen' (last time was Belle 2013 which was AMAAAAAZING and I cried) (and I stop using italics now, because gosh, annoying right) - and I rarely see Jane Austen movies that are BRAND NEW and I've never seen an adaptation of Lady Susan - SO I AM EXCITED YES. (Also, have I anticipated this movie for more than a year now? I think so.)

It happened like this: Last Sunday, when we went to Church, I saw Love and Friendship was in the big city cinema there. I freaked out and said I had to watch it. Problem being: that cinema is not very close home, and also, it's a huge-popular-cinema so ticket is expensive, hello. Back home, it went on to the website of our 'little' (it's not bad, though! I do love it) local cinema and WAAAHHHH Love and Friendship is there, too! Jane Austen is everywhere AND THIS IS SO MUCH FUN.

I was going to see it, I said. Mhm, yeah, I said. 

But then I saw it was only going to show two more times. Yesterday evening, and this evening. I freaked out with Mama, because that's what mothers are for, right. I don't know why I freaked out, because it was fine - it was still showing! - I could go!

But there was ONE more problem. (This is my life. ONE more little problem. :-P SO TYPICAL.) My Mum couldn't go with me because it was late and she needed to be home and take care of the lil' ones (Daddy is off to England for a few days with one of my brothers, you see), so I needed to find another chauffeur. (And no, I wasn't going to cycle to it. Who feels like cycling at 10 o'clock in the evening when you've just seen a probably-amazing Jane Austen movie in the cinema?!)

My older brother, nice as he is, thought the idea was an absolute waste of money. He doesn't hate Jane Austen, but he obviously thought it wasn't worth it. (Sometimes boys are weird.) But my mother expressed a novelty idea. She suggested I'd email this couple at Church who live kind of nearby, and ask them if they wanted to come with us. (Two of my siblings are going to watch it with me.) You see folks, they love Jane Austen too. I wrote to them, and they replied in like, two seconds with a yes. (I bet they're just as excited as meeee. :-P)

So anyways - boring story time over. :-P The message of this blog post is: I'm GOING TO SEE LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP!!!! :-)

20 comments:

  1. NO.WAY. I am too!!! I will email you after and we can gush together! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SERIOUSLY?!!!! That's so cool! We'll talk tomorrow. :-)

      Delete
  2. How exciting!!! I always wanted to go to the premiere of Love & Friendship,but as you already said, tickets are expensive. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! This isn't the premiere, so the tickets weren't that expensive. I'm really lucky!

      Delete
  3. Yay for you!! :D And haha, aren't those little coincidental incidents so thrilling?! I think so.

    I'm hoping to go to the movies in the next week or so to watch a movie I've been waiting for for over a year - Jason Bourne. ;D Super stoked for that!

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hey I forgot to ask you... I was flicking through the DVDs at our library today (I was looking for ones on my to-see list, but none were there) and I found "The Theory of Everything". I had HEARD about it, although I didn't know much about it. Still, it had Eddie Redmayne in it. That was enough to convince me. ;P What did you think of the movie? Is it alright? My family know less than I do about it, hehe. ;)

      ~Meg

      Delete
    2. Thanks!

      Well, TToE was GOOD and Eddie was amaaazing, but it wouldn't be the first movie I'd recommend, no. There's some themes in it that I'm not crazy about - and there's a big plot around Jane (his wife) getting married someone else, which I don't like. (Also, the main character does not believe in God and he talks about it often. That made me like it slightly less. :-P) I didn't watch all of it because I was getting tired on the plane, but most of it that I saw is very good despite those things I mentioned. I cried at several points. :-P
      So yes- it's up to you. :-P

      Delete
    3. Okay, thankee kindly, ma'am, for that. I shall keep it in mind. (I have been told that Stephen Hawking isn't actually a very nice person in real life, and that he is very much opposed to Christians.) If we have a good opportunity to watch it, I probably will watch it, and if I do I'll tell you what I thought of it. :)

      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
  4. GAH lucky!! This movie looks AMAZING. On the subject of literary films, have you seen the Kenneth Branagh version of Much Ado About Nothing? It's incredibly wonderlicious. ("The world must be peopled!" "'Against my will I am sent to call you in to dinner'...there's a double meaning in that.) (Also I hope you've seen it because I'm a bit obsessed with their matchy jackets: https://de.pinterest.com/pin/17099673560755264/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooo, I haven't - BUT I REALLY WANT TO. :-D

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh, that sounds awesome. I hope you had an amazing time! You MUST tell us all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!!! Have a great time, and tell us ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL about it when you get home!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you!! We are a bit too backwoodsy to get it in our theater. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WANT TO GO TOO PLEASE LET ME COME ILL QUICKLY GET ON A PLANE I PROMISE *sobs in corner*
    Promise to do a review post!! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OKAY. COME. We're leaving to the cinema in an hour. Come quiiick.

      Delete
  9. Oh, oh, pleeease let me know if it is worth watching. I'm hoping it's good, but am also scared. And, did you know that there will be, (I don't know when), a movie version of Sanditon. I'm so excited about that! I know Jane Austen didn't finish it, but some other people have, and they're basing it off of the one that I own, and I love the way it was finished, and I hope they don't wreck the movie!!!

    Have fun!
    Kendra (or Lizzy or Anne)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, well I hope you're enjoying it. I saw it a month or so ago and liked it well enough. It's fun seeing it is being the beginning of a stellar writing career.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds wonderful!!! :) Are't theaters the best?!? :)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.