Testament of Youth - that pre-gushing post


GUYS.

GUYS.

*insert about three million squeals and about three million tears both of sadness and heart-feelsies and joy* Have you heard about this new movie?!!! Have you?! Have you? It's called 'Testament of Youth' and it's seriously one the way to become like, my favourite movie ever (after P&P. Haha.) I want to watch it sooo badly. Just as bad as I want to see 'Cinderella' and 'A Royal Night out' and all those other movies I keep on gushing about before having seen the movie. Because that's how I do things, just in case you didn't notice. I gush about movies before actually watching them. I have quite a lot of pre-gushing posts on here. *giggle*


Seriously, this movie is going to be perfect. The sneak-peak scenes and the wow-factor trailer and all the gorgeous-swamped pictures and screencaps are already giving me serious issues. I'm having butterflies of the sheer beauty and sadness of this movie.

I JUST WANT TO WATCH IT. Okay?!!!


I believe I have like, really vaguely talked about this movie on another post of mine (or probably just some pre-pre-squealing in the comments) but it has only SERIOUSLY started - my want-to-see-ness, that is - these last few days. I've discovered it looks like exactly the kind of movie where I will cry my head off whilst watching it - the kind of movie I'm going to over-and-over-think about like crazy. The kind of heart-tearing with real-ness and beauty-movie.

I basically want to be Vera Brittain already.


As far as I know, the story is about a girl called Vera who wants to be a writer and goes to Oxford university. Then the First World War breaks out and, because she wants to be as close as possible to her brothers and love interest, she trains to become a nurse. SOUNDS GOOD, HUH?!! I mean, a writer. That means, I'm IN. And I love War stories - they somehow always manage charm and bewitch the life out of me. And then the romantic feels. And men in khaki uniforms! I love those war khaki uniforms.

Okay, I know this movie is going to be sad, because yeah, the War, but I'm willing to sacrifice myself for that. I just know I would love it. :)


As far as I know, there are no major sexual inappropiate-ness, but the movie is rated 13+ for bloody and gruesome war scenes - Vera being a nurse, rather a lot of wounds are being shown.

The cast is also, superb! Emily Watson (once again! She seems to be popping in every single movie recently, don't ya think?), Hayley Atwell (Cinderella, Mansfield Park), Nicholas Farrell (Amazing Grace, Chariots of Fire) and several others. The pictures of the young men look very sweet and gentlemanly, and the costumes are GORGEOUS. It's just as beautiful as Downton Abbey, you guys, historically accurate and EVERYTHING.


It's going to be gorgeous. :-) Just look at the hat! And, because of viewing the trailer and sneak-peak scenes, I know it has a beautiful darling romance, gorgeous lacy costumes, a teary good-bye scene at a railway station, a super darling brother-sister relationship,  beautiful English scenery, letters, and epic heart-moving lines and filming effects.

And quotes, too. I think it'll be very quotable.


Just look at it. I really love khaki uniforms. They make men look, like, 100 times more handsome, immediately. 

Yeah, I know it's weird of me to be SO gushing over a movie when I haven't even seen it yet, but hey, I HAVE seen the trailer and all the avaliable scenes and all the pictures on Pinterest, so I think I've tasted the general idea of the movie. It's going to be amazing, I feel it.


Have you seen this?
What are your pre-opinions?

14 comments:

  1. Wow! This does sound like a neat movie! I love when there are good brother/sister relationships in movies! And, of course, the romance! That's always delightful, too!

    The pictures you included are beautiful! Your little "pre-gushing" post has certainly made me want to watch this. :) (So long as it's not TOO gruesome.) War movies are interesting, but sometimes they depress me a little. Depends on how they're handled. Do you know if it has a happy ending? I enjoy tragedy and tears in movies, but I really like them to have a happy ending. :0

    Thanks for the post! I very much enjoyed reading it! I'm going to have to make a list of all the movies I'd like to see so I can keep track of them all.

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, well, this movie sounds utterly amazing and gorgeous and all that, but *sob* ... I'm pretty sure it's not coming to the US! Well, maybe to a few private theaters, but not any that I know of! I wish that more UK movies were released in the US more openly. I won't be able to see A Royal Night Out, either. :( You'll have to post many more pictures and descriptions after you see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! Naomiiiiii, I want to see this so baaaaaaad!!! Pleeeeease tell me if it's as good as advertised when you actually see it! I think I've heard of the book, vaguely, but I hadn't really heard of the movie. Seriously, it looks awesome. Vera is just beautiful, and the clothes and scenery--oh, my goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am squeeeelliiinnngg just reading your post!! hehe:) I haven't heard of this movie but now I am a fan!!! Going to watch the trailer right now and freak out!!! Like, WWI, 1930's, Romance, writing, nurses, soldiars....Um, YES please!!!!!!:):):)
    -Madison
    www.1minniemuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The costumes are so beautifullllll!!!!! Magnificent!

    Listen to it! "Divided by war. United by Love." How romantic is this. O.o

    I'm probably not going to be watching it since it's rated 13+, but I'm going to read the whole entire plot so it's like I've seen it. :D

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. *SCREAMS*

    This movie looks INCREDIBLE.

    I MUST SEE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it's about Vera Brittain? Didn't know that. Isn't she the one...oh wait, no, that was Iris something. Another movie. Nevermind!

    It looks SO good. Really. It's going to be gorgeous. When does it come out? We should plan to go see it at the same time (or almost the same time, as close as we can get) and then we can gush over it together!

    Emily Watson is in almost every new movie that comes out! And Miranda Richardson. They must be bringing in the bucks right now.

    This is so exciting!!!!

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks good. Really good. That last picture reminds me of a particular shot in Downton Abbey. His uniform and the color she's wearing and the train.
    I'm exited to see this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of this but I WANT TO SEE IT SO BADLY!!! When is this coming out?! I MUST GET IT. I really like war movies and this one looks amazing!!!

    "I really love khaki uniforms. They make men look, like, 100 times more handsome, immediately." hahahaha! Yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guys, your comments make me want to see this even BADDER. :-D

    Miss March, Yes I always love a lovely brother-sister relationship. This movie seems to have a very adorable one. Just ADORABLE. :-)
    Oh, I agree, war movies CAN be very depressing. I can't watch Holocaust movies - I just can't. Read books about the Holocaust, yes, just about, but movies, no. It's SO horrible.
    Well, as far as I can tell, this movie seems to have a happy ending, yes. I HOPE SO, really. I hate sad endings too.

    Abby, Oh, poor you! I'm actually pretty sure it did come in USA - but maybe I'm wrong. Well, you can buy the dvd in the future, can't you? That's probably what I'm going to end up doing - as I hardly EVER go to the movie theatres. Same with A Royal Night out - it's not in the theatres here either. :-( Better wait for a dvd then. *sigh* I promise you, if I do watch it, you may expect a review.

    Jessica, I know!!!!! It loooks so good. :-) I will DEFINITELY review it if I do watch it, don't worry. :-) And isn't Vera gorgeous?! She looks a bit familiar - I've seen her on pictures of Anna Karenina and 'A Royal Affair' I think. She's beautiful.

    Madison, I squealed a LOT when I discovered it first, too. Our interests seem to be pretty similar, then!! Only, this movie isn't set in the 1930 (I guess that was a typo?). I know, just all the themes in this movie... I'm in.

    Lydia, It's SO EPIC. Divided by war. United by love. WOW. :-D
    Haha, that sounds exactly like something I would do - read the entire plot like I've watched it. The 13+ is scaring me off too, but I'm hoping it shouldn't be too bad. I would probably close my eyes in some scenes, though.

    Eva, I'm SO GLAD YOU ARE OBSESSED TOO. :-D
    It reminds me a bit of Rilla of Ingleside, don't you think? Let's hope there's no Walter in this story.... *sob*

    Emma, It's definitely out already in the UK, (was released in Jan) and I'm pretty sure it's also out in USA. I'm not sure. It's not in the teatres here, sadly. But that's such a fun idea, us watching it kinda at the same time. Maybe we can give each other a copy of the dvd for Christmas. :-)
    I know! Miranda Richardson too! Emily Watson especially though - she's just in EVERYTHING released lately. Belle, A Royal Night out, The Book Thief, You name it...
    WE HAVE TO SEE THIS, DARLING.

    Sadie, I'm there with you! That last picture made me think of Matthew and Mary at the station IMMEDIATELY. The train station looks EXTREMELY similar too.

    Emily, Of course you like War movies... you've written a book about a War. :-) I'm pretty sure it's out already, actually, although I'm not sure about America. Let me google it... yup, it came out on June the 5th. SO it should be avaliable. :-D
    Haha, I'm glad you agree with me about that. I swoon badly over men in khaki. :-) It's quite shameful.

    Thanks for the lovely pre-gushing comments! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this. :-)

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for posting this! I think I'll rent it on Amazon tonight! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to be commenting for the 3rd time (you don't have to publish this) but I thought I should let you know that this movie is SO GOOD AND IT'S GOING TO MAKE YOU CRY!! Ahhhh!! I just watched it this evening ... I think I need to write a blog post on it. It's good. Really good. I actually found it for free online ... I'm not sure how long they'll keep it up there, but hey! It's free for now!

    http://www.onlinemoviespro.me/watch-testament-of-youth-2015-full-hd-movie-online/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emily, Goodness, you can comment 100 times and I wouldn't delete any! :-)
    YOU SAW IT!!!! *freaks out with jealousy*
    AND YOU FOUND IT FREE ONLINE!!!! Thank you! I was looking and looking! Thank you so much. Do you think I will be there by Saturday? Because that's when I have time to watch it. I HOPE SO. I can't wait!!

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen to the Khaki uniforms!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.