The importance of what is important.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.{Philippians 4:8-9}

NOT IMPORTANT:
- That thing that person said.
- Whether or not you are wearing make-up.
- Whether or not you wrote 1000 words in 30 mins like you used to do.
- Beauty.
- Whether you look your age or not.
- All of us. Just me. Not important. Take a step back and reflect in humility.
- Fashion.
- That look you got. Forget about it.
- Whether or not it's raining or sunny. Just be thankful.
- That other people seem 10x more confident.
- That you got C's.
- Basically millions of things.

IMPORTANT:
- God.
- Following His rules.
- Praising Him.
- Loving others.
- Forgiving others.
- Bible
- Patience
- Faith
- Joy
- Hope
- LOVE
- Just, all the fruits of the spirit.
- Jesus / God

Please remember this: All the things of this world add to NOTHING and the word of the Lord stands FOREVER.

16 comments:

  1. Is it just me, or do I feel like you've slightly changed the little 'post a comment' encouragement thing? No? Okay. It's just me.

    Well, I enjoyed your post, Naomi, although yes, it was a bit short. ;P

    All I could do was nod my head to this, and wish everyone in the world could read this right now, especially teenagers. For some reason make-up, beauty, and looking your age (+ all the other things you mentioned) is a terribly big deal to most teenagers. I just wish they'd realize that it isn't. (Kinda preaching to myself a bit here...) And that they'd see what truly is important.

    Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ~Miss Meg

    P.S. I find it kinda funny that your most popular post is the one for boys. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach it, sistah :-)

    Seriously, this is very true, and very important. Thanks so much for reminding all of us <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES YES. This is perfect!

    ps. That photo of the daisies is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Yes. Yes. AMEN SISTA.<3 It's depressing how easily we can get caught up in the superficial. And the pressure our society puts on us to always think of our looks and such. And if you're truly trying to work on your character, and you've got your priorities right, I don't think aging will be the worst thing ever, unlike what we absorb from all the ads. Sorry, I hope that's clear.

    Thanks for the reminder.:)

    ~Rilla Blythe

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN!!!
    Thank you for this. It's such a good reminder of what's true and good.
    -A Friendly Ghost

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS IS TRUTH.

    Thaaaaaank you so much for this, Naomi. You're speaking for me too. :-) These are the important things and you just reminded me of them all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TRUUUUUUE. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this! <3
    Just yesterday I was running a loop in my head of an embarrassing moment, and seeing this helped set me straight again. There are definitely more important things for me to be focusing on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this post, Naomi. I just needed that reminder. God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Naomi! It's been a while since I last commented on your blog, but I still read all of your blog posts, which come into my inbox.

    I really liked your post. It reminded me of what is important in life and how I forget how important God is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! This was lovely. Thank you so much, Naomi! This is definitely something we need to be reminded of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately. NOTHING is as important as Jesus. Nothing. So whenever I'm tempted to get stressed out about stuff or annoyed about little, petty things, I just remind myself of Who is in control. :) Thanks so much for this post!

    ~Eva

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.