Firstly, this is not a game. Just clarifying. Well, you could call it a game, I suppose, only I don't know the answers myself.
So I often find pictures of Period Dramas online - Pinterest, etc. - and mostly, of course, I know what Period Drama it is that I'm pinning from. Because I like to call myself a bit of an expert when it comes to Period Dramas - it's my one weakness, it's a big passion of mine, I know plenty. But there are always some I've never heard of, and there are many random Period Drama pictures I have found online that I don't recognise.
Could you help me satisfy my curiosity?
1. This is the actress - Um, Holiday Grainger, or something like that? - who played one of the Ugly Sisters in 'Cinderella.' I have no idea what movie this picture is from. Probably some Period Drama filled with unappropiate scenes; it looks like it. I know there's a movie in which she acts with Richard Madden (not Cinderella), but the fashion in this picture looks different.
2. I THINK I know this one, but clarification would be satisfying, haha. I think it's from the-Period-Drama-I-absolutely-DO-NOT-want to see, 'A Royal Affair.' I know, I know, Alicia Vikander looks gorgeous, but if this picture is from 'A Royal Affair', I can tell you, I still don't want to see it. It looks like the icky-est movie ever: I cringe at the trailer alone.
3. This looks SO GORGEOUS. What is this from. Tell me. (I'm guessing maybe Howards End? No idea. It looks very pretty, but looks might be deceiving.)
4. NO REALLY WHAT IS THIS PICTURE FROM. A young girl? In Edwardian clothes? This looks like a really cool movie. Does any of you know, by any chance? Yes? (Maybe this is one of the girls in Mr Selfridge, but I'm not sure. That's my guess, anyway.)
5. This looks pretty... muddy. I thought it was Return to Cranford first, because of the building-tent-thing, but it isn't. I don't recognise the actress either. I love the dress, though, with the lace collar and the PUFFS and the blue and the gatherings. Oh yes. :-P
6. The only Period Film I know Jenna Coleman in is Death Comes to Pemberly (oh and the new Victoria movie, but that's not out yet.) So I'm wondering what this is...
7. ISN'T THAT DRESS GORGEOUS. I mean just look a the way the skirt drapes so sheenily and evenly. And the frothy swishhhh. I love it. But, as you know, I have no CLUE what the movie is. Maybe it's the same one as the one up there (the picture which had a lady walking on dunes with a parasol.) It might be the same movie.
8. We all know why I am curious. THE PARASOL. And the hat. This looks beautiful. I'm guessing maybe 'A Royal Affair' (again). I HOPE it's not 'A Royal Affair', though.
9. Keira Knightley absolutely rocks the 40's style! No, I don't think she's a good Elizabeth Bennet - you know it all - but she looks absolutely gorgeous and adorable in here! I love her hairstyle. Is this Atonement? Or The Imitation Game? 'Cos both those movies have her in it, and are set during the 40's. (Emma, do you know?)
10. Lily James in Regency Garb and blonde hair. Hmmm. This isn't 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' (a weird movie coming up) because Lily James has brown hair in there. I have NO idea where this is from. I'm guessing maybe, um, 'War and Peace'? I don't know why I'm guessing that. But I guessed it, so there. :-)
11. For some reason or the other I think this is from the same movie as the Lily James picture. I'm guessing 'War and Peace.' It looks Tolstoy-ish.
12. Okay, I'm REALLY curious about this one, because it looks frightfully ridiculously GORGEOUS. Does anyone know? It looks like it could be Downton Abbey - maybe it's a character from season 6 that I'm not aware of yet? I have NO idea. I'd be really happy if one of you knew this. I'd thank you and maybe give you cake.
Help me!!! :-)