Monday, 5 October 2015

Lark Rise to Candleford - The Very Last Episode - Review - With Spoilers - Also With CAPS

MINNIE AND ALFIE ARE JUST UNBELIEVABLE. I THINK I WILL DIE BECAUSE OF THEM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

WE FINISHED IT ALL AND OH THE LAST EPISODE HAD ME IN TEARS AND MORE TEARS AND IN LAUGHTER AND OHHH IT WAS PERFECT. I literally just finished it and my heart seems to be popping with fireworks. Also, I love Alfie more than EVER now. I just want to marry him. But then, I'm happy that Minnie's there - okay, we'll talk about that later.

So yes. A Review is in Order. (Obviously, it will be spilling over richly in a glorious abundance of spoilers. Because it's hard to NOT write a review-filled-with-spoilers when one is writing a review of the last episode of the last season.)

So firstly.

Mrs Arless is back! 


I know some of you cannot stand this lady, and I get that. But seriously, I MISSED her so baaaad. When she said, 'Come and hug your ma before I die of happiness' we all laughed because, hey, Lark Rise really wasn't the same without her.

And I REALLY hope she changed for the better. I desperately hope all will go well for the Arlesses from now on. (I know these characters are fictional but, ohhh, I'm worried for them.) It was sweet of her, though, to go and buy presents. "I didn't even go and spend a PENNY on myself! I'm not BAD!"

She made the episode jolly jolly.


Oh! I normally don't think Thomas and Margaret are that 'cute' (I really don't like the word 'cute' anyways) of a couple, but that scene where Thomas realises Margaret is pregnant really WAS adorable. Seriously, it actually made me cry. (But then I was crying all the way through, so maybe I was still crying from the scene before.)

"Oh, Thomas, just KISS me."

I think they'll have a girl and call her Amelia. And then the dog is simply Cordelia.


OHHHHHHHHH.

GABRIEL AND DORCAS. GABRIEL AND DORCAS. GABRIEL AND DORCAS.

Everything and EVERYTHING about that scene of theirs was perfect. From her 'I have many, many weaknesses' to his 'I want to love. And be loved. By you.' And then their kiss and their PERFECT HUG and then DORCAS' SMILE BECAUSE SHE FINALLY HAS SOMEONE.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. I need MORE.

Oh, and when Minnie goes and makes her speech!!!

I loved that scene. "Oh it is so, is it?" "It is!" and "I ain't never seen such a three-legged girl!" (Poor Minnie. But the bike fall really was hysterically awesome.) And then she went, "Alfie can't even love a girl because his Ma is in his way! His house is his prison and you're his PRISONER!" And then Emma was like, "I think you mean jailer, Minnie."

YOU GO MINNIE. :-)

And now.... Are you ready? Caps ahead. And not just one sentence of them. Because we all know Naomi get's embarrassingly capsy when it comes to MINNIE AND ALFIE.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. THAT'S ALL.
AND THEN THE PROPOSAL.

THAT WAS SERIOUSLY THE BEST SCENE IN MY LIFE. I NEED TO RE SEE IT NOW.

Everything was perfect. From Sydney quickly taking the cabbage to the fanfare to Caroline quickly giving her ring to Alfie to give to Minnie even though her fingers are twice as big as Minnie's. AND THEN THE HUG AND THE SMILES AND THE KISSES.

The other scene earlier on, where Minnie goes, 'Will you propose?' and all that, made me soooooo have inner fireworks too. WHEN ALFIE SAYS, 'Husband?' OHHH I NEED TO SEE THEM HAVING BABIES AND A HOUSE TOGETHER. WHY DID THIS STOP HERE. I NEED A WEDDING!!!!!

*Naomi turns off all caps*


All in all, this episode WAS perfect.

I don't know how I will EVER sleep tonight. But I'll try. While squealing and turning on 'all caps' in my brain. Good night. AND OH let's start a petition for a series FIIIIVE. Because I need it so so SO badly right now.

And I have to remind you; I LOVE ALFIE.

5 comments:

  1. OHHHHHHHHH!

    I greatly enjoyed this:D

    I'm so glad you loved it! I'll admit, I kind of wanted a little bit more from the finale, BUT, all in all, yes, WONDERFUL!

    MINNIE AND ALFIE AND THE DANCING AND THE SMILING AND THE PROPOSAL WHEN HE KNELT DOWN AAAAAAGGGGGHHHH! I know. I know. "I think you mean jailor, Minnie." Hahaha:D

    I knooooooowww--when Pearl and Ruby tell him that she's pregnant, and his FACE and then "how??" and the sisters' facial expressions…gaaahhh XD

    "I have many, many weaknesses." Dawwwww.

    Thanks for a lovely review!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuute. (Yes, I don't always like that word either. Sometimes it fits and sometimes it doesn't. Well, THIS is one of the times when it fits :) )

    I think Alfie and Minnie look like one of the best couples EVER. Would it be fair to call them the "stars" of Lark Rise to Candleford? Because that's what they seem like to me. I mean, EVERYBODY is talking about them. With good reason, of course--don't get me wrong here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even seen Lark Rise but I looooove Alfie and Minnie - oh they are SO CUTE!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, words are failing me right now, but I just had to let you know that I liked this post! ALFIE AND MINNIE! :D AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (Exactly! Words just aren't good enough!)

    I'm glad Mrs. Arless came back! Her talk with Minnie was hilarious!

    And Thomas and Margaret! They're not my favorite characters in the series, but I felt so happy for them in this episode! It was just so sweet!

    As for Miss Lane and Gabriel. Hmmmm...I can't quite decide if I like them together or not. Gabriel sometimes irks me with his moodiness, but he is kind, too, so it probably works out all right. I do kind of wish that Miss Lane had ended up with someone a little more lively, just because she was so full of life in the first season and I think she lost some of that as the series progressed.

    (On a side note, do you like Sydney? Just curious, because he annoys be rather dreadfully. I liked the original actor for him better than the second one. The second one's acting seemed kind of stiff and emotionless. At least that's how it came across to me. What did you think?)

    Thanks for the post, Naomi! :) And oh! I know! It's so sad when a lovely series comes to an end! A season five would have been splendid!

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comments, girls!!!! Miss March - I liked the first Sydney much better, too - the second one just SAID things. :-P

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.