Yesterday my mum and I were laughing about how I have such a long Wish List. And yes, a large majority of the stuff on there are - guessitguessitguessit - books. Books are life. (Words are life, Liesl.) I love books, I LOVE THEM I LOVE THEM. Seriously, I could not live without books.
They make me soooo happy.
So of course I need new ones. :-P At least, like ten. Because I have SO much room left in my bookcase. (That last sentance was sarcastic. But those other sentences about having ten new ones weren't. I totally need more than ten new books.)
So, are you ready?
Oh yeah, that's on my wishlist too. Time. (Wouldn't it be nice if you could buy that? I would love to be able to buy time. I'd buy a lot of free time. :-D)
1. Books I already have, but want to re-buy because of the beautiful new covers.
JUST LOOK AT THE BEAUTY OF THESE COVERS.
I just can't. (I mean, I can LOOK at them. Seriously, all I can do is look at them. They're so beautiful and ahhh, I want to buy them allll.) I'm especially considering to buy the Anne books. I have a copy of Anne of Green Gables, with Megan Fellows on the front, but it's so tattered and crumpled - I really need a new one. (Plus, I yesterday discovered that Emma has that beautiful Anne of Green Gables copy, so I'm freaking out with jealousy. Haha.) I also have a Rilla of Ingleside copy, but it's a rather cheap one - the cover seriously looks like some kind of ghost story.
And that Jane Eyre cover. OH OH OH. These are all so cryingly beautiful. I have such a weakness for covers.
This is me reading Rilla of Ingleside. :-( Yeah, I REALLY need that purple Rilla of Ingleside copy. Tell me I need it, peeps - you give me confidence, you know. I need someone to tell me rush over to Amazon and pop some things in 'The Basket.' :-P
I'll listen to you. :-P
2. Books I have on kindle/ read but not own and wish to own for realsies.
Ah. The Sweetest Thing. I've read this book twice and I LOVE it, but I don't actually own a copy. I bought it last year, but not for myself - I sent it to America as a Christmas present for my very best of friends, Emma. Soooo. I need to buy it again. (If you're looking for a present for your friends - 'The Sweetest Thing' is a lovely book about friendship. Highly recommended.)
And the other books I have on my kindle - but I NEED to have them. Like, I hardly have any Montgomery books to hold and to turn pages of.
Also, which classics-geek DOESN'T have To Kill a Mockingbird in their bookshelf? See? I need one.
Yeah, I also want a library. You're not alone.
3. Books I haven't read and want to buy.
Sooo. I have MILLIONS of books I haven't read that I want to, so don't think I only have eight. In fact, my Goodreads page tells me I have 110 books on my To-Read list. (Which says a lot, because I'm very careful about quickly clicking on 'Want to Read'.)
But yeah, these here are some.
1. I want to read Fly Away Home because I've heard so much about it and because I love Rachel Heffington's writing style from her blog and because HEY THE GORGEOUS COVER. (Let me die.)
2. I want to read Jubilee Trail because I loved 'Celia Garth' and I simply NEED to read more of Gwen Bristow's books.
3. Fifteen, I will probably never buy, because it's far to easy for me, plus it's about a teenage romantic relationship - but it looks so vintage and cute, and I want to read it.
4. I've heard so much about Ain't we got Fun' and also, I loooove the cover. And the whole idea.
5. I want to read I will always write back sooo badly because it's about a LETTER RELATIONSHIP. I've decided I love letter relationship books so much. :-)
6. I NEED to read True Grit because.... Emma. :-)
7. Eva has always told me I really need to read Jack Cavanaugh's books - and I really need to, she's right. Dear Enemy looks like the one that I would enjoy the most.
8. Aaaaand of course. I have to read The book of The year, Go Set a Watchman.
.... For starters. :-P
I NEED THIS BOOKSHELF.
(Seriously, if you're a boy and you're interested in me - the way I'll maybe start being interested in you is by making these bookshelves for me.) :-P