Saturday, 13 August 2016

People

(Before I start: Yes! This is the look for the Downton Abbey week! Get excited, folks!)

I love people who are weird and over excited. I love people who sing because they enjoy it and not because they want attention. I love people who make bad puns and then apologise for them. I love people who pass on random compliments and who don't expect compliments back. I love people who feel comfortable in their own raw skin, but do it in a classy way. I love girls with braids and girl who dress up on Sundays. I love people who don't take themselves too seriously, but who are wise at the same time. I love people who are older than they are, but don't pretend to be older than they are. (There is a big difference between the two.) I love teenagers who love and trust their parents and teenagers who don't swear. I love men who greet other men by giving thumps on each others backs and calling each other 'mate.' I love kids who have the brain of old people and who roll their eyes at some stuff adults do and say. I love people who have been bullied because they are normally the nicest and most interesting people. I love people with unique backstories and unique ideas and dreams for the future. I love people who have huge, contagious laughs and then aren't embarrassed about it. I love people who are introverted and obviously so terribly interesting people with huge hearts. I love people who slander books and read classics and play the piano. I love boys who sing and play with little children and eat lots of biscuits. I love people with sarcasm and a twisty smile. I love people with Irish accents and people who wear plaid shirts and scarves. I love people who smile at strangers and talk to themselves and don't care what people think. I love people who are homeschooled and people with large families. I love people who have freckles and eyes that smile. I love people who give random hugs and say ridiculously random things. I love people who have their own opinion but see other sides as well. I love girls who hang out with boys and have fun - without flirting. I love people who get really really really excited about little things, and I love people who recommend books and movies with passion. I love people who write long emails and random emails. I love people who journal and who are a child at heart. I love people who are single and don't care, and I love couples with cute love stories. I love people who laugh at their own jokes because they are so lame. 
But most of all I love people who love God.

26 comments:

  1. Aww, this post is so good!! I love a lot of the same people apparently. :) Just yes. And isn't it interesting how homeschoolers from large families are always so nice?

    I love your new header! Especially the Dowager Countess's stare. xD Do you mind if I join in on Downton Abbey week even if I've only watched the first four and a half seasons? I'd just have to be careful not to read posts with a lot of spoilers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meredith!!

      Yes, I'd LOVE to have you in. :-) I'm planning to tell people at the beginning of the post from what seasons the spoilers are, so you're good. :-) Thank you for joining!

      Delete
  2. Yes yes yes to all of it!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those kinds of people. You pretty much just got it right on. Those things you said would easily be on my list as well! This post was just perfect. Beautiful.
    (Oh, and your DA look is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure your week will go splendidly!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ME TOO.:)

    ~Rilla Blythe

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post . . .

    I don't really know how to say how much it made it smile, and how much it means to me. But: THANK YOU. Seriously, thank you for reminding me to appreciate the good in everybody :-)

    (By the way--I love people who live in Belgium and like period dramas and make super-cute blog headers. Just so's you know ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm grinning widely and totally agree with what Jessica said :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was such a darling post. :)

    First off, that new header is exceedingly pleasant to gaze upon! :D (Which I have done... several times. Also, Sybil looks REALLY pretty and nice. I like her.)

    So, basically 'yes' to it all - some ESPECIALLY more so than others. :D
    (Seriously, one of THE biggest things I love about some girls is when they hang out with boys and have fun and don't flirt. There should be way more of them in the world!)

    This was so sweet. I was smiling the whole way through. :)

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Meg! :-)
      I know, there should be more of 'em. :-)

      Delete
  8. This post made me smile so much, it's so sweet and adorable and TRUE, especially the "I love boys who sing and play with little children and eat lots of biscuits" part!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely post, Naomi! I'm still following you! I just haven't commented as much. I read everything you write. x :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jillian! You don't have to comment on every post; that's quite okay! By the way, thank you for sending me your story... I haven't read it yet, but I'm looking forward to it when I find time. :-)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! No rush at all on reading it. I understand busy! :-) xx

      Delete
  10. I love such people!

    I CAN'T WAIT FOR DOWNTON ABBEY WEEK!!!!
    I'm so excited.

    Your Downton Abbey header is GORGEOUS!!!! I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THESE PRETTIES.

    This post was fabulous, Naomi--fabulous. It just Makes One Feel Good inside--most of your writing does, I find.

    And--just--the picture at the top and how it's centered so that the text tapers down and how many types of traits you talk about and how you love funny people and just YES.

    AND THE LAST SENTENCE. YES.

    My only thing is, you love people who slander books?! Whaaaaat?! SHOW ME THE TRAITORS WHO DO SUCH THINGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww, thanks, Olivia!!

      I MEAN SLANDER AS IN READING LOADS OKAY. :-P

      Delete
  12. I love this so much, Naomi! Completely agree with it all. Aren't people just the most fascinating things?

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.